Brando's Top 20 Songs of the Year

Brando

I don't really have time to do gradual reveals, so I'm just gonna post my list outright, sorry y'all xx

My Top 20 Favourite Songs of the Year

20. JonoJono - Wavy

19. Mitski - The Only Heartbreaker 

18. Leslie Odom Jr - Speak Now

17. Arooj Aftab - Diya Hai

16. Zemfira - Жди меня

15. Rauw Alejandro - Todo De Ti

14. CHVRCHES - How Not To Drown

13. Cardi B - UP

12. Kacey Musgraves - Simple Times 

11. Wizkid - Essence 

Snoh_Aalegra_-_Temporary_Highs_in_the_Violet_Skies.png   10. Snoh Aalegra - Lost You

Serving a straight up R&B song from the 90s, but only at about 1/3 of the length lol

Adele_-_30.png   9. Adele - To Be Loved 

A classic Adele. Super emotional and eardrum piercing. 

I_Don't_Live_Here_Anymore_(The_War_on_Drugs).png   8. The War on Drugs - I Don't Wanna Wait

A great classic rock song. Not much else to add here 

95ef7531fdc65a7378ccdba481acba59.1000x1000x1.jpg   7. Gallant - Relapse 

Such a beautiful and gentle song. And that outro has to be the best outro of the year. 

Billie_Eilish_-_Happier_Than_Ever.png   6. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Whew, Billie murdered with this one. Starts slowly, gently picking up in tempo, and leading to that explosive second part!

Back_Of_My_Mind_By_H.E.R.png   5. H.E.R. - Damage

Apparently when she's not too busy being an industry plant she makes good music too. 

SZA_-_Good_Days.png   4. SZA - Good Days

Such a nostalgic sounding song. So much reserved emotion in her voice. And the instrumental is simply brilliant

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Chemtrails_over_the_Country_Club.png   3. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Lana released a plethora of outstanding tracks this year (more than anyone else by far!), but this particular one stood out the most to me. It was the soundtrack to my summer. So breezy, gentle and cinematic. And the lyrics.. no one is doing it like her at the moment. 

TheMelodicBlueCover.jpeg   2. Baby Keem & Kendrick Lamar - Family Ties

I'm in love with this guy's flow and tone. In the sea of faceless mumble & autotune rappers he really stands out. His part is captivating and then Kendrick drops in like an alien lord to remind us who's the King. Their chemistry is amazing and the song is fire.

Taylor_Swift_-_Evermore.png   1. Taylor Swift - Tis The Damn Season

This is such a perfect winter song. There's a chill in every chord. The delivery is so detached and hopeless. Tis the damn season proclaims Taylor, but it doesn't even smell like Christmas. Oh..and the melodies.. the melodies... and that bridge!! Such a beautiful and instantly nostalgic song. Another career highlight that never got the chance to shine

Snoh, Billie, HER, and Taylor! :johnald:

Cool list. Although several I preferred other songs on those albums. Surprised you have Gallant, don't see him discussed on here much. 

16 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Cool list. Although several I preferred other songs on those albums. Surprised you have Gallant, don't see him discussed on here much. 

Name them :eddie:

The Only Heartbreaker :clap3: she always come thru with her pop bops

HTE, Chemtrails and Good Days :alexz2:

omg, Zemfira , I was a bit disappointed with Borderline, but she did some great songs on it , Абъюз is fun too :-*

4 hours ago, Brando said:

9. Adele - To Be Loved 

Sends chills down my spine.

what a great list :eek: 

the only heartbreaker is a JAM

how not to drown :jonny: 

up, simple times, to be loved, good days :clap3: 

i don't wanna wait is the best one on the album! glad to see it featured

happier than ever :WAP: nothing more needs to be said

TIS THE DAMN SEASON AHHHH STAN A BIT! 

16 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

omg, Zemfira , I was a bit disappointed with Borderline, but she did some great songs on it , Абъюз is fun too :-*

oh wow. didn't expect anyone to pick on that one. ye.. the album was a bit meh... i only like 2 or 3 songs

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

oh wow. didn't expect anyone to pick on that one. ye.. the album was a bit meh... i only like 2 or 3 songs

I used to be a stan of her before this album came out, I feel like she lost her touch tbh :rip:  I was pretty disappointing after 8 years of waiting

32 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I used to be a stan of her before this album came out, I feel like she lost her touch tbh :rip:  I was pretty disappointing after 8 years of waiting

i pretty much only listen to her circa 2000s stuff anyway.. those song never stop hitting hard. even get better with age

Very solid picks actually, especially How Not To Drown, Good Days, The Only Heartbreaker and To Be Loved

Chemtrails is cute. simple times + To Be Loved :heart: How Not to Drown and Happier Than Ever, yuuup definitely some strong 2021 singles right there. 'tis the damn season #1 :eek: Very nice choice, one of my evermore favorites!

On 12/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Very solid picks actually, especially How Not To Drown, Good Days, The Only Heartbreaker and To Be Loved

On 12/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, Remmy said:

Chemtrails is cute. simple times + To Be Loved :heart: How Not to Drown and Happier Than Ever, yuuup definitely some strong 2021 singles right there. 'tis the damn season #1 :eek: Very nice choice, one of my evermore favorites!

thx :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.