Encanto to debut album bomb, Bruno #9; Surface Pressure #16

DesiredConsternation

Idk how people can say the songs were cringey or "just cute". As soon as I finished watching the movie in theaters, my main opinion of the movie was how good the songs were and that they were the highlight of the movie. "Drip, drip, drip" in Surface Pressure is incredibly catchy 

26. Oh My God

THE NEXT NUMBER ONE SONG

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:

26. Oh My God

THE NEXT NUMBER ONE SONG

the way it could got top 15 once the video drops

All Encanto songs are amazing so this is expected

I love when talent WINS

:clap3:

But we need Dos Origuitas to chart because that song is a MASTERPIECE

Spanish speakers in the US need to come through! 

:jonnycat:

JustLikeHoney
On 1/9/2022 at 6:56 AM, johnzy13 said:

Disney+ really changed this from a Moana to a Frozen. 

Funny you should say that because Moana consistently performs better than Frozen and has the bigger sound track on Spotify.

Look at the chart below. Lin Manuel Miranda doesn't have that obvious Disney sound but he knows music so well that he is changing that sound modernizing it and bringing something the GP loves. 

On 5/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Broken said:

UPDATE:

juajfsqwtw881.jpg

I———

The gap :deadbanana:

Queen Moana has been dominating the streaming charts for YEARS.

‐---‐----------------------------------------

Is Moana already a classic?

Streaming charts:

Moana has been in the top 10 for MONTHS :deadbanana2:. It was the SECOND (!!!) most streamed movie of 2020 in the US, behind Frozen 2.

US (Nielsen): Moana (2016) and Raya and the Last Dragon (2021) are the only Disney movies in the chart. Moana is currently outstreaming Raya.

Worldwide (FlixPatrol): Moana is currently the most streamed movie on Disney Plus. #1 in every country :deadbanana:, except Japan and Netherlands.

Soundtrack: 2.5B on Spotify

It's the 5th most streamed soundtrack of all time, behing ASIB, Greatest Showman, Spider-Verse and Black Panther.

It's still getting 1.2M daily streams.

A1JOaV3B6fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

tumblr_oiz8ohzJru1w1b2wno2_540.gifv

be3331269a8732f95fe61bc51e33207d.gif

tumblr_oliwjhPRYQ1r9dm6no2_540.gifv

900M+ views:

840M+ views:

Edited by JustLikeHoney

This may be a sign that tastes are so fragmented now that if something takes off with kids/parents it will be enough to make a large splash on the charts. I really find it hard to believe this song is insanely popular with teenagers and young adults the way most smash hits usually are.

I was thinking about this the other day, how in the digital era the #1 song could be selling 400k units per week and the #200 song would be selling like 10k units, but now in the streaming era the #1 song can be doing 1M streams a day will be doing 200k streams, they are way way closer. Music monoculture is dead.

15 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This may be a sign that tastes are so fragmented now that if something takes off with kids/parents it will be enough to make a large splash on the charts. I really find it hard to believe this song is insanely popular with teenagers and young adults the way most smash hits usually are.

well believe it sis

3 hours ago, Protocol said:

I was thinking about this the other day, how in the digital era the #1 song could be selling 400k units per week and the #200 song would be selling like 10k units, but now in the streaming era the #1 song can be doing 1M streams a day will be doing 200k streams, they are way way closer. Music monoculture is dead.

#1 song Spotify, #2 trending on youtube, #2 in itunes, etc. believe it sis. It’s insanely popular in anglo countries. Hope it takes off on the rest of the world

6 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Funny you should say that because Moana consistently performs better than Frozen and has the bigger sound track on Spotify.

Look at the chart below. Lin Manuel Miranda doesn't have that obvious Disney sound but he knows music so well that he is changing that sound modernizing it and bringing something the GP loves. 

Yeah Moana is massive. You’re welcome is also up to 1.1B in youtube now. That’s like 300M views in 8 months, more than what the pop girls are doing :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.