Avril Lavigne's "Let Go" hits 1 billion streams on Spotify

EDD

Congrats to a very iconic & legendary debut! :clap3:

Avril Lavigne - Let Go | Avril lavigne let go, Avril lavigne, Let it be

On 6/23/2021 at 11:16 PM, EvanT said:

Do you think people have been streaming it on Spotify since 2002?

Well, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway was released two years after Let Go was, and it reached 1B streams before LG ever did.:swan:

On 7/1/2021 at 11:01 PM, HBK-79 said:

Well, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway was released two years after Let Go was, and it reached 1B streams before LG ever did.:swan:

Yeah, but this is album is extremely singles-dependent. Some songs couldn't even reach 3M or 4M streams.

Two kweens and two amazing albums btw.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:01 AM, HBK-79 said:

So???? It's not a competition here. Both did amazing. 

11 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

So???? It's not a competition here.

Tell that to all the Kelly stans who keep throwing in our faces the fact that Breakaway reached 1B streams first.:hoetenks:

23 hours ago, EvanT said:

Yeah, but this is album is extremely singles-dependent. Some songs couldn't even reach 3M or 4M streams.

I guess the fact that Breakaway had four huge singles give it an advantage.

But waiT!

Unlike LG, a few of the tracks on Breakaway don't have at least 3-4M streams?:bloo:

1 hour ago, HBK-79 said:

Tell that to all the Kelly stans who keep throwing in our faces the fact that Breakaway reached 1B streams first.:hoetenks:

Who really cares about them seriously? We're not in high school anymore. Plus i don't see any of Kelly's fan in this thread mocking about this. I saw Avril's fan whinning about things that they should cheer up instead. 

1 billion mark is incredible for a 2002 album no matter what some albums outstreamed it. Still a very rare case. 

That's great but you can see that her more Rock stuff is less loved. No wonder UMS stuggles on streaming.

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

1 billion mark is incredible for a 2002 album no matter what some albums outstreamed it. Still a very rare case. 

True. I think Gen Z doesn't care about the 00s and the Gen Y is too busy streaming these songs.

Legendary impactful album :alexz:

A record that defined a generation and has 3 classics on it :clap3:

17 hours ago, queenoftheclouds said:

True. I think Gen Z doesn't care about the 00s and the Gen Y is too busy streaming these songs.

Really??

I keep hearing how Miss Lasagna is in Gen-Z's good graces because some of her songs have gone viral and her first-ever TikTok exploded with likes.:michael:

On 7/4/2021 at 10:41 PM, HBK-79 said:

But waiT!

Unlike LG, a few of the tracks on Breakaway don't have at least 3-4M streams?:bloo:

Some tracks on Breakaway have gathered poor streaming totals.

Not trying to diss Kelly or her accomplishment, you know I like her, but the album hit 1B cause of the singles.

Spoiler

Some Breakaway tracks:

Hear Me    3,310,358

Where Is Your Heart    3,914,041

You Found Me    5,089,939

I Hate Myself For Losing You    2,980,724

Low    1,942,936

The least streamed tracks on Let Go:

Too Much to Ask    7,415,396

Naked    9,298,773

Check some non-singles:

Things I'll Never Say    22,698,127

Anything but Ordinary    19,064,231

It's great to see how Let Go is being streamed entirely. Aged like fine wine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.