TOTC early look: 11th week for EOM

DONTYELLATME

10 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Um, WDTAB is literally rising week to week, ever since it was released. In two weeks it will top the Hot 100.

It also has weak points and there's no guarantee it will top the chart. I don't think radio is playing it

7 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Have you forgotten Xmas season happened? Lol

Xmas happens every year and regular songs drop during that time

5 minutes ago, Ribs said:

#1 song on Spotify Global is pulling only 4M streams for awhile now. It is getting weird. 

People are listening to albums or focusing on older songs maybe ? If Lost by Frank Ocean gets a big surge that could do numbers :deadbanana4:

I was reading an article yesterday saying that old songs' share of revenue keeps growing and new songs revenue shrinking. It said something about Top 200 most played songs on Spotify accounted for 10% of marketshare a few years ago and now they only account for 5%. Which is a good thing I guess... but we still need big hits

5 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

I am confused as to why you would think there's no competition when SMASH hits like "drivers license" had around the same streams on it's 14th week on the charts.  EOM is performing naturally just like any other #1 hit. 

Here's a full list to check by yourself and see that EOM is performing like a normal smash hit on it's 10th week.

Yea, but you see when most of those songs drop below a certain threshold they get replaced by another hit. EOM is just riding the wave below that threshold for a while now. Like if it was released during Butter's run it would have gotten only 1 week at #1. Same if it was released during Drivers Licence run. Don't get me wrong it's a huge hit and already a classic. Just not your regular 10+ weeks at #1 monster hit. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• PopFan1996

• abrahamjmr

• Brando

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

I was reading an article yesterday saying that old songs' share of revenue keeps growing and new songs revenue shrinking. It said something about Top 200 most played songs on Spotify accounted for 10% of marketshare a few years ago and now they only account for 5%. Which is a good thing I guess... but we still need big hits

Album artists won ? 

mwwdnqq.gif 

11 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

And how many of them were #1 during the Xmas season, since Mariah's AIWFCIY and other songs started to rule the ENTIRE top 10 streaming chart?

Okay, let's cancel Christmas and pretend it doesn't exist and remove every single Christmas song from the chart.

That brings Adele up to...6 weeks Streaming + 2 weeks sales (8). One whole more week. I Hate You debuted above her, then Gayle pushed past her, on streaming.

That actually does not make a big difference. Your counterarguments have not considered actual stats despite their noise level. 

Edited by fridayteenage

6 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Okay, let's cancel Christmas and pretend it doesn't exist and remove every single Christmas song from the chart.

That brings Adele up to...6 weeks Streaming + 2 weeks sales (8). One whole more week. I Hate You debuted above her, then Gayle pushed past her, on streaming.

That actually does not make a big difference despite your huge letters and use of the caps lock. But thank you for your consideration.

So without Xmas, it was 6/10 weeks #1 on streaming and additional 2 weeks at #2? You are really trying to drag a song that spent 8/10 weeks at #1  in the top 2 on Streaming? :ahh:

Give it up deelish, it's not gonna happen. EOM is actually on par with drivers license's streams in it's 15th week, it's in no way shape or form a WEAK #1 as you are trying it out to be.

Edited by Hot Volcano

8 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

So without Xmas, it was 6/10 weeks #1 on streaming and additional 2 weeks at #2? You are really trying to drag a song that spent 8/10 weeks at #1  in the top 2 on Streaming? :ahh:

Give it up deelish, it's not gonna happen. EOM is actually on par with drivers license's streams in it's 15th week, it's in no way shape or form a WEAK #1 as you are trying it out to be.

Streaming was in it's peak back then when most of those #1s you listed spent 10+ weeks at #1. Look at the streaming chart right now. But hey let's again ignore all the relevant facts and go with our own narrative to try yet again to bring down The Music Industry :dies:

:clap3:

Not the swifties collectively CRYING in the thread as soon as it got posted :rip:

What a SMASH! The biggest ballad of 2021 did THAT:clap3:

I'm laughing about swifties saying EOM has had no competition when huge mainstream artists like Taylor, The Weeknd, Post Malone, Doja, Ariana, Gunna and others have all released projects while the song has been out... We all know Adele's only competition is herself and no one can compare to her but thanks for confirming!

24 minutes ago, Brando said:

Drivers Licence run. Don't get me wrong it's a huge hit and already a classic. Just not your regular 10+ weeks at #1 monster hit. 

So who's gonna be the one to tell you that the song is having better holds than DL for awhile and doing more points than Olivia was doing at the same point? :coffee2:

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

So who's gonna be the one to tell you that the song is having better holds than DL for awhile and doing more points than Olivia was doing at the same point? :coffee2:

was Olivia #1 at the same point? 

12 minutes ago, Brando said:

was Olivia #1 at the same point? 

Nah. DL spent it's first 8 weeks at #1, this is EOM's 15th week.

Streaming Songs Chart (without Xmas)

Week 1 : #1

Week 2 : #1

Week 3 : #1

Week 4 : #1

Week 5 : #2 (Taylor releases ATW)

Week 6 : #1
Week 7 : #1

Week 8 : #2

Week 9 : #2

Week 10 : #3

Week 11 : #4
Week 12 : #4

Week 13 : #5

Week 14 : #16 (The Weeknd/Gunna album bombs)

Week 15 : #9

And some people are really trying to paint this song as a "weak" streaming hit :ahh:

Not some people trying to come for drivers license when radio dropped it like a rock after two months causing its points to increase quickly. deja vu spent longer on the hot 100 :deadbanana: #44 on Global Spotify and over 1.2B streams a year later. 

9 minutes ago, FAN said:

Not some people trying to come for drivers license when radio dropped it like a rock after two months causing its points to increase quickly. deja vu spent longer on the hot 100 :deadbanana: #44 on Global Spotify and over 1.2B streams a year later. 

Nobody came for DL. Everybody is literally saying EOM is doing on par with DL WHICH IS A MONSTER HIT. Stop switching the narrative 

15 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Nah. DL spent it's first 8 weeks at #1, this is EOM's 15th week.

Streaming Songs Chart (without Xmas)

Week 1 : #1

Week 2 : #1

Week 3 : #1

Week 4 : #1

Week 5 : #2 (Taylor releases ATW)

Week 6 : #1
Week 7 : #1

Week 8 : #2

Week 9 : #2

Week 10 : #3

Week 11 : #4
Week 12 : #4

Week 13 : #5

Week 14 : #16 (The Weeknd/Gunna album bombs)

Week 15 : #9

And some people are really trying to paint this song as a "weak" streaming hit :ahh:

you completely missed my point. DL was a huge hit, but it wasn't #1 at this point in its chart run. Other songs replaced it. EOM would have been replaced too if it wasn't for the lack of competition. I'd say both songs are on par with each other. But one is 8 weeks at #1 hit and the other is ~12 weeks at #1. 

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

it's a radio event.

No. 1 on the Radio Songs chart; 7 on Digital Song Sales, 9 on Streaming Songs.

Average rank is 6th. Better than last week, average 7th.

lemme know when a taylor song stays at #1 for more than one week again. :heart:

18 minutes ago, Brando said:

you completely missed my point. DL was a huge hit, but it wasn't #1 at this point in its chart run. Other songs replaced it. EOM would have been replaced too if it wasn't for the lack of competition. I'd say both songs are on par with each other. But one is 8 weeks at #1 hit and the other is ~12 weeks at #1. 

And my grandma would’ve been a bike if she had wheels.

31 minutes ago, FAN said:

Actually I was specifically talking about the streaming performance without even counting radio. On their respective 15th week, EOM was doing slightly better. 14M vs 13M :deadbanana2: And no one was coming for DL, it's truly a huge smash and EOM being a smash as well doesn't change it lol 

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Interesting, the song feels so like non eventful

right  :toofunny2:  although nothing seems eventful rn except WDTAB

Luck has always been a part of the charts and always will be. :michael: 

It’s not Adele’s fault no other songs have gotten big enough points yet to dethrone her. Doesn’t change that EOM has had massive success on all metrics.

QueenofCopyPaste

Longest female #1 since We Belong Together

THAT IS HUGE.

No one's even talking about "Oh My God". It's so going to be buried by "Easy On Me", and not get a chance to smash on its own.

Congrats to Adele on her multi-week, double-digit SMASH! And of course, Brando is in here and discrediting Adele ALL DAY as usual.

get-a-job-hoe.gif

Oh, fridaynighteenage or whatever. You, too.

Where is "All Too Well" this week? "Message in a Bottle"? On streaming? On radio? 

EOM will actually passes 1b this year, and there is no doubt that this is a huge hit in streaming alone. EOM just won in every metric, with some metric stronger than the others. But a certain second artist doesn’t have this kind of success for many years running, so stay pressed and mad and running, I’m quiet enjoy you guys struggling.

im confused why no one else is releasing songs rn. Where is Bey? Harry? not even gonna mention Rihanna but damn rn would be a great time to drop a lead and get an easy multi-week number one :deadbanana4: Adele just gonna keep raising some blood pressures in here if not 

The way people thought it would be a cute 2 or 3 week #1 and it's going to be her longest #1 ever :deadbanana:

Still top 10 in ALL metrics, not every #1 (esp. the one week ones) has that :fan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.