Katy Perry

WalkingOnCharts

2 hours ago, Habibro said:

Does anyone remember the rollout to CTTR? the world premiere? I was living in Hawaii and college with no car at the time so I feel like I never fully experienced the Witness era

Lol it started fine but they were clearly relying on the buzz of her return to carry it. Like 3 live performances during it’s run and one of them was at iHeart Radio or something and the other one was for a British award show. The Grammy’s was really the only big one. I loved the aesthetic with the messy long blonde hair though. And they were struggling with how to promo it since her last era was during the sales era and the industry was transitioning to mostly streaming by that point. They tried to use the music video to cushion the second week drop on it and it sort of worked but I do remember the music video was removed for a few hours to fix an editing error at the beginning of the video :dies:. Truly symbolic of how the whole era was gonna go lmfao

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thismoment

• Tistotal

• justlore

• XxxKatyCatxxX

Do you remember the disco balls on some cities? :jonny4:

The hamster video getting views and views :jonny4:

The iconic grammy performance :jonny4:

The smashery in UK :jonny4:

3 hours ago, Tistotal said:

I liked the era with Chained To The Rhythm. I still think that was a great song and video even though everybody hates it.

The other two singles flopped but their streaming is surprsingly very strong. Especially BA on Youtube and Swish Swish on spotify.

4 hours ago, Tistotal said:

The hype was incredible and she did not fail me. The song, the video, the aesthetics were 10/10s. And sure, it showed the signs of decline with its performance (but after a long ass break like hers, it wasn't surprising), it was still a hit and became a smash here in Europe still getting airplay in the radios. But the second she started the Bon Appetit/Swish Swish era... it was over for her. 

Also

Bon Appetit - April 28

Swish Swish - May 19

How do you release two singles so close to each other? It was a mess. :rip: 

I think a lot of her momentum started slowing down at the end of the Prism era, especially with TIHWD (I love TIHWD but I don't think it was a smart single choice).

2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I think a lot of her momentum started slowing down at the end of the Prism era, especially with TIHWD (I love TIHWD but I don't think it was a smart single choice).

for sure, we'll never be tired of bitching about this being released instead of WOA or LL :rip: DH was so huge sure but we could've had a bigger song than TIHWD to end the era for sure, even some chiller ideas like It Takes Two with Bruno Mars or Ghost release, not ******* TIHWD with that one riff raff dude or whatever he was called

Prism roll out was messy. Like, they had an album packed with hits that are somwhat different from TD sound, yet they started the era with the most generic song- Roar. Don't get me wrong, the song is a smash, but it's like they were affraid of trying the new sound and the proof is DH roll out. They were so hesitating with giving it a full single treatment. And what did they do after - get back to bubble gum pop with Birthday and that horrific, wannabe campy video. They had a few aces in their sleeves to continue with the new sound (LL, WOA) thus, preparing for the witness era, but they were pushing Bday (wich is one of my faves but was hoping for ft with Mariah as an added value) and TIHWD, the most atrocious pop song by any pop girl. 

Like really odd that they didn't know how to target her with Prism. Witness was just a continuation of that. She was in her 30s, the overall sound has changed, they couldn't fit her anywhere although they had a decent number of songs that could do good - CTTR, Rulette, BA, SS, Miss you more. Smile just leaned onto that.

16 hours ago, hummingbird12 said:

Prism roll out was messy. Like, they had an album packed with hits that are somwhat different from TD sound, yet they started the era with the most generic song- Roar. Don't get me wrong, the song is a smash, but it's like they were affraid of trying the new sound and the proof is DH roll out. They were so hesitating with giving it a full single treatment. And what did they do after - get back to bubble gum pop with Birthday and that horrific, wannabe campy video. They had a few aces in their sleeves to continue with the new sound (LL, WOA) thus, preparing for the witness era, but they were pushing Bday (wich is one of my faves but was hoping for ft with Mariah as an added value) and TIHWD, the most atrocious pop song by any pop girl. 

Like really odd that they didn't know how to target her with Prism. Witness was just a continuation of that. She was in her 30s, the overall sound has changed, they couldn't fit her anywhere although they had a decent number of songs that could do good - CTTR, Rulette, BA, SS, Miss you more. Smile just leaned onto that.

I disagree. Roar was the perfect song to come back with. Why come out with something risky right away when you have a bonafied smash hit like Roar under your belt? I remember reading somewhere that John Mayer even said himself that when he heard Katy recording Roar that he knew it was going to be a massive hit. I do agree with you on the DH rollout. The whole DH vs WOA Pepsi challenge should've just been, "winner becomes the official second single." Would've smashed around halloween into the new year, then WOA and LL, finish the era with Birthday as a summer hit and a decent video and you would have had an era that flowed well. Unconditionally being forced down our throats was the problem. Birthday was fine as a Katy hit, and with the PROPER promo it could've smashed. Sugar was one of M5's biggest hits. LL would have been risky, but I feel like it culd have done well, and WOA was a wasted top 10 smash.

:coffee2: Can she just release new lead , uptempo , 3:30 length , dark long hair , skinny body , Spotify and Radio payola 

Is this “insider” reliable?

this tweet is gaining traction 

4 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

idk but

the key and heart emojis seem to be related to new music? KP pages has been using them since febraury.

And this page, Katy Perry Info, posted a tweet like 2-3 days ago with a "lyric" of the new song I guess? They deleted it 10-20 min after:rip:

btw, i bet on Zedd x Katy for Mario Bross:

31 Dec: 

Feb: Zedd's new merch, mushrooms themed

he liked this tweet 3 days ago

4 hours ago, justlore said:

idk but

the key and heart emojis seem to be related to new music? KP pages has been using them since febraury.

And this page, Katy Perry Info, posted a tweet like 2-3 days ago with a "lyric" of the new song I guess? They deleted it 10-20 min after:rip:

31 Dec: 

Oh wow:jonny5: 

On 3/12/2023 at 11:51 PM, halcyonday said:

Also

Bon Appetit - April 28

Swish Swish - May 19

How do you release two singles so close to each other? It was a mess. :rip: 

Let’s not forget it took them like 6 months to release the video for SS :bibliahh:. I remember us thinking she was gonna serve LOOKS for it because we thought the looks she posted for Feels were for SS :deadbanana2:

11 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I think they are. They tweeted a while ago about Nelly F doing a festival in LATAM this summer and she was just announced in Mexico

7 minutes ago, Sadie Saxton said:

Let’s not forget it took them like 6 months to release the video for SS :bibliahh:. I remember us thinking she was gonna serve LOOKS for it because we thought the looks she posted for Feels were for SS :deadbanana2:

it was a mess :rip: teenage dream really was the last era they really handled well. anything after that? a mess.

6 hours ago, justlore said:

idk but

31 Dec: 

i guess that's something :jonny:

18 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

i guess that's something :jonny:

yeah:biblionny:

key.... the heart....  :lakitu:

it might be a huge mental trip, but I think she's teasing a new song through this video. She did the exact same think with Play/WIG.

We know for a fact that her team use the most followed fanpage in order to create hype among the fandom. KPT retweeted this and they have alway shown to be reliable!

4 minutes ago, justlore said:

yeah:biblionny:

key.... the heart....  :lakitu:

it might be a huge mental trip, but I think she's teasing a new song through this video. She did the exact same think with Play/WIG.

We know for a fact that her team use the most followed fanpage in order to create hype among the fandom. KPT retweeted this and they have alway shown to be reliable!

I don’t know why, but for some reason I hope all of this hype is for a revamped version of Save Me Some Tonight with an updated ZEDD production :dies:

is there any reliable insider here that could confirm if she’s dropping something (other than shoes) ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.