Kesha

TomTom

New interview! I think

https://americansongwriter.com/kesha-opens-up-about-her-new-music-and-perspective-i-feel-like-a-little-kid-on-christmas-morning/

AS: I’m excited to see what comes next. It feels like the world is your oyster and you’ve found your lane. So, how about the future? What’s on your mind personally or professionally? Do you feel hopeful, cleansed, consumed, insecure, secure?

Kesha: Personally and professionally, I’m just really excited. I feel like I haven’t been professionally in the position I’m in right now since I was 17-years-old. And I’m just really excited about the future. I feel a freedom that has been such a foreign feeling to me for the first time in a really, really long time.

AS: That’s really great. I’m happy for you! I know what that relief can feel like. And I know how hard it is to find. And how we even sort of put it off for ourselves thinking that a different future is what we’re supposed to have. It’s just great to hear the relief and joy in your voice. So, congratulations.

Kesha: Oh my god! Thank you! I feel so—I feel like a little kid on, like, Christmas morning. That’s kind of how I feel. I don’t know what I’m about to unwrap for myself but, like, I’m excited to close the door on a very painful chapter and I feel like I’m finally in the new chapter that I’ve been waiting for for a really long time.

AS: That’s empowering and exciting. Okay, last question, what do you love most about music—especially right now?

Kesha: What do I love most about music? I feel like music is magical. And I like being a part of a magic for other people when they listen to my music. And I also love being transformed by the magic that other people created.

Edited by Vixen Eyes
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• SmittenCake

• CroNich

I CAN'T STOP CRYING KIDS, WE DID IT!

The fact that she did not just leave Kemosabe, did not just leave Kemosabe and RCA, but literally left RCA, Kemosabe and Vector is absolutely insane in the best possible way.

Her management has been the worst part of her entire team (that she completely fired apparently) and I really didn't expect she'd have the courage to make this step given that she has been with Vector for her entire career.

@bearman Throwback to when we had nightmares of her only leaving Kemosabe and remaining with RCA and Vector. I'm so excited for what comes next.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I CAN'T STOP CRYING KIDS, WE DID IT!

The fact that she did not just leave Kemosabe, did not just leave Kemosabe and RCA, but literally left RCA, Kemosabe and Vector is absolutely insane in the best possible way.

Her management has been the worst part of her entire team (that she completely fired apparently) and I really didn't expect she'd have the courage to make this step given that she has been with Vector for her entire career.

@bearman Throwback to when we had nightmares of her only leaving Kemosabe and remaining with RCA and Vector. I'm so excited for what comes next.

I'm happy that she literally pressed the reset button on everything. Her management was there for her when no one was but I'm also happy that she realised that they just don't know how to manage a pop star. 

Kinda bittersweet that she left RCA when things finally started clicking but also excited at the prospect of her getting a much deserved fresh start. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bearman said:

I'm happy that she literally pressed the reset button on everything. Her management was there for her when no one was but I'm also happy that she realised that they just don't know how to manage a pop star. 

Yup, exactly!

4 minutes ago, bearman said:

Kinda bittersweet that she left RCA when things finally started clicking but also excited at the prospect of her getting a much deserved fresh start. 

There‘s nothing holding her back now. No lawsuit, no Luke, no Kemosabe, no RCA, no Vector…I can feel that she is coming for blood.

• Like 5

Everything is lined up for her now. Lets hope she makes the most of this incredible new career opportunity.

• Like 3

another IG post of her nude outdoors

exhibitionist QUEEN

w8oKbUb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:22 PM, TomTom said:

Yup, exactly!

There‘s nothing holding her back now. No lawsuit, no Luke, no Kemosabe, no RCA, no Vector…I can feel that she is coming for blood.

you have zero clue how much this statement alone just warms my gay little heart :jonny5:

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, SmittenCake said:

another IG post of her nude outdoors

exhibitionist QUEEN

w8oKbUb.gif

Rainbow part two coming! are we getting that folk album finally? (or another different one?)

• Like 1

wait hold on, what if she goes back to warner records??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

wait hold on, what if she goes back to warner records??

I thought about this too. That would honestly be a "full circle" moment and it's not totally far-fetched considering she probably has enough of Sony and Luke works at Universal now.

• Like 1

Can we talk about the fact that, less than two years ago, it looked like she could become the next Amber Heard, be forced to pay Mr. Gottwald millions of dollars and be lucky if she even received the opportunity to remain chained to RCA for the rest of her life and now she walked away from a potential trial, the lawsuit, Dr. Luke, Kemosabe, RCA and her management just like that as if nothing happened and can do whatever she wants with whomever she wants?

If she manages to create a more modern version of her earlier sound with the same fun spirit and maybe recaptures a little bit of success (fingers crossed), I feel like that combined with the above-mentioned backstory could do so much for her legacy in the long term. I think the general perception of her is going to take a significant positive swing if she keeps serving the same kind of quality as now, but without all the obstacles and limitations her bad management, RCA and Luke created for her.

Despite the massive trauma and damage inflicted on her, the way she was able to end Luke's whole retaliation ordeal was so graceful that I believe it will make a lasting positive impression in the long term. Luke's whole grip on her in every aspect fizzled away the day she won her appeals at New York's highest court and now nobody is looking back anymore. That almost feels like an ancient event already. I think he must be fuming secretly just like his deranged wife did on Instagram.

• Like 7

Prayer circle for her to sign with one of the 3 major labels and not BMG, the graveyard of all our favourites veteran pop stars.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keshasfillers said:

I wonder if she’s free from Prescription Songs too.

Same! I think she must be.

1 hour ago, bearman said:

Prayer circle for her to sign with one of the 3 major labels and not BMG, the graveyard of all our favourites veteran pop stars.

What‘s BMG? I only know Sony/Universal/Warner :rip:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

What‘s BMG? I only know Sony/Universal/Warner :rip:.

Fake German! It’s Bertelsmann Music Group, it used to part of Sony (Sony BMG) and spun off a few years ago. They sign all our favorite flop artists. 

• Haha 4

Just now, bearman said:

Fake German! It’s Bertelsmann Music Group, it used to part of Sony (Sony BMG) and spun off a few years ago. They sign all our favorite flop artists. 

Haha! If I understand it correctly, it's like a conglomerate of independent record labels? And affiliated with Warner through ADA?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Haha! If I understand it correctly, it's like a conglomerate of independent record labels? And affiliated with Warner through ADA?

They used to distribute their music through ADA but I think starting this year they’re doing everything internally. 

They recently signed a lot of ‘declining’ stars like Rita Ora, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue … and they’re known to be pretty cheap and lack resources compared to the big 3. 

• Like 2

I wonder if she’ll go to Interscope, didn’t Gaga want to get her out of Sony and bring her over to interscope so she could look after her. Was a while ago

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Avaisnoangel said:

I wonder if she’ll go to Interscope, didn’t Gaga want to get her out of Sony and bring her over to interscope so she could look after her. Was a while ago

Yeah! The thing is that Kesha and Lady Gaga testified that Interscope's CEO John Janick told them that Dr. Luke raped Katy Perry and John Janick testified that he didn't do that. He also appeared on Dr. Luke's trial witness list (in case the trial had taken place). So, I don't know if he would agree to sign Kesha under these circumstances :rip:.

• Like 2

Yeah, Interscope will be weird and Republic is a no go since Luke is there. That only leaves Capitol or a smaller boutique label at Universal. 

At Sony, she might move to Columbia. 

I think Warner is more probable either at Warner Records or Atlantic

Edited by bearman
  • Like 2

Just now, bearman said:

I think Warner is more probably either at Warner Records or Atlantic

Yeah and like I said above, that would honestly be a "full circle" moment for her if she truly went to Warner.

Also, she has been hanging out with Demi so much lately that maybe she'd sign with Island Records?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

Yeah and like I said above, that would honestly be a "full circle" moment for her if she truly went to Warner.

Also, she has been hanging out with Demi so much lately that maybe she'd sign with Island Records?

Hopefully not Island. I think it was Demi’s last album there anyway. Ideally she’ll produce and own her music and have distribution deal with one of the Warner labels.

There is also Rick Rubin’s label at Universal but it’s a Republic imprint. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bearman said:

Hopefully not Island. I think it was Demi’s last album there anyway. Ideally she’ll produce and own her music and have distribution deal with one of the Warner labels.

There is also Rick Rubin’s label at Universal but it’s a Republic imprint. 

what label does Taylor release/distribute under? everything is copyrighted as Taylor Swift

16 hours ago, bearman said:

They used to distribute their music through ADA but I think starting this year they’re doing everything internally. 

They recently signed a lot of ‘declining’ stars like Rita Ora, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue … and they’re known to be pretty cheap and lack resources compared to the big 3. 

yeah i hope she stays away from that label, Kylie's Tension had some of the WORST and LAZIEST physical layouts ive ever seen

Edited by Vixen Eyes
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

what label does Taylor release/distribute under? everything is copyrighted as Taylor Swift

It’s Republic a division of Universal. It was the same label that housed Big Machine. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.