Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

12 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Ages ago (after chemistry release though) there were rumours of a film song with Nick Jonas :) 

Oh that wasn’t a song with them. Kelly mention in an interview (that happened to have Nick in the interview too) that she was writing a song for a movie. Unrelated to what she was promoting 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

3 hours ago, RealityBites said:

Oh that wasn’t a song with them. Kelly mention in an interview (that happened to have Nick in the interview too) that she was writing a song for a movie. Unrelated to what she was promoting 

Ohhh thanks! That’s really useful clarity for me :heart:

anyways, not long until we find out what it is! Really hope it’s music related, but somewhat doubt it 

On 3/11/2024 at 11:10 AM, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Ohhh thanks! That’s really useful clarity for me :heart:

anyways, not long until we find out what it is! Really hope it’s music related, but somewhat doubt it 

My guess is she’ll be one of the hosts for NBCs Olympics coverage 

4 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

What did they talk about? 

25 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

What did they talk about? 

These 3 will be hosting the opening ceremony!

Yeah it’s pretty awesome and will do a lot to add to her ever growing celebrity status in the US! 

would it be too much to hope she gets the Olympic song :gaycat4: (pull through Atlantic)

• Like 1

Will be curious if this is actually any good, or just a waste of time like lots of the Heat ones that did nothing to improve streaming stats. Ballad remixes aren’t exactly everyone’s cup of tea :gaycat6:

that said, looking at MOTi’s Spotify, he has some quite good numbers for a DJ

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

I’ve been thinking about the remix a little bit, and reading the forums and speculating on nonsense in my head this past hour.

A while ago, I said I’d love a chemsitry remixed a la PBP remixed, then as a later secondary idea, I posted a similar idea with joint chemistry and MoL. But, beyond the point that I wanted nee songs, there was the underlying feeling for me that the songs from chemistry were great and had a whole lot more potential than they managed to live up to from a commercial point of view (some blame has to go to the release strategy - strikes aside there were some decisions that didn’t allow the project to get what it could’ve when *I think* i remember Kelly saying Atlantic could do what they wanted with the single). Finally, the main leading point as to why I kept running to see ideas of remixes: it felt like a lot of the songs were also missing something.

Let’s for a second rewind to when Kelly did the cover of DJ Play a Christmas song, it was SO evident how big a song in that vein would be for Kelly and everyone was eating it up like mad. With FKOH, a lot of our comments across the Kellysphere were based around the production needing a bit of a change. Then the Guetta remix came out and the intro was just a rehash of When Love Takes Over (despite being probably the best remix she’s ever had). Despite its shortcomings, it did show a lot of promise with the sped up version. That said, the performance yesterday of FKOH shows exactly what the song should be: sped up a la guetta remix but more of a DJ Play a Christmas song instrumental. Given that they could’ve released anything digitally between MoL and chemistry to fill the gap - even if a b side to a digital single for new material - a re recording of FKOH like yesterdays performance is literally a must for me - and hey could tie in to the Olympics if they haven’t got anything signed/planned for then (I hope they already do in any case).

The other standout track for a remix for me was DTY, which you know, we’ve gone back and forth on the idea of how it should’ve been lead based on theme of album and it’s earwormness.  More to that, I’ve always thought it should have a remix. Like FKOH, I feel like all it really needs is to be a tiny bit faster.

That said, with remixes, I’m kind of the persuasion that I wouldn’t be adverse to Kelly working with people who reimagine her work and provide unorthodox ideas for different ways of playing with the songs (hey I’d extend that to normal production but one step at a time)

Therefore, I’ll reserve judgement on the MOTi remix. I mean, I do think it’s a bit rogue to release it after the vinyl sale tracking week and when the song isn’t on radio anymore, but who knows, it might be a worthy addition to her discography. Ballads rarely translate in remixes, but MOTi seems like a promising DJ, so who knows. That said, if this is a direction to releasing a million and one remixes of a ballad that did nothing and will do nothing then I’ll be frustrated as the effort should’ve gone on a song more likely to respond better to remixes. But we shall see!!

Finally, I really hope she does get to do the Olympic song (or even perform for the closing ceremony given the next host is normally in that). At the lowest level, I hope NBC use some of her established discography in their work/promo for the Olympics if new content is not possible. Like I feel from a professional point of view it’s the easiest deal to strike.

PS, given she’s in Europe for the job anyways, some post Olympic shows in Europe - heck even if it’s just one in Paris (London is probably a better bet based on fanbases and Olympic costs) would be a great thing to give the fans this side of the world that can’t afford the time or money for a trip across the pond. The last full set (non radio shows) we got in Europe was the stronger tour. Over a decade ago (Pbp was cancelled in Europe due to pregnancy and MoL didn’t go out of US)

18 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

I’ve been thinking about the remix a little bit, and reading the forums and speculating on nonsense in my head this past hour.

A while ago, I said I’d love a chemsitry remixed a la PBP remixed, then as a later secondary idea, I posted a similar idea with joint chemistry and MoL. But, beyond the point that I wanted nee songs, there was the underlying feeling for me that the songs from chemistry were great and had a whole lot more potential than they managed to live up to from a commercial point of view (some blame has to go to the release strategy - strikes aside there were some decisions that didn’t allow the project to get what it could’ve when *I think* i remember Kelly saying Atlantic could do what they wanted with the single). Finally, the main leading point as to why I kept running to see ideas of remixes: it felt like a lot of the songs were also missing something.

Let’s for a second rewind to when Kelly did the cover of DJ Play a Christmas song, it was SO evident how big a song in that vein would be for Kelly and everyone was eating it up like mad. With FKOH, a lot of our comments across the Kellysphere were based around the production needing a bit of a change. Then the Guetta remix came out and the intro was just a rehash of When Love Takes Over (despite being probably the best remix she’s ever had). Despite its shortcomings, it did show a lot of promise with the sped up version. That said, the performance yesterday of FKOH shows exactly what the song should be: sped up a la guetta remix but more of a DJ Play a Christmas song instrumental. Given that they could’ve released anything digitally between MoL and chemistry to fill the gap - even if a b side to a digital single for new material - a re recording of FKOH like yesterdays performance is literally a must for me - and hey could tie in to the Olympics if they haven’t got anything signed/planned for then (I hope they already do in any case).

The other standout track for a remix for me was DTY, which you know, we’ve gone back and forth on the idea of how it should’ve been lead based on theme of album and it’s earwormness.  More to that, I’ve always thought it should have a remix. Like FKOH, I feel like all it really needs is to be a tiny bit faster.

That said, with remixes, I’m kind of the persuasion that I wouldn’t be adverse to Kelly working with people who reimagine her work and provide unorthodox ideas for different ways of playing with the songs (hey I’d extend that to normal production but one step at a time)

Therefore, I’ll reserve judgement on the MOTi remix. I mean, I do think it’s a bit rogue to release it after the vinyl sale tracking week and when the song isn’t on radio anymore, but who knows, it might be a worthy addition to her discography. Ballads rarely translate in remixes, but MOTi seems like a promising DJ, so who knows. That said, if this is a direction to releasing a million and one remixes of a ballad that did nothing and will do nothing then I’ll be frustrated as the effort should’ve gone on a song more likely to respond better to remixes. But we shall see!!

Finally, I really hope she does get to do the Olympic song (or even perform for the closing ceremony given the next host is normally in that). At the lowest level, I hope NBC use some of her established discography in their work/promo for the Olympics if new content is not possible. Like I feel from a professional point of view it’s the easiest deal to strike.

PS, given she’s in Europe for the job anyways, some post Olympic shows in Europe - heck even if it’s just one in Paris (London is probably a better bet based on fanbases and Olympic costs) would be a great thing to give the fans this side of the world that can’t afford the time or money for a trip across the pond. The last full set (non radio shows) we got in Europe was the stronger tour. Over a decade ago (Pbp was cancelled in Europe due to pregnancy and MoL didn’t go out of US)

Watch Atlantic also fumble that ball. It’s right there for the taking. A new Olympics song would be so cool from Kelly, she can write a solid anthem 

• Like 1

Definitely requesting this is in the clubs :snowball:

But fr, why not do a remix for "i won't give up" instead? Or maybe that's on the way too...

I'm not feeling that remix... :katie: It sounds lazily put together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DEGUOM said:

Definitely requesting this is in the clubs :snowball:

But fr, why not do a remix for "i won't give up" instead? Or maybe that's on the way too...

I'm obsessed with this!

Also...

She's constantly covering songs that make me think, "WHY DON'T YOU RECORD SONGS LIKE THIS?!?"

• Like 1

For me, the remix isn’t the tea, but I’ll stream it to help numbers etc but also think the whole rollout of lighthouse was a mess. Like it’s been off radio for ages, the original release 2 days before album sabotaged its chance of getting playlisted, idk, despite originally having the best streaming numbers of non singles, it’s not been connecting with the GP and I doubt this remix will help. BUT, as I’ve said many times, I’m always here for reimagined songs and appreciate the attempt with this one. What I hope is that there is a sort of remix EP coming but I strongly doubt that.

however, chemistry aside, I keep thinking about those AC shows at the start of May. Surely they were chosen to coincide with a release!?! (Prays for an Olympic song - and not IWGU but something new)

Interesting data

the song is somewhat okay playlisted in the EDM world - playlist reach of 215k

I’m in a rabbit hole in my head but I keep thinking back to this tweet (and what could have possibly provoked it - they are label mates) 

and I keep thinking about that song she was finishing off with Sia just before the release of chemsitry - even though it’s not on chemistry or Sia’s album. I feel like there’s something exciting brewing for our next era 

rediscovering the gems they gave us with the stronger and greatest hits fan preorders. such a shame we don't have the smoakstack sessions or an updated MI on streaming, it's been so long since the studio recording was anything close to what it's evolved into.

anyways, reliving 2012 life loving this again

• Like 1

Also, this is one of my fave Kellyokes ever! I can't believe Kelly did KT Tunstall <3 <3 <3  would love a song like this on her next album

Kinda hoping they release the full Belasco show on her birthday for the 1-year anniversary cause girl if not then what are they waiting for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it's been said to death but I just heard DTY in a bar and my gosh it's soooo good on big speakers. Cannot believe they didn't release this as a lead :gaycat6:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.