would the DW era have 2 #1s if Ariana followed this method?

moonlitdick

moonlitdick
1 hour ago, Mrs. Jay said:

Dangerous Woman should never have been the lead, or even a single at all. It should've been a track left on the album to contextualize the theme of the album 

this.

Be Alright or Side to Side as a lead single would've done very well, and maybe if she had Scooter back then, she would've smashed like how she did with Problem and Break Free.

1. Side To Side wouldn't have gone #1 even if released instead of DW, songs like Work From Home had much higher points in all domains and still didn't top the chart, competition was too strong.

2. Into You peaked the highest it could have gone, we all know pure pop isn't the GeePee's tea lately.

3. Dangerous Woman (single) would of flopped in Side To Side's place. STS was the PERFECT song for the VMAs.

Edited by All In My Head

1 hour ago, Famousheinous said:

Almost every dangerous woman review called Into You the height of the album. You can leave with your lies. 

Yea, and the song that almost nobody bought. EVEN IF a song is 'the height of the album' doesn't mean it's a good single. And Into You isn't even that so :cm:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Oxygen said:

You're right, it's better :cm: 

:cm:

• ATRL Moderator

Side to Side should've been the second single. It could've went #1 around the time Cheap Thrills went #1

Into You could've been saved for the third single

3 hours ago, Oxygen said:

You're right, it's better :cm: 

What a hot tea. :gaycat4:

moonlitdick
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Side to Side should've been the second single. It could've went #1 around the time Cheap Thrills went #1

Into You could've been saved for the third single

ok tea STS in its strongest final two weeks was doing better than Cheap Thrills in its strongest two final weeks when it went #1

5 hours ago, Famousheinous said:

Focus? Really? The song that almost made half the fanbase unstan?

Almost every dangerous woman review called Into You the height of the album. You can leave with your lies. 

Why do people hate Focus so much? It's amazing.

She should've release Side to Side around the time Cheap Thrills was #1. It would've went #1 for sure. Ughhh, she has the worst timing :jonny3: 

EDIT: Marvin already clocked this tea :rip: 

She could've had a #1 with Be Alright too, but she let the uglies tell her it's not as good as the snippet :fan: 

Edited by Mezter

No, but Side To Side might have gone #1 as the second single since there was less competition that time of year.

butterflysupreme
9 hours ago, Danixoxo said:

S2S would've worked as lead single, but please, atrl needs to let go of Into You :skull: The song is mediocre and the GP knew. It wouldn't have done any better. 

This!

S2S would've gotten blocked from #1 by work and panda and into you would've still performed similarly since the GP isn't her for pure pop

Side to Side, yes 

but Into You, no but it might have peaked in the top 5 at least (I guess)

followed by Be Alright, Greedy/Thinking Bout You and DW as the last single :alexz:

Side To Side yes, Into You, no. I don't get the obsession on here with IY, Dangerous Woman is her best single EVER and deservedly got lead single treatment.

Dangerous Woman was a good single and is one of, if not Ariana's only signature song at this point.

Into You was not going to see any more success than it did. Pure pop is out of style.

Side to Side deserved #1 tho #JusticeForSideToSide

She blew her load with Focus. That was her chance to get a high debut. If she put out Side to Side, with it's video instead it would've easily been one of her biggest hits.  

On 4/29/2017 at 8:15 PM, Redamancy said:

I mean.. Katy, Rihanna and Ariana are main pop girls. It would've worked, maybe. :cm: 

Lady Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Beyonce are now main pop girls

On 4/30/2017 at 9:44 PM, RudeBoyy said:

She blew her load

Word choice, dahling! :foxaylove2:

Into You would've peaked higher than Dangerous Woman in both situations I think. I would've gone Into You -> STS -> DW

Hmmmm, I think she would have been a lot closer if she came back with Into You instead of Focus. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.