Carrie Underwood

Mezik

I wonder if she'll add international dates to the tour.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gagacasanova

• Rylary

• SoulfulWings

• HEAVYONIT

What a horribly boring track. Really disappointed in this one compared to the other releases on the album thus far. 

Finally a slow song. 

its a very cute song i love it! its like a before he cheats but the opposite, where she's saying, cheat all you want, i dont want you anymore. good for you girl for opening your eyes and realising! 

Edited by Rylary

She don't know she dropped She Don't Know. :eddie:

She Don't Know is really well written.

• 2 weeks later...

"She Don't Know" is easily my fave of the new tracks so far. Hoping the album lives up to expectations.

Not long to go now before the album drops...

6 hours ago, SoulfulWings said:

Not long to go now before the album drops...

Can't wait for next friday, but it feels like there's no hype compared to the Cry Pretty release. I really hope the album will have songs like Backsliding or Unapologize, I need some power ballads!

Just listened to the snippets and I'm disappointed. Not sure if country is just not my cup of tea anymore or if she isn't. :chick3:

I miss her ballads. Faster sounds like the most promising song on the album, and I'm not a fan of this twangy party song sound that's present in quite a few of these songs.

Can't believe the album is out tomorrow...

Part of me can't separate the person from the artist. I used to LOVE her, but after all of the antivaxx likes, part of that love faded.

I listened to the album, it's fine, but:

1. It is too short. I think it's less than 40min

2. There is no BA, CB, DA. The album is sonically cohesive, but most of the songs are meh. I feel like the album goes nowhere. There's no theme, it's just a collection of songs

3. Why is there only one love ballad? Faster is fine, but the lyrics are so simple, the entire chorus is "you make my heart beat faster" over and over. 

After 3 years i was expecting a better album, we know she can do better than this! 

I really liked Wanted Woman and Burn tho

It's a very cohesive album. Her most cohesive album since Play On.

1 hour ago, SoulfulWings said:

It's a very cohesive album. Her most cohesive album since Play On.

I hate that we can't have a cohesive and good album from her apparently :priceless:

--

Listened to the whole album; D&R, Garden, Ghost Story, and Pink Champagne are really the standouts for me. Faster sounded promising from the snippet but the full version was disappointing. Not at all a fan of the rockier songs (Hate My Heart, Velvet Heartbreak, Poor Everybody Else). I think She Don't Know can grow on me eventually.

So sad we didn't get a strong ballad :chick3: They're usually the best songs on her albums for me (The Bullet, Heartbeat, LINLYA, Forever Changed, Just a Dream) but as long as she's happy I guess.

This is the first Carrie Underwood album where I'm not feeling it. All of the songs are plain. The only ones that stand out are Faster and the promo singles. It all just blurs together as average listening. Disappointing album.

I've given the album a few more listens and its starting to grow on me. It's still not her strongest album by any means but its listenable.

1 hour ago, Sasha. said:

let's remember this iconic moment

Something like this is missing from D&R 

How lovely is Faster?!...she doesn't do them often but when she does she really does beautiful ballads.

17 hours ago, Victoria. said:

Something like this is missing from D&R 

100% agreed. but dont think she meant for D&R to have songs like this. I do agree with you 100% tho, maybe one sad heartbreak song is all we need in D&R 

This album has really grown on me after a few listens. It's still not her best album but there are some bops on it, like Pink Champagne and Velvet Heartbreak. I just wish she would've used her range on this album, I miss those high notes.

10 hours ago, SoulfulWings said:

This album has really grown on me after a few listens. It's still not her best album but there are some bops on it, like Pink Champagne and Velvet Heartbreak. I just wish she would've used her range on this album, I miss those high notes.

she's stopped singing higher notes, maybe to save her voice. she doesnt do the high parts for blown away anymore, which is very disappointing. 

First week predictions are 28-33k........:rip:

I am speechless. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.