HDD: "I'm the One" breaks Apple Music streaming record

alexis

“I’m the One” has broken Kendrick Lamar’s recently set Apple Music streaming record and is accumulating a boatload of Benjamins. It isn’t often that a single generates more than $300k in a week, but then, it’s not every week that a record comes along with the massive star power of Lil Wayne, Migos Quavo, Chance the Rapper and Justin Bieber—whose involvement brings Def Jam a chunk of the windfall. Bieber’s remix of Luis Fonsi’s #3 “Despacito” bears further witness to JB’s post-comeback clout. x

:clap3: 

Chance & Wayne are the best bits of the song.

Just now, jomarr said:

:clap3: 

Chance & Wayne are the best bits of the song.

wayne ruins the song. glad his bit is cut out of the radio version :biblio:

8 minutes ago, alexis said:

wayne ruins the song. glad his bit is cut out of the radio version :biblio:

:biblio:

Impressive, and somewhat surprising tbh. Would be cautious about attributing it entirely to Justin, though (seeing as AM's audience skews even more urban than Spotify's– remember, Coloring Book was a huge AM exclusive). 

Hmmm I'm The One is currently #2 on AM and has been #2 for a while behind Humble :katie:  

7 minutes ago, Superpower said:

Hmmm I'm The One is currently #2 on AM and has been #2 for a while behind Humble :katie:  

I think they mean globally 

• ATRL Moderator

Well four urban artists + Justin Bieber will do that

peterstyles13

Apple Music really need to start revealing the actual streaming stats. A lot of people stick to Spotify because they like to know how much streams the songs are getting.

Anyways, congrats to everyone who helped produced I'm The One :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.