Kiss It Better's Best of 2021

Kiss It Better

Welcome to the Kiss It Better's Best of 2021

i'll make it simpler for this year so there are more albums, songs, artists and videos mentioned also because surprisingly i listened to almost 100 brand new albums in total this year (excluding re-releases, deluxe versions or taylor's versions)

Stay Tuned.

Kiss It Better

previous years:

2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016

Best of Decade

Edited by Kiss It Better

:duca:

Cannot wait. 

Perched :duck: 

80 albums?    I havent even heard half of that 

Honestly i peached for VOTY since i rarely watch MV these days except for K-pop nn

ezgif-3-5a352d94163e.thumb.gif.e75af7315

11 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

i'll make it simpler for this year so there are more albums, songs, artists and videos mentioned also because surprisingly i listened to almost 100 brand new albums in total this year (excluding re-releases, deluxe versions or taylor's versions)

:lmao: love it :gayrrycat1:

Great banner. Really sober design.

Ready for another great ceremony from ya :celestial4: Whew @ 40 videos, I don't know why but I barely watched any in 2021 & I'm possibly getting rid of my Best Music Video category this time around :rip:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, Sempiternal said:

:duca:

:heart2:

On 12/10/2021 at 4:38 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Another big  list whew yall have patience and time

it'll be a quick one without comments and such (except for few selected ones)

On 12/10/2021 at 7:51 PM, Moonlightbae said:

Ready for taste to be served :clap3:

On 12/10/2021 at 8:52 PM, JGibson said:

Cannot wait. 

On 12/10/2021 at 9:58 PM, Lazuli said:

loving the banner aesthetic already :heart2: 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, Pink Matter said:

Perched :duck: 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, Insanity said:

80 albums?    I havent even heard half of that 

EPs are included so yeah

On 12/10/2021 at 11:33 PM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Honestly i peached for VOTY since i rarely watch MV these days except for K-pop nn

i just watch everything the day it got released nnnn at over 100 videos most of them are underwhelming though 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, dangerousalex said:

i'm ready for Bloody Waters to snatch SOTY

a banger :jamming:

On 12/11/2021 at 1:17 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

:lmao: love it :gayrrycat1:

i was considering to include TVs (considering the new tracks only) but it would still be biased

On 12/11/2021 at 1:36 AM, Sunderland 4ever said:

Great banner. Really sober design.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:17 AM, Remmy said:

Ready for another great ceremony from ya :celestial4: Whew @ 40 videos, I don't know why but I barely watched any in 2021 & I'm possibly getting rid of my Best Music Video category this time around :rip:

i looked it up and turns out i watched over 100 music videos (literally everything released probably) most of them aren't as great as previous years but i'd love to give them a mention

On 12/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, MP2K said:

let's go :duca:

:keir:

On 12/13/2021 at 3:43 AM, kiiwii said:

yas at 80 albums. there's sure to be some great ones :party: 

the lower half are kinda just there but i want to give them a mention 

On 12/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, rvx said:

Nice intro

On 12/13/2021 at 8:35 PM, Tinashegrande6 said:

Perched for H.E.R. and Tinashe :clap3:

a sweep incoming :fan:

artistof2021

Spoiler

Top 10 Artists of the Year - 2021

1.      Mac Ayres: THE ARTIST OF THE YEAR. He basically OWNED this year for me, releasing the BEST body of work on top of the year, it just started the year right for me. The songs never get old, I always play his discography at least once a month, the 2021 album “Magic 8Ball” is on heavy rotation every single week making it my 4th (FOURTH!!!) most played album of ALL TIME with just 8 (EIGHT!!!) tracks, 2 of which are already on top 5 of my most played songs of all time. He swept the entire top 8 of my most played songs of 2021 for most of the year until recently few songs got passed by my second artist of the year. He’s really the GOAT.

2.      H.E.R.: FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR. Another year of being in the top 3 for the 3rd year, what’s new?:fan: She’s becoming my new “Rihanna” in terms of my go-to listening or my comfort artist (along with Mac Ayres). With the REAL debut album finally coming out she's getting played back to back with Mac Ayres, songs like Damage, For Anyone and Closer to Me are just... *chef's kiss* 

3.      Duckwrth: His 2020 album “SuperGood” was been growing on me in the beginning of the year, then he released a banger “Birthday Suit” and an EP “SG8*” (read: SuperGood Infinity) featuring a sexy slow jam “make u go”, the EP wasn’t as good as SuperGood but it was great though the lyrics in a few songs is kinda turning me off

4.      Adele: I KNOW she’s just back for less than 3 months but she basically made my year, going back through her catalog was a *moment* and 30 was a great album as well.

5.      Billie Eilish: The singles choice this era was… a choice but the music has been pretty good nonetheless, though she wishes she could top WWAFAWDWG

6.      Tinashe: same with Billie, 333 didn’t outdo Songs For You for me, in fact out of her 5 studio albums it’s in my bottom 2 but she still gave us several bops like Let Me Down Slowly, Love Line, Disco Pantz, Bouncin and several stunning music videos.

7.      Nao: the first song she released this year (Antidote) wasn’t doing it for me BUT everything changed with the Messy Leak of Messy Love on Spotify, her new album “And Then Life Was Beautiful” was beautiful and I feel like I haven’t played it enough.

8.      Doja Cat: she was the #1 mainstream artist of 2021, having hits back to back from Streets in the beginning of the year to recently Woman, not only the music she also was SERVING the visuals, every music videos she put out this year was top notch and there are more to come.

9.      Alex Isley: Barely any new music from her but I’ve had the “Wilton” EP (2019) and her 2020 singles on heavy rotation, plus the Lucky Daye remix of “Good & Plenty” was really nice, she also released a new single “Still Wonder” recently and did some collaborations with Moonchild (a band that I love, their new album is out in February) and Butcher Brown. Looking forward for another body of work with Jack Dine, it’s magical...

10.   Dua Lipa: Honestly the Moonlight edition of Future Nostalgia was a disappointment because I expected more new tracks but that wasn’t bad at all because it gave the album a second wind for me, and then she gave like 2 other new tracks (Cold Heart and Can They Hear Us) which are nice, still hoping for songs like Ball & Chain, Jealousy, Cherry and Firestarter to get an official release though, maybe for “Future Nostalgia: The Complete Edition” :keir:

VOTYs

VOTY

Spoiler

TOP 50 VIDEOS OF THE YEAR - 2021

1.      Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

2.      Doja Cat - Need to Know

3.      Doja Cat - Streets

4.      Billie Eilish - NDA

5.      Doja Cat - Woman

6.      Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

7.      H.E.R. - For Anyone

8.      Doja Cat & SZA - Kiss Me More

9.      Tinashe - Bouncin

10.   Lucky Daye - Over

11.   Bryson Tiller - Sorrows

12.   Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

13.   Taylor Swift - All Too Well

14.   Shift K3Y & Tinashe - Love Line

15.   Snoh Aalegra & Tyler The Creator - Neon Peach

16.   Big Sean - Chaos

17.   Doja Cat & The Weeknd - You Right

18.   Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour

19.   Olivia Rodrigo - good 4 u

20.   Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

21.   Cardi B - Up

22.   BAYNK & Tinashe - Esther

23.   Nao - Wait

24.   Duckwrth - Kiss U Right Now

25.   Megan Thee Stallion - Cry Baby

26.   Tyler the Creator - Lumberjack

27.   Goldlink - Raindrops

28.   Lil Nas X - Sun Goes Down

29.   The Weeknd - Take My Breath

30.   Halsey - i'm not a woman i'm a god

31.   BANKS - The Devil

32.   Syd - Fast Car

33.   Iggy Azalea - I Am The Stripclub

34.   Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu

35.   Billie Eilish - Lost Cause

36.   Finneas - The 90s

37.   Olivia Rodrigo - brutal

38.   Azealia Banks - Miss Camaraderie

39.   Roddy Ricch - Late at Night

40.   Kali Uchis - telepatía

41.   Lorde - Mood Ring

42.   Victoria Monet – Coastin’

43.   Adele - Easy On Me

44.   Silk Sonic - Smokin Out the Window

45.   Babyface Ray & Big Sean - It Ain't My Fault

46.   Nao - Messy Love

47.   Lisa - LALISA

48.   Tinashe - Pasadena

49.   Martin Garrix & Tove Lo - Pressure

50.   Jessie Ware - Remember Where You Are

p.s. i tried making it center but it doesn't work bye :gaycat6:

Edited by Kiss It Better

NDA + good 4 u + deja vu + brutal + All Too Well + Happier Than Ever + I'm not a woman, I'm a God + Lost Cause + Mood Ring + Smokin Out The Window + Easy On Me :clap3:

Need to know + streets + women + kiss me more + im not a women im God + brutal + mòod ring :clap3:

so much good stuff wow

adele, billie, doja and dua :clap3: 

doja completely dominating the videos list :deadbanana: can't say it's not deserved tho! 

i see you putting ATW at #13 :eli: 

Doja slaying videos list :jonny5: Streets was kinda my favorite video from her this year :alexz: 

NDA :alexz: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.