Recurrent Spotify Streams of Past Hits

Ash12345

These are the streams of the 50 biggest Hot 100 hits that peaked in 2010 and their current (Mar 19, 2021) daily Spotify streams. I also recorded their daily streams on May 9, 2020, so you can compare how much they've increased.

HCvfnCK.jpg

rzkuXZc.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

I recorded the daily streams for all the big 2003-2018 peaking hits last May, so I'll be updating those with the current streams next, probably over the next month or so.

Bruno :rip: 

Bottoms Up used to be that song in 2010/11:jonny5:, it just aged terribly 

DJ Got Us Fallin in Love doing that much more than OMG:skull:

Taio pulling those numbers :eek: I mean Dynamite and BYH were THOSE songs back then but I would’ve never guessed people are still checking for them

Also, using @tanooki's spreadsheet, I calculate the 2010 songs with the most and least daily streams per Hot 100 point.

Top 10

1.3177 - Secrets
1.2168 - Breakeven
0.9068 - Animal
0.8978 - Not Afraid
0.8677 - Just The Way You Are
0.8400 - Cooler Than Me
0.7945 - Club Can't Handle Me
0.7821 - Sexy Bitch
0.7641 - Hey, Soul Sister
0.7222 - Replay

Bottom 10

0.3000 - Bedrock
0.2795 - Carry Out
0.2656 - We R Who We R
0.2176 - Say Aah
0.2079 - Your Love Is My Drug
0.1828 - OMG
0.1656 - I Like It
0.1644 - Find Your Love
0.1225 - How Low
0.0708 - Live Like We're Dying

Kris Allen in last place :mandown: @sickening

the real American Idol won, and homophobes can't stand it

QAL-Tour-Watch-Party-copy.jpg

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

3 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Kris Allen in last place :mandown: @sickening

the real American Idol won, and homophobes can't stand it

QAL-Tour-Watch-Party-copy.jpg

that fit whew :flame:

2011's 50 biggest hits and their current (Mar 21, 2021) daily Spotify streams, and comparison to May 10, 2020 streams. Also added Tanooki's points to the table, and calculate the streams vs Hot 100 points.

Osd81GU.jpg

PXJvLfN.jpg

Even if you include the streams from both versions of E.T., it's still the smash hit that has the worst recurrent streams. Party Rock Anthem didn't age particularly well either. Among the more mid-sized hits, Mr. Know It All seems very forgotten, and Tonight (I'm Lovin'/****in' You), Till The World Ends, Blow and Just A Kiss didn't fare too well either.

If you're surprised Stereo Hearts is the top song, that might be temporary, we'll see. Gym Class Heroes' 2005 hit, Cupid's Chokehold, has been going viral in the last couple weeks, and is doing over 1 million streams daily on Spotify Global, which has caused Stereo Hearts to also get a boost. Paradise has also been getting great recurrent streams, but that could be partly because the Spotify stats are global and Coldplay's hits are bigger in other countries than on the US Hot 100.

BTW Cupid's Chokehold is basically a cover of Supertramp's 1979 hit "Breakfast In America". That means they are arguably responsible for making two trash songs rise from the grave and dominate their respective years' (2005 & 2011) recurrent charts. Stream the superior discography here :gaycat5:

Great numbers for my dear Kesha. Tik Tok :heart2: We R Who we R :heart2: Your love is my drug :heart2: Blow :heart2:

Screaming at people listening to Taio Cruz in 2021 :deadbanana2:Back then people were absolutely sure those songs would be forgotten by 2013 :deadbanana2:

I don't think people realize how big Bruno is :deadbanana2:

Question to the OP: Did you include TOTGA acoustic? I was a bit shocked to find out it's one of Katy's biggest hits on Spotify. 

This is super interesting, thank you. I'm pretty shocked by Stereo Hearts and how well Kesha is still doing.

2012's 50 biggest hits and their current (Mar 25, 2021) daily Spotify streams, and comparison to May 10, 2020 streams.

XCKUZrv.jpg

N5RR5Xn.jpg

Sexy And I Know It has the worst recurrent streams among the smash hits.

Although the average increase for these 50 songs (+67%) was bigger than for the previous two years, the increases for the 3 most streamed songs of the year - STIUTK, Locked Out of Heaven and Payphone, were even greater.

Where Have You Been and Domino are continuing to benefit from big viral boosts, that they experienced in February and January respectively.

Edited by Ash12345

2013's 50 biggest hits and their current (Mar 27, 2021) daily Spotify streams, and comparison to May 11, 2020 streams.

gFHBWgi.jpg

bZfoMsg.jpg

Summertime Sadness posted the highest streams, which includes both the album and remix versions. Although it was surely boosted by Chemtrails Over the Country Club's release, it was still doing great numbers beforehand. Treasure and When I Was Your Man also got a decent boost from Leave The Door Open's success, but were also among the top performing songs of the year regardless.

Royals and Blurred Lines are underperforming somewhat considering how huge they were at the time. Despite Ribs not even making it onto the Hot 100, these days, that is the Lorde song that's being streamed the most. But Harlem Shake is by far more forgotten, which makes sense considering it's mostly just a soundtrack to a meme than something that was consumed like a "normal song".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.