Warner: Future Nostalgia tops 4 million units worldwide!

Hector

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Timber

• jijie101

• Mafuyumamuro

2 hours ago, Music2002 said:

They probably removed Prisoner and Un Dia from the total, since those aren't her songs and they don't give an accurate representation of the album's success.

Nah. Un Dia is her song. It's not on any other album other than hers and she has equal billing on the track. Prisoner I agree with you on lol. She totally just snatched the song for SPS but whatever. Regardless, we both agree that this is likely just the figures of the original album and not counting the Moonlight Edition which would easily add her at least another 1M or so to the total making it around 5M at the very least. At least that's what makes sense to me in regards to these numbers because it is impossible that the record is only at 3.8M units given everything already mentioned in the thread. 

10 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Nah. Un Dia is her song. It's not on any other album other than hers and she has equal billing on the track. Prisoner I agree with you on lol. She totally just snatched the song for SPS but whatever. Regardless, we both agree that this is likely just the figures of the original album and not counting the Moonlight Edition which would easily add her at least another 1M or so to the total making it around 5M at the very least. At least that's what makes sense to me in regards to these numbers because it is impossible that the record is only at 3.8M units given everything already mentioned in the thread. 

It's not even 2M between US and UK.

3.8M Is pretty accurate and reasonable.

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Moonlight Edition adds her what? :rip: 

Do you really believe in what you are saying?

4 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

This is the biggest female album of the year though and people in this thread are trying to discredit her???? 

Except it's not. Folklore and The Album (Blackpink) are far ahead of it based on actual reliable sources, and it'll take a while to catch up going by the official figure the label just reported vs. those other official reports for the aforementioned albums. Still though, these numbers are not actually bad given how times have changed, that much is true. Pretty sure most of us are just surprised its units are this "low" when some people kept using inaccurate sources to claim FN is bigger than certain other albums which, turns out, actually sold far more... in others words the clown came back to bite. But having the third biggest female album of 2020 (she'll be high for 2021 too for sure) is still good.

It’s obviously very successful, but this has been building units since Q3 2019 and has had an insane amount of promo and singles and collabs and remixes released and latched onto it. 

She is simply not as big as some ATRLers seem to think :rip:  

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Except it's not. Folklore and The Album (Blackpink) are far ahead of it based on actual reliable sources, and it'll take a while to catch up going by the official figure the label just reported vs. those other official reports for the aforementioned albums. Still though, these numbers are not actually bad given how times have changed, that much is true. Pretty sure most of us are just surprised its units are this "low" when some people kept using inaccurate sources to claim FN is bigger than certain other albums which, turns out, actually sold far more... in others words the clown came back to bite. But having the third biggest female album of 2020 (she'll be high for 2021 too for sure) is still good.

Most of the GP doesn’t know folklore or the album exist :rip: 

Dua still wins cuz people at least heard her songs. 

19 minutes ago, Mafuyumamuro said:

Moonlight Edition adds her what? :rip: 

Do you really believe in what you are saying?

the total streams of the Moonlight Edition tracks combined are at like 1 billion.

Un Dia - 450M

Prisoner - 300M

Fever - 150M

If It Aint Me - 12M

That Kind of Woman - 9M

Not My Problem - 5M

Someone on here said that 1 billion streams on spotify gets you almost 1M units. What's so confusing or shocking?

15 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Most of the GP doesn’t know folklore or the album exist :rip: 

Dua still wins cuz people at least heard her songs. 

Too bad it doesn’t work this way :rip: 

These are good numbers but definitely underwhelming considering the HUGE push and promo ngl. I really thought she was at least at 5M.

3.8M would've been solid without The Moonlight Edition. But her team chose to completely ruin the original concept by hunger for streams and the numbers seem weak now :shakeno:

It's definitely giving TD teas with the countless big singles and yet weak album sales. 

4 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

These are good numbers but definitely underwhelming considering the HUGE push and promo ngl. I really thought she was at least at 5M.

3.8M would've been solid without The Moonlight Edition. But her team chose to completely ruin the original concept by hunger for streams and the numbers seem weak now :shakeno:

It's definitely giving TD teas with the countless big singles and yet weak album sales. 

Except TD was way bigger.

Welp the klownery came back to bite I fear :coffee2:

OT: really not bad number. But at least this would give some people a cold glass of reality, as they have been inflating and hyping her up so much ala Katy TD tea.

Edited by Rep2000

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

When you take the US and UK sales, the numbers Warner reported seems accurate. You need to remember FN doesn’t have the pure sales to help and it didn’t slay in Asia like it did in other continents.

The numbers are not bad, but some people were clearly delusional about FN sales.

58 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

the total streams of the Moonlight Edition tracks combined are at like 1 billion.

Un Dia - 450M

Prisoner - 300M

Fever - 150M

If It Aint Me - 12M

That Kind of Woman - 9M

Not My Problem - 5M

Someone on here said that 1 billion streams on spotify gets you almost 1M units. What's so confusing or shocking?

Those are WW streams and thats not even true. Its 3500 streams = 1 sps album iirc

1500 downloads = 1 album sale

1000 was never right.

Okay, the new numbers are in. 

My estimate for Future Nostalgia (based on CSPC) is 6.6m. 

Biggest female album of the decade, of course. I messed up the ratio before, but still doing amazing.

15 minutes ago, Mafuyumamuro said:

Those are WW streams and thats not even true. Its 3500 streams = 1 sps album iirc

1500 downloads = 1 album sale

1000 was never right.

Here's Chartmasters streaming formula:

Audio Streams
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)

Video Streams
– China* : Xiami streams * 125/6.5 (Xiami has just over 5% of the Chinese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views

*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted in par with YouTube streams.

Audio Stream – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit

Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( Xiami * 125/6.5 + YouTube ) / 11750

Not that same member bringing up that trash chartmasters formula AGAIN:ahh: 

Labels > this amateur :dies: 

Edited by Squall

5 hours ago, Swiftie07 said:

A MINOR POP GIRL SALES. 

Give examples of minor pop girls you speak of raking the same amount in 2020 or 2021?

6 hours ago, Mafuyumamuro said:

This is a weird comment. You unstan her because the numbers aren’t as big as you expected? :rip: 

its like theyre investors of her. she failed to meet their quota wtf :deadbanana2:

43 minutes ago, Timber said:

Here's Chartmasters streaming formula:

Audio Streams
– South Korea : Genie streams * 3.05 (consistent with Gaon streaming numbers)
– Japan : AWA streams * 100/5.5 (AWA has 5.5% of the Japanese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Spotify streams * (370 – 8.5 – 9.5 – 33 – 9) / 207 (370 million global subscribers minus 8.5 million from South Korea minus 9.5 million from Japan minus 33 million from China divided by the number of Spotify only users minus 9 million more Asian users) + Genie streams * 3.05 (uses Genie rather than Spotify to extrapolate markets like Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam)

Video Streams
– China* : Xiami streams * 125/6.5 (Xiami has just over 5% of the Chinese streaming market)
– Elsewhere : Youtube views

*since 96.4% of Chinese streaming platforms are free users, that paid-for users pay less than $2 a month and that they are also used as video streaming platforms, their streams are weighted in par with YouTube streams.

Audio Stream – 1500 plays equal 1 album unit
Video Stream – 11,750 views equal 1 album unit

Equivalent Albums Sales (EAS) = ( Spotify * 310/207 + Genie * 3.05*2 + AWA * 100/5.5 ) / 1500 + ( Xiami * 125/6.5 + YouTube ) / 11750

Girl, Labels know this kinda stuff better than anybody else:rip: They knows how profitable the album is. FN did 1M in the US and 300K in the UK, so it did 1.3M in its top 2 biggest markets, it’s impossible it did more than 5M outside of them:rip: The album is big, but not on the same level with Billie’s debut or ASIB.

2 minutes ago, jijie101 said:

Girl, Labels know this kinda stuff better than anybody else:rip: They knows how profitable the album is. FN did 1M in the US and 300K in the UK, so it did 1.3M in its top 2 biggest markets, it’s impossible it did more than 5M outside of them:rip: The album is big, but not on the same level with Billie’s debut or ASIB.

Isn’t the UK the one that doesn’t count your top 3 biggest songs, and removes you from the charts if it last to long, etc. Global stats need to be standardized cuz so many countries have stupid rules that do not make sense monetarily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.