HDD: Taylor Swift #1, Olivia Rodrigo BLOCKED

drivers license

13 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

not by what ended up being 47k  :cm:   90% of those are going to be those desperate "digitally signed" website albums

110k.

Three days later: 140k

That’s an increase of 10k per day.

Two days later (actually more like 2.5 since the previous predictions came out mid day): 187k

Add in a natural 20-25k from increasing daily predictions, she’s at 160-165k at minimum. So the difference to the final total is ~25k, some of which obviously is filled with natural interest in headlines about her breaking the vinyl sales record and Taylor actually promoting it for the first time in six months.

The website sales make up the rest, which I would say is about 10k, maybe 15k.

Just say you don’t know what you’re talking about and go :coffee2:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivers license

• Headlock

• Starkboy

• DesiredConsternation

22 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

not by what ended up being 47k  :cm:   90% of those are going to be those desperate "digitally signed" website albums

%90 of what? Not you making up numbers :rip:

She sold ~100k vinyls and ~60k signed copies which puts her at 160k alone. 

At most, %5-10 of her sales came from digital website albums. 

They just underestimated her and it was weird from start that she was supposed to sell only 100k pure when vinyl and signed copies put her above that. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

4 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

I agree that billboard need to rethink the vinyl shipping issue. Evermore deserved that 500k+ debut and tbh I’d have taken that over a random week in May selling 190k 6 months later. It’s a bizarre rule.

you know what… you’re right.. Olivia could’ve opened with 300k+ :deadbanana4:

Is Evermore really #1? :rip:

I don't know if I'm buying that Taylor is pushing Evermore for the chart position. It absolutely is possible, but I just can't rationalize her trying to cover a 35k sales gap with $35-40 vinyls, and in the last 2 days of the tracking week :skull: it makes no sense, she would've started her push much earlier.

At most I feel like she's just doing it for the money. Evermore sold less than her other albums and thus much less profitable. Both the album and Willow made minimum noise beyond the first few weeks. She couldn't market it with her usual strategies -- it didn't have any physical copies available in the first few weeks, which really impacted it's performance. Vinyls are big money makers for artists, and Evermore's are selling much better than anyone expected it to, so they capitalized on it. If she sold 180k copies at $35-40, that's an easy $6,300,000-$7,200,000 for little to no effort.

Anyways, if Sour is #2 I hope it goes #1 again next week. :giraffe:

Anyway we should be happy to see two queens pulling massive numbers this week regardless of who gets #1! :clap3:

Where were y’all when Heartless by The Weeknd went #1 because of vinyl sales and people were saying they NEVER got their copies even months later?

I think @iHype.is still waiting for his ?

5 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They just underestimated her and it was weird from start that she was supposed to sell only 130k pure when vinyl and signed copies put her above that. 

Stop! You’re being logical!

• ATRL Moderator

The click bait title... shameless

Congrats to Taylor and Olivia! :heart:

Edited by wehavetostan

15 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

I agree that billboard need to rethink the vinyl shipping issue. Evermore deserved that 500k+ debut and tbh I’d have taken that over a random week in May selling 190k 6 months later. It’s a bizarre rule.

6 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Where were y’all when Heartless by The Weeknd went #1 because of vinyl sales and people were saying they NEVER got their copies even months later?

I think @iHype.is still waiting for his ?

Previous rule was even messier. Like others said, fans will buy a lot to inflate first week sales but once it gets counted for the chart, they can cancel it and ask for refund. Not to mention, we have cases where CDs/Vinyls never reach the buyers and end up as refund too. For real, the current rule is fine, people just can't stand that Taylor can do it effortlessly meanwhile their faves are struggling.

30 minutes ago, Headlock said:

110k.

Two days later (actually more like 2.5 since the previous predictions came out mid day): 187k

Add in a natural 20-25k from increasing daily predictions, she’s at 160-165k at minimum. So the difference to the final total is ~25k, some of which obviously is filled with natural interest in headlines about her breaking the vinyl sales record and Taylor actually promoting it for the first time in six months.

the initial Taylor estimates were 110k-130k, not just 110k as you are trying to present  :deadbanana4:  she went from 130k to 140k, that's 10k increse in 3 days, not 10k per day... and then, whoop! almost 50k in the final day which just happened to be the day when she dropped the SUPER EXCLUSIVE FOUR VERSIONS OF THE DIGITALLY SIGNED EVERMORE ALBUM FEATURING BRAND NEW WILLOW REMIX! GET IT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST EVEN THOUGH IT'S LITERALLY A DIGITAL PURCHASE THAT CAN'T GET SOLD OUT!  :dies:

29 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They just underestimated her and it was weird from start that she was supposed to sell only 100k pure when vinyl and signed copies put her above that. 

I think I'm gonna believe HDD over random atrler when it comes to the sales predictions  :giraffe:

Edited by M-P-B

27 minutes ago, Forevermore. said:

Is Evermore really #1? :rip:

I don't know if I'm buying that Taylor is pushing Evermore for the chart position. It absolutely is possible, but I just can't rationalize her trying to cover a 35k sales gap with $35-40 vinyls, and in the last 2 days of the tracking week :skull: it makes no sense, she would've started her push much earlier.

At most I feel like she's just doing it for the money. Evermore sold less than her other albums and thus much less profitable. Both the album and Willow made minimum noise beyond the first few weeks. She couldn't market it with her usual strategies -- it didn't have any physical copies available in the first few weeks, which really impacted it's performance. Vinyls are big money makers for artists, and Evermore's are selling much better than anyone expected it to, so they capitalized on it. If she sold 180k copies at $35-40, that's an easy $6,300,000-$7,200,000 for little to no effort.

Anyways, if Sour is #2 I hope it goes #1 again next week. :giraffe:

??? Mine was only $20

7 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

??? Mine was only $20

Really? I'm seeing a lot of different prices, my friend got hers for $29.99 :rip: My Canadian friend also got his for 48 CAD which is roughly $40 USD. 

But I don't live in the region and I'm not buying the vinyl so idk. Still a huge profit margin though. 

I CANNOT AT THE DOUBTERS HERE.

We're talking about Taylor Swift, the ONLY musician who has debuted 4 CONSECUTIVE 1 MILLION SELLING ALBUMS in their FIRST WEEK.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

110k.

Drag it :ahh: 

43 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

the initial Taylor estimates were 110k-130k, not just 110k as you are trying to present  :deadbanana4: 

And according to same HDD, she predicted to sell 100k vinyl and 10k SEA so would you like to explain where did tons of signed copies go to? 

she went from 130k to 140k, that's 10k increse in 3 days, not 10k per day...

Not you using highest possible number on purpose to make a point. :rip:

110-130k to 140k means 10k-30k increase, not just 10k. 

If you can claim 10k, he can claim 30k. :rip:

and then, whoop! almost 50k in the final day which just happened to be the day

Last prediction was 3 days ago before last one. 

It is not only prediction of last day, it is the change in last three days. 

I think I'm gonna believe HDD over random atrler when it comes to the sales predictions  :giraffe:

And what part of that HDD prediction tell us that she sold 47k website sales you claim? 

It doesn't.

Her website had 15k orders in last 24 hours before tracking week ends but somehow she sold 45k from her website according to you. 

You are the only one making numbers up. Get over it. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

1 hour ago, M-P-B said:

We've been manually counting.

And before the traffic week ended she sold 15k copies.

90k vinyls + 70k physical signed cds + 15k normal streaming units + 15k "digitally signed website albums"

SOUR is obviously the most popular album this week, Billboard better reflect that. Taylor I love you but this is ridiculous:rip:

SOUR is obviously the most popular album this week, Billboard better reflect that. Taylor I love you but this is ridiculous:rip:

Taylor getting her revenge on Olivia for the kim gift hehehe 

jk

Love both 

got my first vinyl ever with evermore! Anything for my queen Taylor 

2 hours ago, M-P-B said:

the initial Taylor estimates were 110k-130k, not just 110k as you are trying to present  :deadbanana4:  she went from 130k to

I used the low number because that was within their initial predictions just like you’re using the high number :deadbanana4:

The fact that you continue to ignore my point about her projections increasing daily, give it up :deadbanana4:

Edited by Headlock

1 hour ago, jijie101 said:

It’s Billboard’s own rule about physical shipments that is causing this to happen with Evermore selling so much this week in the first place, their chart is reflecting the rules they made :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.