• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TattooedDreams

• Fruity

• Cz!

• Tropez

2 hours ago, Tropez said:

Since there is no Year 0 decades and centuries start after the 0. Since the 90s actually ended in 2001 and the 00s in 2011. 

Nah. The 90s began on January 1, 1990, and ended on December 31, 1999. That's why they're called "the Nineties."

16 minutes ago, Cz! said:

Nah. The 90s began on January 1, 1990, and ended on December 31, 1999. That's why they're called "the Nineties."

so this Millenium started on January 1, 2000 but the 21th century started January 1, 2001, right? 

Edited by Michael21

Wow at Gaga & Fergie. :gaycat5: 

Beyonce had me shook.

10 minutes ago, Michael21 said:

so this Millenium started on January 1, 2000 but the 21th century started January 1, 2001, right? 

both the millennium and the 21st century started jan 1, 2000 as well as the 2000s decade

and the 2010s decade also started jan 1, 2010

1 minute ago, Mr Boots said:

both the millennium and the 21st century started jan 1, 2000 as well as the 2000s decade

and the 2010s decade also started jan 1, 2010

Both the (3rd) millenium and the 21st century started on January 1, 2001.

The 90s, however, is a name given to the years 1990-99. Was it "the 200th decade," I'd agree with Tropez.

2 hours ago, Cz! said:

Thanks. I didn't know we had a year 0. It's great throwing logic out the window to rush to make a reply. 

I'll try to add on to the list maybe till like 4 lol but I may forget some 

5 hours ago, Fruity said:

No, he's not. People get confused by the "there's no year 0" theory and assume that BC had a distinct end. Millenniums are a man-made distinction and go by popular opinion, hence why Y2K was a big deal and global discussions ended the way they did/computer program was written the way it was.

5 hours ago, Tropez said:

Since there is no Year 0 decades and centuries start after the 0. Since the 90s actually ended in 2001 and the 00s in 2011. 

Year 0 is 1 BC in ISO 8601, sis. For your theory to work, the BC calendar would have had to have had a definitive end, which it didn't.

Kelly has 4 as well

1. A Moment Like This #1
  2. Since U Been Gone #2
  3. My Life Would Suck Without You #1
  4. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) #1

2 hours ago, Tropez said:

Thanks. I didn't know we had a year 0. It's great throwing logic out the window to rush to make a reply. 

:rip: Because not having a year 0 makes a difference? You're missing the whole point. 

12 hours ago, Shady said:

The new millennium started on Jan 1st, 2001 so I think some of the songs by Britney and Xtina didn't make the cut.

But congrats to everyone I guess :clap3:

Britney wouldn't be affected.

What kind of flawless top 3 :clap3: 

Beyoncé :clap3:

41 minutes ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Kelly has 4 as well

1. A Moment Like This #1
  2. Since U Been Gone #2
  3. My Life Would Suck Without You #1
  4. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) #1

Added 

Just now, TattooedDreams said:

Added 

great thread btw :) celebrate female talent!!

53 minutes ago, Eternium said:

No, he's not. People get confused by the "there's no year 0" theory and assume that BC had a distinct end. Millenniums are a man-made distinction and go by popular opinion, hence why Y2K was a big deal and global discussions ended the way they did/computer program was written the way it was.

Year 0 is 1 BC in ISO 8601, sis. For your theory to work, the BC calendar would have had to have had a definitive end, which it didn't.

I'm not eve on talking about ISO. In sure they didn't even know what that was when they created the calander used today. ISO is recent. Our time is simply based on the birth of Christ, there is no year 0 and there never has been a year 0. 

And we are talking about the Christian time which is the main time used in the world. After 1 BC there was 1 AD to signify the year of Christ. There was no 0 because that literally makes no sense. 

One Nation

Rih & Bey :clap3:

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

I'm not eve on talking about ISO. In sure they didn't even know what that was when they created the calander used today. ISO is recent. Our time is simply based on the birth of Christ, there is no year 0 and there never has been a year 0. 

And we are talking about the Christian time which is the main time used in the world. After 1 BC there was 1 AD to signify the year of Christ. There was no 0 because that literally makes no sense. 

Right, but you're assuming time starts with AD. It doesn't. BC existed prior and for your theory to work, the timeframe covered by BC would have to end with the last three digits being "001." The chances of that are almost impossible. An arbitrarily chosen start and end for millenniums that doesn't rely on "but AD starts with ___" makes more sense because you can't apply that mentality to BC to actually see where these millenniums started.

And there was no "0" because zero wasn't invented yet. How would a year zero not make sense when it was supposed to be the year Jesus was born and He, Himself, was 0?

It's all completely arbitrary and is solely distinguished by the opinions of the people. Popular opinion changed "anno Diocletiani" to "anno Domini" so idk why you think over 17 years after Y2K we're just going to change it back against the public's wishes for the sake of an ATRL thread.

OT: In the real world, the distinction for the new millennium starts January 1st, 2000. Fix it, OP.

Beyoncé :clap3::clap3:

I thought Gagaga had more :'(

Taylor WINNING with her solo hits. White excellence :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.