• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• Headlock

• fridayteenage

• chiliam

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Her song was about the difficulty of breaking out as a female country artist and then references the only large country female star at the time and acknowledges that even she had to have special connections to get where she is. Obviously connections can’t get you anywhere if the material doesn’t connect, but you can’t brush aside the fact that the only female country artist to go anywhere in the last 20 years came from a wealthy start and had certain industry connections to help her break it big.

OT: Glad to see Billie maintaining that top 10 :clap3: 

What is this industry connection nonsense :priceless:

She got signed to a startup indie label with no other artists that her father contributed a shocking *checks notes*… 3% to. That’s not a connection :priceless:

Not to mention she got a publishing deal with Sony/ATV before this all by herself.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Her song was about the difficulty of breaking out as a female country artist and then references the only large country female star at the time and acknowledges that even she had to have special connections to get where she is. Obviously connections can’t get you anywhere if the material doesn’t connect, but you can’t brush aside the fact that the only female country artist to go anywhere in the last 20 years came from a wealthy start and had certain industry connections to help her break it big.

OT: Glad to see Billie maintaining that top 10 :clap3: 

Apart from all this, Kacey always shaded Taylor. Remember that sexist joke of Kid rock about Taylor and Kacey supported that. Then she shaded Taylor during masters drama. She is jealous of Taylor's success. 

Edited by Steve Johnson
Ggf

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont think signing to a start up indie label that didnt even have an office or a name or staff is the most special thing. There are hundreds of indie labels that sign artists 24/7 and I dont see any of them on the level of Taylor.

Anyway the problem some swifties have with Kacey is that she has continuously displayed her disdain for Taylor. Going from basically implying that Taylor is the McDonald's of music just because she crossed over. To then liking Kid Rocks sexist tweet about Taylor. 

OT: great numbers for Kacey

My fellow Swifties, the past is past. 

Kacey did post a story using and prasing Soon you'll get better in 2019. Even if she really shade Taylor in the beginning, she comes around.

Taylor is forever much more success than Kacey already so lets her have this moment, dont try to insert that nonexistent feud and Taylor in this. Not a good look.

Yes 70k is an amazing number for Kacey, we all know she is an underrated queen and deserve much more but she is still making a lot of money from touring and small endorsement.

Edited by chiliam

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont think signing to a start up indie label that didnt even have an office or a name or staff is the most special thing. There are hundreds of indie labels that sign artists 24/7 and I dont see any of them on the level of Taylor.

Anyway the problem some swifties have with Kacey is that she has continuously displayed her disdain for Taylor. Going from basically implying that Taylor is the McDonald's of music just because she crossed over. To then liking Kid Rocks sexist tweet about Taylor. 

OT: great numbers for Kacey

That Kid Rock thing was a mistake, Kacey already cleared that up.

4 minutes ago, Headlock said:

That Kid Rock thing was a mistake, Kacey already cleared that up.

That was not a mistake, sweetie. People were dragging her for that and in her defense she made excuses about her twitter being hacked for 5 minutes. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

That was not a mistake, sweetie. People were dragging her for that and in her defense she made excuses about her twitter being hacked for 5 minutes. Lol. 

There’s literally no way it was on purpose, even if Kacey felt that way she isn’t dumb enough to like such a misogynistic tweet from a right wing lunatic on a public platform.

Hacked, accidentally liked and didn’t realize, whatever. It’s clear it was a mistake. Kacey may have been shady towards Taylor in the past but she’s not evil.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

What is this industry connection nonsense :priceless:

She got signed to a startup indie label with no other artists that her father contributed a shocking *checks notes*… 3% to. That’s not a connection :priceless:

Not to mention she got a publishing deal with Sony/ATV before this all by herself.

Well, um, yes, owning 3% of a label is a connection. Certainly enough to get your foot in the door. But Taylor is obviously a once in a generation talent that was going to make it no matter what. It just would've taken a bit longer without that.

Awesome numbers for Drake, he's slaying effortlessly.

Actually good numbers for Kacey tbh.

6 hours ago, Protocol said:

Well, um, yes, owning 3% of a label is a connection. Certainly enough to get your foot in the door. But Taylor is obviously a once in a generation talent that was going to make it no matter what. It just would've taken a bit longer without that.

The 3% was after she got signed. Again, how is that a connection when the label she was getting signed to didn’t even exist yet :priceless:

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Carrie and Miranda are STARS, excuse you.

i wonder when doja is ever making a full phys release

Miranda’s career is over 20 years old, babe.

9 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont think signing to a start up indie label that didnt even have an office or a name or staff is the most special thing. 

7 hours ago, Headlock said:

She got signed to a startup indie label with no other artists that her father contributed a shocking *checks notes*… 3% to.

I don’t think you ladies are following the conversation. Kacey’s “diss” track is just about how hard it is for country females to breakthrough. The “diss” towards Taylor is that she’s the only real breakthrough in forever and even she had to have connections. You’re both agreeing that she had connections, so what is there to be upset about?

7 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

Apart from all this, Kacey always shaded Taylor. Remember that sexist joke of Kid rock about Taylor and Kacey supported that. Then she shaded Taylor during masters drama. She is jealous of Taylor's success. 

Sis, that was fake and she even met with Taylor and apologized for the perception. Kacey Musgraves is the most liberal country girl ever - do you really think she’s going to agree with Kid Rock on anything? Especially when his Tweet was shading all liberal, which Kacey would be part of? :skull: 

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Miranda’s career is over 20 years old, babe.

I don’t think you ladies are following the conversation. Kacey’s “diss” track is just about how hard it is for country females to breakthrough. The “diss” towards Taylor is that she’s the only real breakthrough in forever and even she had to have connections. You’re both agreeing that she had connections, so what is there to be upset about?

Sis, that was fake and she even met with Taylor and apologized for the perception. Kacey Musgraves is the most liberal country girl ever - do you really think she’s going to agree with Kid Rock on anything? Especially when his Tweet was shading all liberal, which Kacey would be part of? :skull: 

I literally already asked you how that was a connection when it didn’t happen until after she got signed, again, to a non-existent indie label with no other artists :priceless:

I’m not “upset” about Kacey, I couldn’t care less about that. I literally own all her albums lol.

1 minute ago, Sept said:

Ship on 1 Oct though :skull: 

They delayed the album for one year and couldn't have the CDs available in the first weeks? :deadbanana2:

Vinyls aren't even available to order. I'm guessing they'll have all of that sorted out in the weeks to come. 

Love For Sale is in danger for a #1 debut. Drake is still doing it well and will continue to be like that for a couple of months. 

Jesus theres more kacey fans screaming "swifties being pressed, leave kacey alone!!" than there is actual swifties saying anything :rip:

nobody cares about a made up feud that you have in your head. 

I didnt know about any drama, i just never liked her and found it funny she dissed girls crossing over then ends up trying to do the same but I cant say that because I listen to taylor?:deadvision:sure jan 

Ot, not really a big drop for drake so hopefully he gets at least a 4th week in, tha album started growing on me

Edited by Starchild

On 9/12/2021 at 4:13 AM, Balthier said:

Can the swifties leave all the Kacey threads? We know you hate her because she apparently "stole" a country Grammy from Taylor eons of years ago, MOVE ON

Amazing numbers for Kacey :clap3:

i'm a swiftie and i love kacey :deadbanana2: i know a lot of swifties who like her too actually. but that's not the reason why some are haters though, no one is bitter about this country win it's about something else :rip:

OT: first time SOUR left the top 3, and still above 50k. whew! though i feel like HDD been overestimating her recently and she'd actually end up at #5 :skull:

Great numbers for Kacey, and Justified might turn out to have some legs with the radio push and streaming numbers so far.

Imagine how tired we are ... :rip:

Can somebody do to him with BTS did to Blackpink and just erase him from the conversation all together?

Edited by frenchyisback

400k first week debunked.

Potential sub-70% drop confirmed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.