Italy increases its certification thresholds, debut bundles

Riot

Starting from 2022, the Italian charts will have new certification thresholds for singles:

• Gold certifications will start at 50,000 units sold (increased from the 35,000 units needed before);
  • Platinum certifications will start at 100,000 units sold (increased from the 70,000 units needed before);
  • Diamond certifications will start at 1,000,000 units sold (increased from the 700,000 units needed before).

The certifications thresholds for albums and compilations will remain the same (25,000 for Gold; 50,000 for Platinum; 500,000 for Diamond).

FIMI (Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana) will include bundle sales for the Album and Singles charts. To be counted as an album sale, a concert ticket which includes an album must have a 20% higher cost than a normal concert ticket without the bundle. The same rules will apply to merchandising with bundles.

Source

Are you happy with these changes? Which popgirl will benefit with these new rules?

PoliteAlarmingCassowary-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Riot

10 minutes ago, Riot said:

To be counted as an album sale, a concert ticket which includes an album must have a 20% higher cost than a normal concert ticket without the bundle.

who the hell will pay 20% more?

3 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

BTS stans

7 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

this will probably benefit smaller artists who sell tickets for €30 

Trying to sabotage Måneskin from snatching Diamond for Beggin' earlier

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg 

3 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

this will probably benefit smaller artists who sell tickets for €30 

right, in that case €6 for a CD is a great deal

I know who won't benefit for this: italian pop girls, who will probably never see a certification again cause our industry is shamelessly male oriented :biblio:

18 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

I know who won't benefit for this: italian pop girls, who will probably never see a certification again cause our industry is shamelessly male oriented :biblio:

Is Guisy Fererri's wig safe? 

Most of international pop girls can barely scrap gold here, so yeah, it will be even harder now :santa:

Alessandra Amoroso is coming for those bundles with her upcoming stadium tour, QUEEN :jonny5:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

Most of international pop girls can barely scrap gold here, so yeah, it will be even harder now :santa:

Our streaming market is still growing pretty fast, in less than a year it'll be as easy as it is now to go Gold with a single! Certifications aren't meant to be too easy to achieve or else they'll become worthless, imo. I'm not saying Korea-level hard to achieve, but also not 50+ per week.

Trying to sabotage Ava after her multiple platinum singles fuck you fimi

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

29 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

The charts are already misogynistic, now women are doomed for good. :emofish:

4 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Alessandra Amoroso is coming for those bundles with her upcoming stadium tour, QUEEN :jonny5:

Una strada per l’allegria and AleAleAle next singles coming for diamond :jonny5:

Also no idea why they keep the Diamond certification when no one has come remotely close to reaching it since they stopped counting free streams in 2018 :dies: serving digital era US singles

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Also no idea why they keep the Diamond certification when no one has come remotely close to reaching it since they stopped counting free streams in 2018 :dies: serving digital era US singles

"Mi fai impazzire" got a 6x Platinum certification in 5 months, but now I think that it isn't going to reach Diamond anytime soon :deadbanana2:

30 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Is Guisy Fererri's wig safe? 

I mean her solo stuff is probably doomed but she's the queen of collabs and summer singles so she can still smash with the right single

6 minutes ago, BOAZ said:

I mean her solo stuff is probably doomed but she's the queen of collabs and summer singles so she can still smash with the right single

We need another Roma-Bangkok tbh 

44 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Our streaming market is still growing pretty fast, in less than a year it'll be as easy as it is now to go Gold with a single! Certifications aren't meant to be too easy to achieve or else they'll become worthless, imo. I'm not saying Korea-level hard to achieve, but also not 50+ per week.

Yeah of course!

39 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Mte :dies: 

100k units seems like a high threshold for their current music market tbh. Good thing Prisoner got it's plat certification before this. :santa:

2 hours ago, ariananext said:

Well Dua certificates everything she releases and Camila just achieved a platinum solo single, they'll take longer now obviously but they'll be fine

Italian pop girls meanwhile:deadbanana2:

Edited by Ohyes

15 minutes ago, Ohyes said:

Well Dua certificates everything she releases and Camila just achieved a platinum solo single, they'll take longer now obviously but they'll be fine

Italian pop girls meanwhile:deadbanana2:

Don't Go Yet did good here though, and Dua is the it girl rn, I'm talking about the ones who aren't that big in Italy to begin with!

2 hours ago, Riot said:

"Mi fai impazzire" got a 6x Platinum certification in 5 months, but now I think that it isn't going to reach Diamond anytime soon :deadbanana2:

Well, it's still going strong so there's still a small chance.

Touring bundles huh? Perched for my faves to get some diamond albums :gaycat3:

Poor Giorgia, she used to get every single certificated.

l2G0gtZ.gif

Laura Screamini can't releate. She never sold singles to being with :coffee:

3 hours ago, BOAZ said:

There will be blood this summer. 

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.