REM-EMBERING 2021 ⭐

Remmy

You're right I kinda slept on the fact you're a Gaga stan... :gaycat4: But moving on!

If we kicked out Lorde and girl in red albums this would be a pretty correct list (tho 30 deserved better!). Surprised to see Jack's album too but I guess you really love him if both TTSOOSN and SP got a pass :gaycat2:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

• Legend E

• Alldeezy

REPLIES:

Spoiler
On 12/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, Achilles. said:

Halsey’s album is so fucking amazing and underrated. :sad:

I can agree that it was underrated :katie: but it's not too surprising since a lot of the music isn't commercial or radio-friendly.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

OMG why? That's my favorite. :jonny2:

I think the little glitchy parts come up too often and get old after a while, that's pretty much it.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

I haven't been much into featured tracks, but this one is a stand-out. Another late ATRL discovery. :laugh:

Well at least it only came out in late October so you weren't too tardy :lakitu:

On 12/20/2021 at 5:42 PM, TalkThatRihanna said:

Now what is Solar Power doing that high :deadbanana2:

#20 is a good spot with it and you will all DEAL!!! :nicole:

On 12/20/2021 at 6:16 PM, dreamofyou said:

halley's comet as bottom 3 for HTE however...

also solar power's bottom 3... you're breaking my heart:monkey:

I always forget what it sounds like hehe

Well if I included the 2 short songs then those would be in there instead :gaycat3:

22 hours ago, kiiwii said:

how not to drown grew on me, i remember being turned off at his vocals tho nnn :rip:

new shapes + silk chiffon are cute, but i haven't re-visited them v much

apparently i've listened to voodoo voodoo by iris once, so lemme make note of ha album!

I might've felt the same way on my first listen or 2 nnn, then I quickly got over that

Silk Chiffon should be on everybody's daily rotation!!!

I feel like you might end up having similar opinions to mine but we'll see :lakitu:

21 hours ago, Legend E said:

not HTE being a disappointment when I consider it a major improvement from her previous work

Maybe lyrically idk! But overall, no way!

20 hours ago, potent said:

HTE and and MOTS sneaking in there, I liked Getting Older and Biutyful though :dancehall:

Biutyful would've been better without the altered vocals. Kinda hate when songs do that for an extended amount of time.

19 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

HTE missing top 30 :'( it's a grower for me

MOTS :clap3: some bops, but overall it's a mess :rip: 

Solar Power and 30 :clap3: it's not their best works, but some of the highlights here and there :clap3: 

A few parts grew on me but not my least favorites, and just not enough in general :sad:

True!

True!

16 hours ago, OreGuy said:

You know what, I was about to protest but I kinda agree with the bottom 3, they are either annoying (OMG, CYHT) or plain long and boring (WLM), they really dragged the album. 25 just had Sweet Devotion for that, but has the benefit of being the last song unlike these three who are in between the actual great songs. :deadbanana2:

God, that second half was sooooo boring except Mood Ring. :deadbanana2:

I spilled and you spilled :fan: but not too much on Sweet Devotion!

Right :sad: and the two short tracks being in the mix doesn't help either...

11 hours ago, Lazuli said:

what is getting older doing in your bottom 3 when it's a highlight? 

and what is oh my god doing in your bottom 3 for 30? 

why is bleachers a disappointment when their album has never hit before :fan: 

however i need to drag your bottom 3 AGAIN for having oceanic feeling there 

I've seen several people say this but I just can't relate :sad:

The chorus doesn't hit, not sure why it's the next single tbh!

Oh that's not --

Oceanic Feeling gives me bedtime feelings hehe

9 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

You're right I kinda slept on the fact you're a Gaga stan... :gaycat4: But moving on!

Surprised to see Jack's album too but I guess you really love him if both TTSOOSN and SP got a pass :gaycat2:

Don't piss me off!!! I've been a Gaga/Taylor hybrid since around 2011 yesss

I do, I do! But they are here for quality reasons not my love for Jack & his production :santa:

vo3dfIo.png

BEST ALBUMS || #15-01
NOTE: This category is ranked by the average score each release received after I rated every track that's above 2:10-ish.
NOTE 2: This year's list isn't that strong, and honestly, plenty of albums on here (even some in the top 10) would've likely

been at least 5 spots lower if they dropped during a better or more competitive year.

15. WALK THE MOON 'HEIGHTS' [[Solid]]
Trinity: 1. Someone Else's Game • 2. Heights • 3. Can You Handle My Love??

Bottom 3: 10. DNA (The Keys) • 14. My Kids • 15. Rise Up
Thoughts: WTM's 4th release fails to reach the heights of their other works of art, but there's enough standouts to keep it afloat and leave me satisfied. My bottom 3 are the 3 weakest tracks in their discography though... like what was what about?

14. Taylor Swift 'evermore' [[Solid]]
Trinity: 1. 'tis the damn season • 2. evermore • 3. no body, no crime

Bottom 3: 13. happiness • 14. cowboy like me • 15. closure
Thoughts: I know there's been a big family debate this year, and despite this album ranking higher ('folklore' was #17 last year) - this is simply the inferior sister. I don't wanna get too deep into it but 'folklore' hits harder in pretty much every way, and my bottom 2 are... a little ugly! Sorry! Wait this writeup sounds too negative it's still lovely, Taylor eats as usual!

13. Tinashe '333' [[Solid]]
Trinity: 1. X • 2. Bouncin • 3. Undo

Bottom 3: 12. 333 • 13. Angels • 14. Unconditional
Thoughts: This is lowkey like 'Songs for You' 2.0 and that's pretty much what I wanted! Tracks #6-8 don't entirely do it for me but at least it's just a little break and none of them impacted my rating too much.

12. John Mayer 'Sob Rock' [[Great]]
Trinity: 1. New Light • 2. Carry Me Away • 3. Last Train Home

Bottom 3: 8. Wild Blue • 9. All I Want Is to Be with You • 10. Why You No Love Me

Thoughts: I know as a Swiftie I'm supposed to hate John but he makes it too damn hard sometimes!! Well actually he was evil for only making this 10 tracks and including 3 singles from 2018-19... although those singles did do a bit of heavy lifting because I loved them then and still love them now. Him continuing to go in a more '80s direction has been beautiful to see and hear!

11. Remi Wolf 'Juno' [[Great]]
Trinity: 1. Sexy Villain • 2. Liquor Store • 3. Guerrilla

Bottom 3: 11. Front Tooth • 12. Quiet On Set (bc of outro) • 13. Buttermilk

Thoughts: Remi has truly been one of my favorite discoveries of the year, she puts so much personality into her music and it always ends up being so fun to listen to. If you enjoyed either of her EPs (especially the 2nd one), you should know what you're getting to and have an absolute blast. Only thing I can really critique is how the album starts and ends really nicely, but the middle is noticably weaker.

10. Luke Hemmings 'When Facing the Things We Turn Away From' [[Great]]
Trinity: 1. Starting Line • 2. Saigon • 3. Diamonds

Bottom 3: 9. Comedown • 10. Motion • 11. A Beautiful Dream
Thoughts: Since Ashton Irwin decided not to serve with 2020's 'Superbloom', it was time for Luke to step up and kill it instead! This is a great solo debut and even beats a few 5SOS albums in my book. He shows a lot of vulernability on this.

09. Sir Sly 'The Rise & Fall of Loverboy' [[Great]]
Trinity:
 1. Material Boy • 2. Welcomes the Pressure • 3. d00msday

Bottom 3: 10. sick sick [sic] • 11. Honey • 12. Citizen
Thoughts: Kinda not sure how this got to #9 but I like it! Just not as much as 'Don't You Worry, Honey' (2017). Despite a few slightly weak spots on the tracklist, it's a good time as long as you can tolerate the lead singer's sadboy delivery and lyrics.

08. twenty one pilots 'Scaled and Icy' [[Great]]
Trinity: 1. The Outside • 2. Shy Away • 3. No Chances

Bottom 3: 9. Formidable • 10. Redecorate • 11. Bounce Man
Thoughts: I feel like a lot of people have gotten tired of them in recent years but I enjoy twenty one pilots more when their album has a brighter tone (Regional at Best, Vessel, now this) and isn't soaked in darkness (Blurryface & Trench). Things lowkey start falling apart near the end of the tracklist (sans "No Chances") although those first 7 songs (plus "No Chances") are satisfying enough.

07. Fickle Friends 'Weird Years' [[Great]]
Trinity: 1. What a Time • 2. IRL • 3. Million

Bottom 3: 9. Turns Me Bad • 10. Amateurs • 11. Finish Line

Thoughts: This is just a webstore exclusive bonus album and it charted over so many official releases :lmao: Fickle Friends started off the year by releasing the 5-track EP 'Weird Years: Season 1', then dropped Season 2 months later, and then announced a completely different album would be out January 2022. :skull: While this "era" has been a total mess, this project features some of their best work thus far.

06. Pale Waves 'Who Am I?' [[Great]]
Trinity:
 1. Change • 2. You Don't Own Me • 3. Easy

Bottom 3: 9. Fall to Pieces • 10. Wish U Were Here • 11. I Just Needed You
Thoughts: Didn't realize people weren't fans of this one until Best Of started but hey, maybe I like a nostalgia cosplay every once and a while as a treat! This is less catchy than their excellent 2019 debut that is FULL of insane earworms & my bottom 3 have disappointing hooks, but 'Who Am I?' has early '00s vibes (especially Avril) that soothe my tiny Grinch heart.

vo3dfIo.png

d3c8353523b4481e24a7e0aae0b032c9.1000x1000x1.png51293ede64dafece331990941aee995e.1000x1000x1.jpg5fd109fc1571b20e5351909571e7bb08.1000x1000x1.png1880d01d3fde12d2574a378e4b2425d0.999x999x1.pngb1640d3d53e5a6725d3b40f17e633152.999x999x1.png

463b59db6f21807026c0c83854d1c145.1000x1000x1.jpg83ae73ba6849039c5e494fc20f2c766a.1000x1000x1.png41e0d1bbc838b0ea401a6e8dc81e1a11.1000x1000x1.jpg6778303130.pngShe%E2%80%99s-My-Religion-Lyrics-Pale-Waves.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

05. Taylor Swift 'Red (Taylor's Version) [From the Vault][[Amazing]]
Trinity: 1. ATW10MVTVFTV • 2. Message In a Bottle • 3. Forever Winter

Bottom 3: 7. Run • 8. The Very First Night • 9. I Bet You Think About Me
Thoughts: Honesty time... I haven't cared a ton about the rerecordings so far and I end up preferring the original track 95% of the time. :shutup: The main event for me are the vault tracks, and they were especially excellent compared to 'Fearless (TV)'. She gave us bops, heartfelt ballads, solo versions of beloved songs she gave to other artists AND the long-awaited extended version of her magnum opus... how could anyone complain?

7809d535eef0145a98d1ef1d5fbe4391.1000x1000x1.jpgb84d90b4acd28c5ddef5efc20fa1756e.jpg#b84d90b4acd28c5ddef5efc20fa1756e

04. CHVRCHES 'Screen Violence' [[Amazing]]
Trinity: 1. How Not to Drown • 2. Asking for a Friend • 3. Final Girl

Bottom 3: 8. Nightmares • 9. He Said She Said • 10. Better If You Don't
Thoughts: CHVRCHES served a short and sweet 10 tracks on this one, leaving no room for fillers and keeping plenty for some of their deadliest killers. The horror-inspired theme that flows throughout is also quite fun. Let me take this time to say ONCE AGAIN that 'Love Is Dead' (my #2 album in 2018) is truly overhated! I actually might prefer that over this by just a liiiittttleeee bit.

1309ce5ccd8cbb69c1d7e39ed0598533.1000x1000x1.jpg295c7106e7822ed3c47045a4c4398aa5.jpg#295c7106e7822ed3c47045a4c4398aa5

03. Magdalena Bay 'Mercurial World' [[Amazing]]
Trinity: 1. Chaeri • 2. Hysterical Us • 3. Dawning of the Season

Bottom 3: 10. Something for 2 • 11. Prophecy • 12. Domino
Thoughts: Got into them early last year with their stellar EP (#3 on Best EPs) and they've really done an amazing job with perfecting their sound and then putting it all on the table with this impressive debut. Mica & Matthew are so talented and kill it extra hard with the production... and even outside the album, how they present their music is just so cool to see these days. #MagBaySlay

3e2680f2877d4a5aab381e092c8d4812.1000x1000x1.jpgb50f5f8073caafcc07a2f4f55a505f66.jpg#b50f5f8073caafcc07a2f4f55a505f66

02. Nick Jonas 'Spaceman' [[Amazing]]
Trinity: 1. This Is Heaven • 2. 2Drunk • 3. Deeper Love

Bottom 3: 9. Spaceman • 10. Nervous • 11. Death Do Us Part
Thoughts: Most of y'all are gonna laugh, but a few of you will understand!! Nick knows how to serve a basic pop bop and has been doing that since his debut - it's TRUE! You're obviously not going to get anything new, unique or surprising on here but DAMN it's just smash after smash after smash. Yeah he really put his whole nicussy into this, sorry not sorry! ? Okay well, "Death Do Us Part" is not great but it's only 2 minutes long & cuts off out of nowhere so I'm counting it as an unlabeled interlude.

b267b193c213e3e3e899802adc2832e0.1000x1000x1.png1b613e6474005383cec3aeb73961a632.jpg#1b613e6474005383cec3aeb73961a632

01. Aly & AJ 'a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet

gets you out and then into the sun' [[Incredible]]
Ranking: 1. Break Yourself/Listen!!!/Paradise/Stomach idk how to rank them • 5. Symptom of Your Touch • 6. Personal Cathedrals • 7. Lost Cause • 8. Slow Dancing • 9. Pretty Places • 10. Don't Need Nothing • 11. Lucky to Get Him • 12. Hold Out
Thoughts: #1 EP in 2017/2019/2010s, #1 Single in 2019, now #1 Album in 2021... it was only a matter of time. I've said it before and I'll say it many times, their comeback 4 years ago with 'Ten Years' was a TRIUMPH and they have not failed to deliver ever since then. I've enjoyed them since the Disney days but they really took a long ass break and decided it was time to obliterate everyone in their path. 'atotbgyuoyfgyoatits' moves away from the '80s sound they had on the recent EPs but the quality is still very much present. The album title is also accurate because it DOES get me up on my feet and, even though my homebody ass is not leaving the house, it DOES make me want to get out and into the sun!!! As always, I can't wait to see what's next.

485088aa92ea270c671cbae440bc5897.1000x1000x1.jpgfe9a09b335deb3189eb3f92b8258875d.jpg#fe9a09b335deb3189eb3f92b8258875d

vo3dfIo.png

HALL OF FAME:

2011 - Lady Gaga 'Born This Way' [2nd: idk]
2012 - Adam Lambert 'Trespassing' [2nd: 'Red']
2013 - Lady Gaga 'ARTPOP' [2nd: 'Paramore']
2014 - Taylor Swift '1989' [2nd: Lea's 'Louder' i think LOL]
2015 - Ryn Weaver 'The Fool' [2nd: 'E•MO•TION']
2016 - Lady Gaga 'Joanne' kiii [2nd: 'All I Need']
2017 - Lorde 'Melodrama' [2nd: 'CollXtion II']
2018 - Troye Sivan 'Bloom' [2nd: 'Love Is Dead']
2019 - Broods 'Don't Feed the Pop Monster' [2nd: 'Heard It In a Past Life']
2010s - Lorde 'Melodrama' [2nd: '1989']
2020 - Allie X 'Cape God' [2nd: 'SAWAYAMA']
2021 - Aly & AJ 'a touch of tbe beat...' [2nd: 'Spaceman']

BEST ALBUMS LIST: FULL~

Spoiler

31. Billie Eilish 'Happier Than Ever
30. iris 'love and other disasters'
29. Coldplay 'Music of the Spheres'
28. Kings of Leon 'When You See Yourself'
27. Saint Motel 'The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack'
26. Poppy 'Flux'
25. Adele '30'
24. Lastlings 'First Contact'
23. Bleachers 'Take the Sadness Out of the Saturday Night'
22. Ashe 'Ashlyn'
21. girl in red 'if i could make it go quiet'

20. Lorde 'Solar Power'
19. Ladyhawke 'Time Flies'
18. Halsey 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power'

17. Zara Larsson 'Poster Girl'

16. Silk Sonic 'An Evening with Silk Sonic'

15. WALK THE MOON 'HEIGHTS'

14. Taylor Swift 'evermore'

13. Tinashe '333'

12. John Mayer 'Sob Rock'

11. Remi Wolf 'Juno'

10. Luke Hemmings 'When Facing the Things We Turn Away From'

09. Sir Sly 'The Rise & Fall of Loverboy'

08. twenty one pilots 'Scaled and Icy'

07. Fickle Friends 'Weird Years'

06. Pale Waves 'Who Am I?'

05. Taylor Swift 'Red (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]'

04. CHVRCHES 'Screen Violence'

03. Magdalena Bay 'Mercurial World'

02. Nick Jonas 'Spaceman'

01. Aly & AJ 'a touch of the beat gets you up

on your feet gets you out and then into the sun'

• ATRL Moderator

"incredible" :bibliahh: 

Anyways, I am shocked to see Evermore this low. Glad Red is higher, it's absolutely stunning (though I still prefer the original)

Screen Violence top 5 yas :jonny5: 

Spaceman and 333 are both cute :date:

evermore, sweetie, I am SO sorry…

Red slayed though. :clap3:

I LOVE the song Starting Line, but I found the rest of the album very underwhelming and samey. :katie:

YES YES YES CORRECT #1 I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU :jonny5:

Paradise was an alt entry for Listen!!! on my Best Of :allears:

Mercurial World and Screen Violence to high too :jonny5:

And of course 333! The final batch really snapped :heart2:

Spaceman was decent for Nick too! Just not obsessed with it

Didn't hear John's full album but Last Train Home was a surprising bop, and yeah I wasn't into Wild Blue too much

Tis the Damn Season and Evermore are great tracks :clap3:

Love your top 3 from S&I too and don't remember the bottom 3 lol

Pale Waves album was cute, not epic or anything but doesn't deserve the hate

CHVRCHES - Asking for a Friend and How Not to Drown :smitten:

I just listened to Mercurial World the other day (literally yesterday I think lol), but I loved title track and Hysterical Us!

evermore being called the inferior sister again... a crime

red spill though, replace message in a bottle with i bet you think about me on the best and worst list

1 hour ago, Remmy said:

11. Remi Wolf 'Juno' [[Great]]

I discovered them too late. Not enough time to give them a rating. My favorite is Sob Rock. Mercurial World and a touch of... on your trinity of albums. :clap3:

but 'Oh My God' is so good! 

Spaceman... really? okay. At least someone liked it :coffee2:

31. Billie Eilish 'Happier Than Ever
29. Coldplay 'Music of the Spheres'
25. Adele '30'
20. Lorde 'Solar Power'
18. Halsey 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power'

16. Silk Sonic 'An Evening with Silk Sonic'

14. Taylor Swift 'evermore'

12. John Mayer 'Sob Rock'

05. Taylor Swift 'Red (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]'

These are my favorites from the album list  :clap:

Shocked to see Nick so high :eek:

2Drunk was one of my favorites on the album as well :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

I agree evermore is the weaker sister to folklore

333, juno both slays

I'm not sure about fickle friends lately. haven't been blown by their recent stuff but still hyped for the album next year

mercurial world, and the aly& aj album :jonny6: great no. 1 pick

Heights (I tried to listen to this album and didn’t realize I accidentally left the title track on repeat until an hour later lmao), evermore is the inferior sister but still gorgeous, 333, Red, Screen Violence.

A touch of the beat is very high up on my list too, one of my favorites from this year and I am so glad I got into their discography.

THE HALL OF FAME :jonny2: and almost all Gaga getting in :fan: And I'm so glad Red TV clicked on you bc I just can't make it happen even the vault tracks :sosad:

Yay Walk the Moon! And Remi Wolf! WTF AT YOUR BOTTOM PICKS I should have known when you kept shading my choices... Tinashe snapped too. I should check out that new Sir Sly album!

OMG OOPS sorry at shading TOP and Pale Waves and here they are jdfklshdlishdls at least they were on the better side of my worst list!

Wowowowwo CHVRCHES and Magdalena Bay in your top 5, so deserved. Aly & AJ sitting pretty at #1 is a very cute winner too!

Great list, loved following along!

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

reminds me of the old John Mayer's music i used to love :heart2: 

THAT TOP 5 IS MAGNIFICENT :jonny5: 

I swear I totally missed Fickle Friends this year. :skull:

CHVRCHES delivered this year, and as usual :clap3:

I was letdown by TOP's latest material though... it was cute but too pop-ish for me, don't know.

And surprised to see Sir Sly! I'm on middle ground for this album, although lol you're right with the extremely depressing lyrics. It's concerning. The first single wasn't quite it, but the latest have been really good.

evermore's a little low, huh? and yet you have forgettable stuff like 21pilots in the top 10? oh hun...

red tv :jonny5: well deserved top 5

screen violence AMAZING if only you did not say that you prefer love is dead...

magdelena bay ofc :clap3: 

was nick jonas that good why do i see him in people's lists when no one even remembers he has a music career in 2021 :skull: 

hmm the aly & aj stanning cute i guess! 

Evermore and 333 :clap3: solid work from them, but I kinda like their other work better :eli: 

Red TV :smitten: the way it's better than already amazing original :jonny5: 

Aly & AJ stanning  :jonny5: 

Hey girlies, looks like I've got COVID! :heart: I haven't been tested (apparently there's no immediate testing places around here, haha!) so there's a chance it's just a normal cold/flu but I feel like that's not a huge possibility... plus I went to see Spider-Man in theaters days ago and I had my mask off for 90% of the movie sooo :) Commenting on other threads might slow down if I start feeling too tired or lazy, but don't think I'm ignoring you or anything! After today's update I basically just have 3 categories left (MCU Shows Ranking/Best Non-Singles/Best Singles) and then the Most Played stuff gets saved for after New Year's -- and guess what, after all this time I STILL have to rank Non-Singles/Singles. :oh: So updates might slow down as well idk, plus Christmas is obviously right around the corner.

REPLIES:

can't do them today sorry my brain is on low battery LOL

vo3dfIo.png

BEST OPENING TRACKS
This list is ranked simply on how well each song starts off the album it comes from - quality doesn't (completely) matter.

30. Pale Waves "Change" [Who Am I?]
29. Ashnikko "Daisy" [DEMIDEVIL]
28. Daya "First Time" [The Difference EP]
27. Aly & AJ "Pretty Places" [a touch of the beat...]
26. Ashe ft. FINNEAS "Till Forever Falls Apart" [Ashlyn]
25. Taylor Swift "willow" [evermore]
24. Bleachers "91" [Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night]
23. Lastlings "Deja Vu" [First Contact]
22. Isaac Dunbar "pink party" [EVIL TWIN EP]
21. Samia "As You Are" [Scout EP]
20. ELIO "Jackie Onassis" [Can You Hear Me Now? EP]
19. Fickle Friends "What a Time" [Weird Years]
18. Remi Wolf "Liquor Store" [Juno]
17. twenty one pilots "Good Day" [Scaled and Icy]
16. Nick Jonas "Don't Give Up On Us" [Spaceman]
15. Lorde "The Path" [Solar Power]
14. Halsey "The Tradition" [If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power]
13. EVERGLOW "FIRST" [Last Melody: Single EP]
12. Luke Hemmings "Starting Line" [When Facing the Things We Turn Away From]
11. Sam Sparro "Vibe Forever (Extended Mix)" [Boombox Eternal: Halcyon Deluxe]

10. Magdalena Bay "The End / Mercurial World" [Mercurial World]
09. Valley "Oh shít...are we in love?" [Last Birthday EP]
08. Zara Larsson "Love Me Land" [Poster Girl]
07. WALK THE MOON "Heights" [HEIGHTS]
06. CHVRCHES "Asking for a Friend" [Screen Violence]

05. Hot Milk "I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I'M DEAD" [IJWKWHWID EP]
04. Qveen Herby "Obitchuary" [Halloqveen EP]

03. Adele "Strangers By Nature" [30]
02. Kacey Musgraves "star-crossed" [star-crossed]

01. Silk Sonic "Silk Sonic Intro / Leave the Door Open"

[An Evening with Silk Sonic]

vo3dfIo.png

4f7308faf690349ef583152fdc45f568.1000x1000x1.jpgf9fd89458b83ac108e0863c6b41c6ef4.1000x1000x1.jpgef62c92b3e328a3a5b3ff2383eca6b6c.1000x1000x1.png284c7b4dc605d9ce189d4af1a1bcabff.1000x1000x1.png8c8f7f0f59eda88ab60da98f6df4ca96.1000x1000x1.png

vo3dfIo.png

+ Shoutouts:

Spoiler

Faye Webster "Better Distractions" [I Know I'm Funny haha]
Foley "Keep Me On My Toes" [Vacation EP]
Foxes "Friends In the Corner" [Friends In the Corner]
Grouplove "Primetime" [This Is This]
Jessie Ware "Please" [What's Your Pleasure?: Platinum Pleasure]
John Mayer "Last Train Home" [Sob Rock]
Ladyhawke "My Love" [Time Flies]
LANY "get away" [gg bb xx]
Oh Wonder "Baby" [22 Break]
RINSE ft. Hatchie "Back Into Your Arms" [Wherever I Am EP]
Tkay Maidza "Eden" [Last Year Was Weird, Vol. 3 EP]i
Valley "sucks to see you doing better" [sucks to see you... EP]
Weki Meki "Siesta" [I AM ME. EP]

vo3dfIo.png

BEST CLOSING TRACKS

This list is ranked simply on how well each song wraps up the album it comes from - quality doesn't (completely) matter.

[This was actually way harder to rank than expected? Also wow, there were a lot of dramatic endings this year!]

25. Foster the People "Your Heart Is My Home" [In the Darkest of Nights... EP]
24. RINSE "Tamaryn (Wherever I Am)" [Wherever I Am EP]
23. Shura "t-shirt" [forevher (Deluxe)]
22. JORDY "South Dakota" [Mind Games]
21. Kelly Clarkson "Christmas Come Early" [When Christmas Comes Around...]
20. FINNEAS "How It Ends" [Optimist]
19. Halsey "Ya'aburnee" [If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power]
18. Pale Waves "Who Am I?" [Who Am I?]
17. Taylor Swift "Bye Bye Baby" [Fearless (TV)]
16. Poppy "Dark Dark World" [EAT (Nxt Soundtrack) EP]
15. ELIO "Fabric" [Can You Hear Me Now? EP]
14. Poppy "Never Find My Place" [Flux]
13. Hayley Williams "Just a Lover" [FLOWERS for VASES / descansos]
12. Luke Hemmings "Comedown" [When Facing the Things We Turn Away From]
11. Billie Eilish "Male Fantasy" [Happier Than Ever]

10. Demi Lovato "Sunset" [DWTD...TAOSO (Deluxe)]
09. Bleachers "What'd I Do with All This Faith?" [Take the Sadness Out of Saturday Night]
08. iris "to be mine (is to lose your mind)" [love and other disasters]
07. Ed Sheeran "Be Right Now" [=]
06. Samia ft. Jelani Aryeh "The Promise" [Scout EP]

05. Taylor Swift "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)" [Red (TV)]
04. Silk Sonic "Blast Off" [An Evening with Silk Sonic]

03. Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver "evermore" [evermore]
02. Adele "Love Is a Game" [30]

01. Magdalena Bay "The Beginning" [Mercurial World]

vo3dfIo.png

1200x1200bf-60.jpg8c8f7f0f59eda88ab60da98f6df4ca96.1000x1000x1.png51293ede64dafece331990941aee995e.1000x1000x1.jpgef62c92b3e328a3a5b3ff2383eca6b6c.1000x1000x1.png3e2680f2877d4a5aab381e092c8d4812.1000x1000x1.jpg

vo3dfIo.png

4 minutes ago, Remmy said:

BEST OPENING TRACKS

Where's Red Sexton's Chrome Castle? 0/30 :coffee2:

5 minutes ago, Remmy said:

10. Magdalena Bay "The End / Mercurial World" [Mercurial World]

J/K. I agree with this choice...

5 minutes ago, Remmy said:

02. Adele "Love Is a Game" [30]
01. Magdalena Bay "The Beginning" [Mercurial World]

and these two.

04. Qveen Herby "Obitchuary" [Halloqveen EP]
03. Adele "Strangers By Nature" [30]
02. Kacey Musgraves "star-crossed" [star-crossed]

01. Silk Sonic "Silk Sonic Intro / Leave the Door Open"

[An Evening with Silk Sonic]

Yessssss like these! Esp Qveen & Adele!

panning HTE is an unpopular opinion I hope you know this!!! her being below Coldplay is a choice x

Poppy and Halsey also mega robbed especially when Zara is ahead of then :mandown:

evermore is too lie ad not you panned her best work :shakeno: good placements or Remi and Tinashe :clap3:

twenty one pilots and chvrches way too high but you made up for it with Magdalena in the top 3 :smitten:

great #1 also, I think I had it as my #1 for about a week nnn LOVE Lucky To Get Him tho :monkey: Break Yourself is SO underrated

star crossed and The Beginning are incredible opener/closers :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.