H100: That's What I Like #1

iHype.

Bruno Mars' 'That's What I Like' Lifts to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100

bruno-mars-feb-12-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

With Mars having tallied his first No. 1 as an artist on May 1, 2010 (exactly seven years ago today), as the featured artist on B.o.B's "Nothin' On You," he moves closer to the mark for the most No. 1s this decade: His seven are the most among male artists in the 2010s and, overall, trail only Rihanna's nine and Katy Perry's eight this decade. (Mars boasts more than twice as many Hot 100 No. 1s in the '10s than any other male; he extends his lead over Bieber, Drake, Eminem and The Weeknd, each with three in that span.)

In the Hot 100's history, Mars ties for seventh place among solo males with the most No. 1s, matching the seven leaders each for Phil Collins, Frankie Valli and Elvis Presley (whose career predated the Hot 100 by two years). Michael Jackson leads all male soloists with 13 No. 1s (while The Beatles pace all acts with 20).

Also notably, "Like" leads the Hot 100 in its 15th week on the chart, completing the longest rise to No. 1 since Sia's "Cheap Thrills," featuring Sean Paul, which hit the top in its 23rd frame (Aug. 6, 2016). No song by a lead male had needed more weeks to reign than "Like" since The Weeknd's "The Hills" (17 weeks, 2015). "Like" had previously peaked at No. 2 on the Hot 100 for four weeks.

"Like" keeps at No. 2 on the Radio Songs chart with 165 million in airplay audience (up 3 percent) in the week ending April 30, according to Nielsen Music. It also holds at No. 2 on Digital Song Sales with 78,000 sold (down 3 percent) in the week ending April 27. On Streaming Songs, "Like" rises 6-5 (39.5 million U.S. streams, up 15 percent, in the week ending April 27), further boosted by four remixes posted to Mars' official YouTube channel on April 21.

Top 10:

1. That's What I Like (+2)

2. Shape of You (=)

3. Humble (-1)

4. Despacito (+5)

5. Mask Off (=)

6. Something Just Like This (+2)

7. DNA (-3)

8. iSpy (-2)

9. XO Tour Life (+1)

10. It Ain't Me (+3)

Kendrick Lamar's 'DAMN.' Spends Second Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200, Incubus & 'Guardians 2' Debut in Top 10

kendrick-lamar-performs-coachella-b-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN. rules the Billboard 200 albums chart for a second week, as the set earned 238,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 27, according to Nielsen Music. That’s a decline of 61 percent as compared to its debut frame a week earlier of 603,000 units.

More Life and ÷ both rise one rung to Nos. 2 and 3, respectively, on the new Billboard 200. More Life is down just 12 percent (to 77,000 units) while ÷ dips only 16 percent (to 55,000 units). The sets previously topped the Billboard 200 for three and two weeks, respectively.

Incubus collects its seventh top 10 album as its new release, 8, debuts at No. 4 with 52,000 units (49,000 in traditional album sales). The rock band last visited the top 10 with the EP Trust Fall (Side A) in 2015, which debuted and peaked at No 6. The group’s last full-length studio album was in 2011, when If Not Now, When? launched at No. 2 with 80,000 copies sold.

Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic rises 7-5 with 42,000 units (down 5 percent), The Chainsmokers’ Memories… Do Not Open slips 5-6 with 41,000 units (down 32 percent) and the Moanasoundtrack descends 6-7 with 40,000 units (down 19 percent).

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurrKaty

• alexis

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

QueenofCopyPaste

Bruno's longevity :jonny:

KUNG FU KENNY :worship2:

Kdot wins again :clap3: 

Great second week for Kendrick!

More Life chilling at #2 :clap3: The 77,000 brings its RTD total to 1,138,000.

where's Joanne tho :cm:

amazing numbers!

King Mars 

Metamorphosis

Kendrick is a certified legend 

Kendrick selling 87,000 second week

:jonny::jonny2: 

that's a 75% decline

:jonny3: 

These numbers are really impressive. :clap3:

butterflysupreme
4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

ALl these consecutive 70+% drops in week 2 sales for number one debuting albums is bloody scary.

No they aren't, that's normal.

2 hours ago, Ari29 said:

The way both Drake and Kendrick(x2) blindsided Ed Sheeran.

whew, the obsession with ed people have around here

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

whew, the obsession with ed people have around here

Whew, this is my first time talking about him. 

2 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Whew, this is my first time talking about him. 

I don't know if he is or isn't but regardless Lady Gaga will ALWAYS be a bigger name than Ed Sheeran. She's reached every demographic, even if it's just for her outlandish costumes, everyone knows who Lady Gaga is. Can't say the same for Ed Sheeran 

Quote from Ari29, hmm.

...good for kendrick having success

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

Quote from Ari29, hmm.

...good for kendrick having success

Whew, forgot about that comment. My obsession with Ed is verified. 

1 hour ago, Tremor Christ said:

Kendrick selling 87,000 second week

:jonny::jonny2: 

that's a 75% decline

:jonny3: 

It's completely normal