Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

FFn9iNrXwAoLc2S.jpg

critiques

Spoiler

Aaliyah - yeah the mixing of electro elements with r&b elements seems so standard and expected now, but it's cool to see how ahead of her time she was with certain choices. I will say.. the song is a bit repetitive and clunky at parts, you def had better songs in the past that married electro sounds with the r&b.. but this will still do! Could be better but not bad

Miley Cyrus - I mean great choice!! Not much here to say besides the fact that this, after trying many different sounds, is simply the best sound for Miley. The glam-rock sounds in this disco pop formula are absolutely amazing, and it made the song not feel like a random trendhopping song but a genuine artistic attempt at evolving herself. I dig

Red Velvet - damn girl they dragging u hard fr... a bit too hard but yeah this ain't no winner. It's a nice pop song and I like the elements of deep house but it's not something mindblowing. 

Shakira - super unique blend of genres, the surf rock sound on this is STRONG. Unfortunately I'm not as big of a fan of this compared to the other judges. Was never a big fan of the clunky sound of surf rock anyways, and it def dominates here but I do appreciate the unique and interesting blend of genres. It's admirable even if I don't like it

Shania Twain - ... fine you win this one Auburn

Taylor Swift - when this got panned hard.. it was bad for her even though i bopped. One of the few reputation songs to me that really lived up to the vision of the album, even if its production has somewhat aged. Pretty cool and unique song in taylors discog

Tinashe - big bop yes no complaints

@Element @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Rence @Tom Vercetti

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

YRVcvib.jpg

Oh wow this is hard and I'm also phoning it in so sucks to be y'all

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth

Love this song. of course you know this 

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Yes v nice

Red Velvet - Naughty

Ooo i like this one 

Shakira - Objection (Tango)

Wow this is actually very interesting and cute. 

Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like a Woman!

Oh yes! Winner!

Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It?

Winner [2]

Tinashe - Bouncin

Excellence.

thnx. and yeah this is gonna be extremely close. idek 

Fcq76Gl.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 12

Spoiler
On 12/7/2021 at 5:50 AM, Kavish said:

8jMJB4e.jpg

⸸ Kavish ⛧ Kritiques ⸸

~

@Element - Aaliyah – Extra Smooth

Reminiscent of your previous experimental entries - "What If" and "Messed Up" – her smooth vocals paired with the clunky, whimsical, and sinister sound is an enjoyable and engaging contrast. It's like walking through the chaotic Willy Wonka factory and being captivated by the smell of sweet chocolate.

@boys - Miley Cyrus – Midnight Sky

"Midnight Sky" is the ideal sound for Miley : it compliments her style and her hoarse voice perfectly. With its message of personal freedom backed by a nightly and knightly sound, it's an ideal song for anyone seeking independence, as well as an escape from the grey skies of our lives.

@mokitsu - Red Velvet – Naughty

The verses have a nice bouncy beat and the finger-snapping during the pre-chorus adds some oomph to the song. While I appreciate the switch up onto the chorus, I am not a big fan of the chorus itself. Its mechanical brashness subdues my overall enjoyment down a notch.

@Opulent - Shakira – Objection (Tango)

Tango mixed with pop rock sounds so unusual on paper, but Shakira made an absolute banger out of it. It's hard to stay put with such a fast-paced and groovy tune, and she elevates it even further when she starts to rap during the bridge. A classic that proved that Shakira wasn't a global fluke with "Whenever, Wherever".

@Auburn - Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like a Woman!

You know it's about to go down when you hear "Let's go girls!". The country and rock sounds are so distinct from each other and yet Shania blends the genres effortlessly into an irresistible pop smash. We stan a female empowerment song that has also become a gay anthem. This is what iconic sounds like.

@Rence - Taylor Swift – ...Ready for It?

It's not only a genre-bender with the marriage of sounds, but her vocal delivery from the verses to the chorus also display distinguishable styles. The bridge enhances this euphonious experience as it transforms into an anthemic witch hunt. Like picking the most exotic chocolate in a surprise box, we were not ready for it, but it was exciting.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Bouncin

It's impressive how the song can be both hard-hitting and dream-like at the same time, as if it's offering the listener a choice between grooving or just chilling. The switch-ups in Tinashe's vocal delivery is also noteworthy as she bounces in between the different sections. An addictive and pleasant vibe.

~

5be2af7b91d02c2fb9154549efafb8d4.jpg

On 12/7/2021 at 8:02 AM, Staryu said:

Vt2dVNT.png

All these songs fit the theme, good job :clap3: 

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth
This is definitely my favorite experimental sound from the album and it lives up to it's title by having slick production and Aaliyah's smooth velvety vocals. 

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky
My favorite Miley song of all time, she found her sound and her vocals and personality really come through in all the pop/rock/synthy goodness. 

Red Velvet - Naughty
The song was just fine until the parts where the beat kicks in, I really enjoyed those the most. I didn't really love the scary robot voice saying Naughty.

This is such a fun song, I love the surf rock influences, very unique for a pop star to use and idk if any could pull it off like Shakira did. 

This is an iconic anthem for a reason, it's the original fuck the patriarchy keychain and it blends pop, rock, and country perfectly.

Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It?
The pre-chorus is my favorite part of the song, I love her sweet she sounds and then it takes an edgy turn "are you ready for it?", I like how this was a new sound for her, it added to the edgy feel of reputation as a whole. 

Tinashe - Bouncin
The production of this reminds me of like a fairy fountain in a Zelda game, it has a whimsical quality to it that is very enjoyable. 

20 hours ago, Overprotected said:

Mariah Carey Shares Details on Her Upcoming Album: 'This Is a Labor of Love  and I'm Really Excited' | lovebscott.com

OVERPROTECTED'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth - Nice, it’s very nice.

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky - Mildred did what she had to do here, the genre bending is on another level...

Red Velvet - Naughty - I think the pre-chorus was the only part I really enjoyed here, the rest is just kinda basic. I’m not a big fan sorry. 

Shakira - Objection (Tango) - Spanish version outsold but ofc I understand you sending the english version. A massive bop and a classic I must say.

Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like a Woman! - An iconic timeless classic, you knew what you were doing by saving this smash for as long as possible. I do prefer the original country version but this one goes off too. 

Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It? - Genre bending queen, we love to see some reputation bops, the production might have aged but I still can enjoy it for what it is. The chorus has always been a bit weak for me though. 

Tinashe - Bouncin - I’m obsessed with the loop here, it’s so hypnotizing and her delivery in the verses is so good. It’s a yes from me.

7 hours ago, Navyofbadgals said:

FFn9iNrXwAoLc2S.jpg

critiques

Reveal hidden contents

Aaliyah - yeah the mixing of electro elements with r&b elements seems so standard and expected now, but it's cool to see how ahead of her time she was with certain choices. I will say.. the song is a bit repetitive and clunky at parts, you def had better songs in the past that married electro sounds with the r&b.. but this will still do! Could be better but not bad

Miley Cyrus - I mean great choice!! Not much here to say besides the fact that this, after trying many different sounds, is simply the best sound for Miley. The glam-rock sounds in this disco pop formula are absolutely amazing, and it made the song not feel like a random trendhopping song but a genuine artistic attempt at evolving herself. I dig

Red Velvet - damn girl they dragging u hard fr... a bit too hard but yeah this ain't no winner. It's a nice pop song and I like the elements of deep house but it's not something mindblowing. 

Shakira - super unique blend of genres, the surf rock sound on this is STRONG. Unfortunately I'm not as big of a fan of this compared to the other judges. Was never a big fan of the clunky sound of surf rock anyways, and it def dominates here but I do appreciate the unique and interesting blend of genres. It's admirable even if I don't like it

Shania Twain - ... fine you win this one Auburn

Taylor Swift - when this got panned hard.. it was bad for her even though i bopped. One of the few reputation songs to me that really lived up to the vision of the album, even if its production has somewhat aged. Pretty cool and unique song in taylors discog

Tinashe - big bop yes no complaints

@Element @boys @mokitsu @Opulent @Auburn @Rence @Tom Vercetti

1 hour ago, Dessy said:

YRVcvib.jpg

Oh wow this is hard and I'm also phoning it in so sucks to be y'all

Aaliyah - Extra Smooth

Love this song. of course you know this 

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

Yes v nice

Red Velvet - Naughty

Ooo i like this one 

Wow this is actually very interesting and cute. 

Oh yes! Winner!

Taylor Swift - ...Ready for It?

Winner [2]

Tinashe - Bouncin

Excellence.

Fcq76Gl.png

welcome everyone to the results of our twelfth round, genre benders :heart2:

i have to say that you all did understand the assignment and this is how you shows everyone that you're the top 7 of diversity 4.

so proud of all of you!! and no matter what the results will be, you all did amazing.

2 of you will be in the bottom and have to sing-off and from there, one person will sadly get eliminated.

the results will be announced from 4th and up to 1st place then we're gonna go down to the lows/flops aka 5th to 7th after that!

it's gonna be fun and interesting

now START POSTING!

omg yes we're gonna have only one safe placement!!

• ATRL Moderator

A sad day for me and Moki

shakes so fast yesss

oh yea we're starting on page 112 :laugh:

Just now, thecptz said:

oh yea we're starting on page 112 :laugh:

:tsk:

Just now, Opulent said:

Hi

heyyy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.