Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Not sure why but Teenage Dream re-entered at #13 on the album chart here in NZ :clap3:

Probably because of the boxset.

8 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

What sound do we want for KP6? I feel like disco would be the safest bet but it feels kinda late now... everyone has moved on from it.

I would love something like this:

Country infused with EDM (more specifically drum & bass, this genre trends so easily nowadays)

I just want music that is not bland and doesn't sound dated tbh. 

I can totally see her going for disco now that everyone's done with that lmao.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• XxxKatyCatxxX

10 hours ago, Take Me Apart said:

What sound do we want for KP6? I feel like disco would be the safest bet but it feels kinda late now... everyone has moved on from it.

I would love something like this:

Country infused with EDM (more specifically drum & bass, this genre trends so easily nowadays)

For me it's clear that she has 2 viable options. Either she goes pop/rock again but with searing guitars solos and hard-hitting Phill Collins drums like this:

Or if she wants to show some growth, she has to go for the more laidback, chill vibes of songs like Harleys, Tsunami and her amazing unreleased song Spend The Night. To contrast with her now plethora of loud self-empowerment anthems. That rumoured snippet from the Tiffany's event this year also sounds quite good.

Unfortunately she thinks she needs to be a dance diva but that ship sailed a long time ago with the horrendous snub of WoA and going disco now would be very late to the party to say the least

God appetit is just so good :WAP:

I will never understand why it flopped, it should’ve been as big as Cali Gurls 

• Like 3

I wonder if 365 and When Im Gone were hits if an album woulda came with it. She was really feeling the electronic songs. I would love for her to do a more chill laid back album like Harley's it would show so much growth and be easier for her to perform.

Do you see her having a flowers moment?

Katy is not praised for her performances as Miley, and probably don't have the range either (sounds horrible, but Miley is the most versatile MPG right now). But both of them were king of in the same boat, if Miley can then Katy should too.

What does she need? a good song and a proper label? or that isn't enough for miss Katheryn Hudson 

I would love her to have her last hurrah. 

8 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Do you see her having a flowers moment?

Katy is not praised for her performances as Miley, and probably don't have the range either (sounds horrible, but Miley is the most versatile MPG right now). But both of them were king of in the same boat, if Miley can then Katy should too.

What does she need? a good song and a proper label? or that isn't enough for miss Katheryn Hudson 

I would love her to have her last hurrah. 

A good song that is atypical for her and current music. That is why the Weekend, Dua, Miley, Billie and even Lizzo stood out. This is also why Dark Horse stood out, and Harley in Hawaiis. 

I would like her to go back to a pop-rock sound but with 80s vibe like Miley did.  

15 hours ago, Topaz said:

I wonder if 365 and When Im Gone were hits if an album woulda came with it. She was really feeling the electronic songs. I would love for her to do a more chill laid back album like Harley's it would show so much growth and be easier for her to perform.

Seems like someone hasn’t heard Katy’s attempts at singing harleys live 
:suburban:

• Haha 2

Saw three different kids dressed up as Left Shark this year for Halloween. :jonny: That Super Bowl performance is timeless.

She is just waiting till the recession really starts like back in 2008 when she debuted in a big way.

The supply of workers has to go up while the demand for aviation, hospitality, venues,... cools down. When you can get much bang for buck instead of paying inflated prices and getting less service, stuff,...

Edited by katykater

5 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Why is nobody talking about her teasing kp6 on her Instagram tho 

There is no hype for a new Katy album

I feel like whatever she does next she should go balls to the wall and just buy a bunch of Dua leftovers or demo’s or do something different for once and try to make something cool or different in the realm of Dark Horse/ET/HIH because she seems to really shine on Urban/Trap vibe songs a lot for some reason which is something nobody seems to really talk about. She needs to do something different tho so she can at least say she tried in some sort of way IDK why you stand want her to go full on Bubblegum Pop again. 

33 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

I was so shocked when she posted about it and a whole 24 hours later still no one was discussing it it :'( So in the end I made the thread.

58 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Because this is getting boring.

She’s been teasing KP6 since 2021, saying new music is coming etc, it’s almost 2024 and nothing came. 

• Like 2

:celestial: When is she putting this one out

• Haha 1

Wide Awake did over 500k yesterday on Spotify, that's a really cute resurgence cuz it's been struggling for 100k gains for years now

Part of God remains the superior song though

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Wide Awake did over 500k yesterday on Spotify, that's a really cute resurgence cuz it's been struggling for 100k gains for years now

Part of God remains the superior song though

Since when it’s doing those numbers?

I feel like once we get bigger promotions beyond teasers there's gonna be more talks about it. I actually think this website as a whole is becoming much more excited about a potential Katy return, which is great to see considering how people always try to talk negative about her.

Uhm, I don’t believe for a second she is announcing her album/single tomorrow, but if she does It would be her best marketing move since Prism era

Spoiler

which actually make it unbelievable.

• Like 3

:WAP: no more live laugh love light smile bs, give us sensual BOPS, the Madonna collab makes so much sense now

Edited by Take Me Apart

I can see the first half of KP6 being full of When I'm Gones or Bon Appetits (I love that song btw) and something more production heavy, I would love if she tries something like Handstand by Miley. And definitely a few Harleys in Hawaii type songs with a couple of ballads on the second half of the album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.