21. CHVRCHES ft. Robert Smith "How Not to Drown"

17. Lady Gaga ft. Ashnikko "Plastic Doll (Remix)"
06. Swedish House Mafia ft. The Weeknd "Moth to a Flame"
01. Lady Gaga ft. Rina Sawayama & Clarence Clarity "Free Woman (Remix)"

:katie2:

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

REPLIES:

Reveal hidden contents

Not the edits :oh: King Antonoff can slightly underwhelm for once as a treat I guess...

Oooooh you know what, I actually did watch Thot Shit and thought it was nice.

the bigger the better to ME :cm:

maybe if the album hit as hard as WWAFA or even dsam :cm: Well, it's close!

Exactly!

If you haven't checked out the other two then NO. Those are excellent, this one just isn't on the same level.

If it took less time to grow on me, it could've :gaycat3: Shivers is one of his weakest singles so nope! but OG is on the way!

Don't Freak is just a little cute droplet but Broods are dropping a new album in February (only 10 tracks) so it'd be a nice way to prepare :jamming:

Period!

INCORRECT

Period!

Male rappers not caring about their visuals, as usual... :frown: That cover could easily be recreated in Paint.

Right :clap3:

Same :mandown: Well it still has the usual Jack touch, there's just less bops and you kinda have to be in the right mood for it, while the other 2 albums can be played whenever - at least for me :lakitu:

vo3dfIo.png

BEST COLLABS || TOP 30

27. The Killers ft. Phoebe Bridgers "Runaway Horses"
22. LVCRFT ft. Bonnie McKee "Resurrection"

14. Taylor Swift ft. Keith Urban "That's When"

10. MUNA ft. Phoebe Bridgers "Silk Chiffon"
07. Taylor Swift ft. Phoebe Bridgers "Nothing New"

03. Ashe ft. FINNEAS "Till Forever Falls Apart"
02. Elle King ft. Miranda Lambert "Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home)"

vo3dfIo.png

912305a40349a32d0a1c82b7c632b87b.640x640x1.jpgca93a4e7a47f28b2e5ba81bd2ca54731.1000x1000x1.jpg1d2b3b408d1535132ce29f9f42f780d4.1000x1000x1.jpgDrunk-Lyrics-Elle-King.jpg58c70478ad4170e7e8a772ab02bba2ff.1000x1000x1.png

vo3dfIo.png

D(AIDWGH) :clap3:

the amount of gaga love from chromatica remix :jonny6: yall really like that album  :heart2: 

28. Regard ft. Troye Sivan & Tate McRae "You"

12. Charli XCX ft. Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek "New Shapes"

02. Elle King ft. Miranda Lambert "Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home)"

:worship:

15 hours ago, Remmy said:

yas oh yas... i love MTAF :clap:

26. Lady Gaga ft. Dorian Electra "Replay (Remix)"

17. Lady Gaga ft. Ashnikko "Plastic Doll (Remix)"
14. Taylor Swift ft. Keith Urban "That's When"

07. Taylor Swift ft. Phoebe Bridgers "Nothing New"

01. Lady Gaga ft. Rina Sawayama & Clarence Clarity "Free Woman (Remix)"

ok some points were made! 

plastic doll a BOP

chvrches best collab ever :jonny: 

phoebe dominating the top 10 

rina SNAPPED and that's THAT 

Yeah Pressure and Resurrection! A sexy bop and a spooky bop, both being turned into beds for the girls to sleep on. :( I also remember being...surprised? by the Replay remix. Like the whole Dawn of Chromatica album was...a journey, to be sure! I remember being pleasantly surprised by Dorian Electra, though.

Moth to a flame is a great collab!! I still miss The Weeknd collaborating with Daft Punk tho  :-*

REPLIES:

Spoiler
On 12/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Not the Ga Ga flood, but fair the ones you pick are pretty good. I was surprised how well Dorian did on Replay

Crying cause Kiss of GOD got snubbed

Not sure if you knew but Gaga is my fave (tied with Taylor), so of course there's gonna be a flood :fan: Same!

Already mentioned this in your thread - would've enjoyed it more if it was a Jessie solo :keir:

On 12/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

Free Woman Remix appreciation again :jonny5: Bree Runway on Babylon though >>> :eli: 

Bree did what she needed to do, I just preferred what Ashnikko/Dorian/Rina+Clarence added to their songs :lakitu:

On 12/19/2021 at 5:12 PM, Legend E said:

WTF is Runaway Horses doing this low?

Miss Germanotta and Miss Sawayama definitely did not deserve the #1 :) 

It would've been higher if Phoebe wasn't just doing backup vocals the whole time!

Oops, I think you accidentally added the word not to that sentence! You should probably start proofreading :heart:

On 12/19/2021 at 5:12 PM, dreamofyou said:

phoebe on nothing new and silk chiffon is so good 

22 hours ago, TRF. said:

Free Woman Remix was so good :jonny5:

Right :smitten::smitten::smitten:

22 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Silk Lesbion :clap:

That Ladyhawke/BROODS song was alright & one of the better ones from the album, but the first like... 2 seconds of the chorus makes me think of the start of the chorus of Ex's and Oh's and I can't shake it every time I listen. No Kiss of Life?!?!?!?!?!

KIIIIIIIIIII :oh::oh:

You know what, that's actually very accurate and I've thought about that before as well :lmao:

Only checked it out yesterday since BlackoutZone was stanning it. Not really a Kylie fan, sorry! :frown:

21 hours ago, Achilles. said:

Silk Chiffon + Nothing New! I don’t recall if I’ve ever heard a Phoebe Bridgers song, but she dropped two of the best collabs of the year!

She's pretty great :jamming: Her debut has a few solid songs but Punisher is great. Also love her cover of Goo Goo Dolls' "iris" with Maggie Rogers!

15 hours ago, OreGuy said:

the amount of gaga love from chromatica remix :jonny6: yall really like that album  :heart2: 

I prefer the original but DoC was better than expected! I feel like it's getting extra love in Best Of because the indie lovers also got fed due to all the non-mainstream artists that were featured.

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

ok some points were made! 

plastic doll a BOP

chvrches best collab ever :jonny: 

phoebe dominating the top 10 

rina SNAPPED and that's THAT 

Yesss no complaints FOUND :celestial4:

4 hours ago, Hug said:

Yeah Pressure and Resurrection! A sexy bop and a spooky bop, both being turned into beds for the girls to sleep on. :( I also remember being...surprised? by the Replay remix. Like the whole Dawn of Chromatica album was...a journey, to be sure! I remember being pleasantly surprised by Dorian Electra, though.

Right :frown: Even though Pressure got some decent YT views, and LVCRFT has like 5 listeners so they were bound to be ignored nnn. It really was a journey, but a journey that was better/smoother than expected!

4 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Moth to a flame is a great collab!! I still miss The Weeknd collaborating with Daft Punk tho  :-*

Agreed :gaycat3:

vo3dfIo.png

BEST ALBUMS || #31-16
NOTE: This category is ranked by the average score each release received after I rated every track that's above 2:10-ish.
NOTE 2: This year's list isn't that strong, and honestly, plenty of albums on here (even some in the top 10) would've likely

been at least 5 spots lower if they dropped during a better or more competitive year.

31. Billie Eilish 'Happier Than Ever [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. Happier Than Ever • 2. Therefore I Am • 3. Male Fantasy

Bottom 3: 13. Halley's Comet • 14. Everybody Dies • 15. Getting Older
Thoughts: *DISAPPOINTMENT #1* I extended this to 31 spots because I felt bad for Billie and didn't want to exclude her from the main list :fan: 'dont smile at me' (my #2 EP of 2017) and 'WWAFA,WDWG?' (#7 album of 2019) were incredible and I expected her to keep up this hot streak she has going, but 'HTE' really pales in comparison to both. I feel like my bottom 3 are quite boring and several tracks are just okay. Even with my top 3, I think the title track is the only one that can really compete with her discography highlights.

30. iris 'love and other disasters' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. voodoo voodoo • 2. lovemark • 3. la petite mort

Bottom 3: 9. the end of the world • 10. lavender and heaven • 11. april
Thoughts: Features one of my favorite songs of the year but also too many interludes (a total of 4, technically 5) and a tracklist that places nearly all the weaker stuff near the end.

29. Coldplay 'Music of the Spheres' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. My Universe • 2. Higher Power • 3. Humankind

Bottom 3: 7. Biutyful • 8. ♡ • 9. ∞
Thoughts: I only listened to this because I stumbled upon snippets they posted on Twitter and I was impressed with what I heard... unfortunately those snippets were a bit deceiving. My trinity is fun, "Let Somebody Go" is nice, and then the rest were kinda missed opportunities.

28. Kings of Leon 'When You See Yourself' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. The Bandit • 2. A Wave • 3. Stormy Weather

Bottom 3: 9. Echoing • 10. Golden Restless Age • 11. Supermarket

27. Saint Motel 'The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' [[Cute]]
Trinity: 1. It's All Happening • 2. Preach • 3. The Moment

Bottom 3: 13. Shake Charmer • 14. Diane Mozart • 15. Van Horn

26. Poppy 'Flux' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. So Mean • 2. On the Level • 3. Lessen the Damage

Bottom 3: 7. Flux • 8. As Strange as It Seems • 9. Bloom
Thoughts: 'I Disagree' made my top 10 last year and I was hoping for something a little more similar to that, but 'Flux' is significantly more grounded and also not nearly as eventful. Still a good project though!

25. Adele '30' [[Good]]
Trinity:
1. I Drink Wine • 2. Love Is a Game • 3. Easy On Me

Bottom 3: 10. Oh My God • 11. Woman Like Me • 12. Cry Your Heart Out
Thoughts: Just like #26, I also feel like this wasn't as eventful. It definitely works as a post-divorce album, but it also lacks some of the powerful, hard-hitting hooks that would blow us away  Luckily, Adele still has no problem pulling emotions out of us.

24. Lastlings 'First Contact' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. Deja Vu • 2. Out of Touch • 3. I've Got You

Bottom 3: 8. False Reactions • 9. Visions • 10. AI

23. Bleachers 'Take the Sadness Out of the Saturday Night' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. chinatown • 2. Stop Making This Hurt • 3. How Dare You Want More

Bottom 3: 8. 91 • 9. Secret Life • 10. Big Life
Thoughts: *DISAPPOINTMENT #2* As I said before in the Biggest Grower category, this was definitely underwhelming compared to King Jack's first 2 releases, both of which are some of my all-time favorites. 'TTSOOSN' features his worst song by far (Big Life) and trades in some of the bombastic magic for music that feels a bit more standard.

22. Ashe 'Ashlyn' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. Till Forever Falls Apart • 2. Moral of the Story • 3. Not Mad Anymore

Bottom 3: 11. Kansas • 12. When I'm Older • 13. Taylor

21. girl in red 'if i could make it go quiet' [[Good]]
Trinity:
1. Rue • 2. midnight love • 3. I'll Call You Mine

Bottom 3: 8. Did You Come? • 9. hornylovesickness • 10. You Stupid Bitch

20. Lorde 'Solar Power' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. Solar Power • 2. Secrets from a Girl • 3. Stoned at the Nail Salon

Bottom 3: 8. Big Star • 9. The Man with the Axe • 10. Oceanic Feeling
Thoughts: *DISAPPOINTMENT #3* You hoes hated on this way too much!! It obviously, OBVIOUSLY has nothing on 'Pure Heroine' and especially 'Melodrama', but it's certainly not awful. Still could've been a lot stronger at the end of the day... and I have no problem with her happier tone/lyrics, I just need an album that has more variety.

19. Ladyhawke 'Time Flies' [[Nice]]
Trinity: 1. Time Flies • 2. Guilty Love • 3. My Love

Bottom 3: 9. Mixed Emotions • 10. Love Is Blind • 11. Reactor
Thoughts: Only heard of them because of their Broods collab earlier this year but I wasn't planning on checking out more. Then I recently changed my mind since this was a new release (dropped in Nov) and the snippets were appealing. Quite a fun time!

18. Halsey 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power' [[Nice]]
Trinity: 1. Easier than Lying • 2. Girl is a Gun • 3. You asked for this

Bottom 3: 11. 1121 • 12. Lilith • 13. I am not a woman...
Thoughts: Easily an improvement over 'Manic'! I'm still waiting on her to go in a REAL ROCK direction but several tracks delivered that sound. I likely prefer 'BADLANDS' overall, although this really felt like an album that Halsey has been wanting to make for so long. Love how dark and cinematic it is.

17. Zara Larsson 'Poster Girl' [[Nice]]
Trinity: 1. Look What You've Done • 2. Right Here • 3. Ruin My Life

Bottom 3: 10. Talk About Love • 11. What Happens Here • 12. I Need Love
Thoughts: Once again, Zara proves that she knows how to serve a great pop bop but she also can't help including some fillers on the tracklist. Now if those were deleted/replaced, there's a chance this could've hopped into my top 10.

16. Silk Sonic 'An Evening with Silk Sonic [[Nice]]
Trinity: 1. Smokin Out the Window • 2. 777 • 3. Fly as Me

Bottom 3: 6. After Last Night • 7. Put On a Smile • 8. Skate
Thoughts: It's basically '24K Magic' (#5 album of 2016) but add in Anderson .Paak, sooo yeah it's another enjoyable time! They work really well together. Also, I don't know what their plans are but hopefully this isn't just a one-time collaboration? (And I doubt it is.)

vo3dfIo.png

a71e1702fc8a54962ab3c22dcf01f501.1000x1000x1.png35eff7021b4545766f6e31551a9170f1.1000x1000x1.jpgf97696de870f441d0e08e776c2187f49.1000x1000x1.jpgf58f1eeff1daf794e9c331efca0b5b48.1000x1000x1.jpgc991ca667ef42567a54b8b4281950d74.1000x1000x1.png362261d8533e55c632b35b1be0bc6544.999x999x1.png

ef62c92b3e328a3a5b3ff2383eca6b6c.1000x1000x1.png17fea4693ace7272d2cd7c44974b7677.1000x1000x1.jpg40512a48505bddb2837e1610ec53efbe.1000x1000x1.jpgfdb58c2930f130eff9e33f490d8b934c.1000x1000x1.pngd93db59f9df58816f79ec5b74a58584d.999x999x1.png

79428c0473b27dadd0cc4ba6d442b611.1000x1000x1.jpg233de486787eabc1b493390f67e8fb3a.1000x1000x1.png3b6350141a3ba88e0dd88bf3533b1e42.1000x1000x1.pnge297e714a8343f8f039597cf95ff95f7.1000x1000x1.jpg8c8f7f0f59eda88ab60da98f6df4ca96.1000x1000x1.png

vo3dfIo.png

BEST ALBUMS LIST: SO FAR~

Spoiler

31. Billie Eilish 'Happier Than Ever
30. iris 'love and other disasters'
29. Coldplay 'Music of the Spheres'
28. Kings of Leon 'When You See Yourself'
27. Saint Motel 'The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack'
26. Poppy 'Flux'
25. Adele '30'
24. Lastlings 'First Contact'
23. Bleachers 'Take the Sadness Out of the Saturday Night'
22. Ashe 'Ashlyn'
21. girl in red 'if i could make it go quiet'

20. Lorde 'Solar Power'
19. Ladyhawke 'Time Flies'
18. Halsey 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power'

17. Zara Larsson 'Poster Girl'

16. Silk Sonic 'An Evening with Silk Sonic

I see several disappointments, rightfully branded as such. :fan: 

Halsey’s album is so fucking amazing and underrated. :sad:

13 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Bottom 3: 9. Mixed Emotions

OMG why? That's my favorite. :jonny2:

Lots of very enjoyable albums here. Happier Than Ever, When You See Yourself, 30 and An Evening with Silk Sonic. :hippo:

23 hours ago, Remmy said:

Aww I missed the previous update. I haven't been much into featured tracks, but this one is a stand-out. Another late ATRL discovery. :laugh:

Interesting that HTE is your least fav Billie album. I haven’t listened to Poster Girl in months, lemme give it another stream

Now what is Solar Power doing that high :deadbanana2:

some of these are cute placements

halley's comet as bottom 3 for HTE however...

also solar power's bottom 3... you're breaking my heart:monkey:

BEST COLLABS || TOP 30
30. ELIO ft. Babygirl "When U Saw Love (Remix)"
28. Regard ft. Troye Sivan & Tate McRae "You"
24. Martin Garrix ft. Tove Lo "Pressure"

08. Shift K3Y ft. Tinashe "Love Line"

that ELIO remix wasn't half bad tbh. you + pressure both bops :clap3:

how not to drown grew on me, i remember being turned off at his vocals tho nnn :rip:

new shapes + silk chiffon are cute, but i haven't re-visited them v much

these albums:

i only use girlinred + zara. rue is absolutely one of the best songs on the album :worship:

there's quite a few albums here that i just couldn't get into :emofish:  but apparently i've listened to voodoo voodoo by iris once, so lemme make note of ha album!

Happier Than Ever, 30, and Solar Power I agree with everything you said about them.

IICHLIWP, Poster Girl, Silk Sonic :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

not HTE being a disappointment when I consider it a major improvement from her previous work

30 and SP :clap3: IICHLIWP deserved higher tho!

HTE and and MOTS sneaking in there, I liked Getting Older and Biutyful though :dancehall:

30 :clap3:

Solar Power was cute, basically agree with what you said about it

Silk Sonic, Girl in Red, Bleachers also pretty accurate placements

Poppy & Halsey ♡

HTE missing top 30 :'( it's a grower for me

MOTS :clap3: some bops, but overall it's a mess :rip: 

Solar Power and 30 :clap3: it's not their best works, but some of the highlights here and there :clap3: 

Poster Girl :party: 

12 hours ago, Remmy said:

25. Adele '30' [[Good]]
Trinity:
1. I Drink Wine • 2. Love Is a Game • 3. Easy On Me

Bottom 3: 10. Oh My God • 11. Woman Like Me • 12. Cry Your Heart Out
Thoughts: Just like #26, I also feel like this wasn't as eventful. It definitely works as a post-divorce album, but it also lacks some of the powerful, hard-hitting hooks that would blow us away  Luckily, Adele still has no problem pulling emotions out of us.

You know what, I was about to protest but I kinda agree with the bottom 3, they are either annoying (OMG, CYHT) or plain long and boring (WLM), they really dragged the album. 25 just had Sweet Devotion for that, but has the benefit of being the last song unlike these three who are in between the actual great songs. :deadbanana2:

12 hours ago, Remmy said:

20. Lorde 'Solar Power' [[Good]]
Trinity: 1. Solar Power • 2. Secrets from a Girl • 3. Stoned at the Nail Salon

Bottom 3: 8. Big Star • 9. The Man with the Axe • 10. Oceanic Feeling
Thoughts: *DISAPPOINTMENT #3* You hoes hated on this way too much!! It obviously, OBVIOUSLY has nothing on 'Pure Heroine' and especially 'Melodrama', but it's certainly not awful. Still could've been a lot stronger at the end of the day... and I have no problem with her happier tone/lyrics, I just need an album that has more variety.

God, that second half was sooooo boring except Mood Ring. Like, it's unlistenable :deadbanana2:

HTE almost missing your list naur sis naur. and what is getting older doing in your bottom 3 when it's a highlight? 

and what is oh my god doing in your bottom 3 for 30? 

why is bleachers a disappointment when their album has never hit before :fan: 

solar power making the top 20 :clap3: overhated INDEED. however i need to drag your bottom 3 AGAIN for having oceanic feeling there 

halsey made some points! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.