UK: ‘Get Weird’ by Little Mix certified 3x Platinum

tbhmatt

This is their second studio album to be certified 3x platinum in the UK, after 2016’s ‘Glory Days’

Edited by tbhmatt

The ‘Get Weird’ era marked an incredible comeback for Little Mix after their second era ‘Salute’ ‘underperformed’

Black Magic topped the UK Single charts with a combined total of 113,000 sales in its opening week, including 1.19 million streams. It became their first UK Number 1 single since 2012’s ‘Wings’

Black Magic stayed at Number 1 for 3 consecutive weeks, with the 4th highest debut of the year in the UK and the biggest pre order sales of 2015.

Black Magic spent a total of 41 weeks on the UK Official Singles charts, making it their longest running chart hit ever. It is joint for their longest running Number 1 hit, with Shout Out To My Ex also spending 3 weeks at the top.

It is their highest charting single on the Billboard Hot 100 to date (but we won’t talk about where it peaked :rip:). It also peaked at #8 on the Australian Singles Chart.

The Get Weird Tour saw the girls perform across the UK, Europe, Oceania and Asia. It spanned 60 shows and sold approximately 377,682 tickets, grossing around $22.1 million.

The Get Weird Tour was also named the biggest arena tour of 2016 in the UK. 

The Get Weird album was the 11th biggest album of 2015 in the UK. It outsold One Direction’s Made In The AM in the UK,

which was also released in 2015.

The album also saw 2 more Top 10 singles in Hair feat Sean Paul and Secret Love Song feat Jason Derulo. Love Me Like You peaked at #11.

The Get Weird album is Little Mix’s second album to surpass 1 billion streams on Spotify. 

• ATRL Moderator

LEGENDS DID THAT WITH THEIR THIRD BEST ALBUM :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

The ‘Get Weird’ era marked an incredible comeback for Little Mix after their second era ‘Salute’ ‘underperformed’

Black Magic topped the UK Single charts with a combined total of 113,000 sales in its opening week, including 1.19 million streams. It became their first UK Number 1 single since 2012’s ‘Wings’

Black Magic stayed at Number 1 for 3 consecutive weeks, with the 4th highest debut of the year in the UK and the biggest pre order sales of 2015.

Black Magic spent a total of 41 weeks on the UK Official Singles charts, making it their longest running chart hit ever. It is joint for their longest running Number 1 hit, with Shout Out To My Ex also spending 3 weeks at the top.

It is their highest charting single on the Billboard Hot 100 to date (but we won’t talk about where it peaked :rip:). It also peaked at #8 on the Australian Singles Chart.

The Get Weird Tour saw the girls perform across the UK, Europe, Oceania and Asia. It spanned 60 shows and sold approximately 377,682 tickets, grossing around $22.1 million.

The Get Weird Tour was also named the biggest arena tour of 2016 in the UK. 

The Get Weird album was the 11th biggest album of 2015 in the UK. It outsold One Direction’s Made In The AM in the UK,

which was also released in 2015.

The album also saw 2 more Top 10 singles in Hair feat Sean Paul and Secret Love Song feat Jason Derulo. Love Me Like You peaked at #11.

The Get Weird album is Little Mix’s second album to surpass 1 billion streams on Spotify. 

YAS YAS YAS such a legendary time. This was my first era as a fan so it holds a particularly special place in my heart :jamming:

Look at how Little Legends survived the sophomore slump curse and become one of the biggest girlgroups ever in the UK :clap3: 

LIGHTNING IMPACT

this is a massive achievement :clap: Get Weird through to Glory Days was a massive time for them. they were true triple threats and they were smashing singles, albums and tours

i really hate the album title Get Weird though :rip: 

1 hour ago, NumbFentyStan said:

A.D.I.D.A.S. impact :clap3: 

I'm still not over this song!! everything about it is a whole a** slay!! :jonny5:

I remember week by week tense as **** for them on the X Factor, notorious for the public giving short shrift to girl bands, to them bucking the trend to become the first group to win and now 10 years later celebrating their second 3x Platinum album. 

I think that’s something only Leona Lewis ever achieved after winning, and One Direction after coming third, and they are still scoring #1 hits with arguably a higher profile and GP respect than ever. These little legends :clap3:

12 hours ago, Jessie said:

I remember week by week tense as **** for them on the X Factor, notorious for the public giving short shrift to girl bands, to them bucking the trend to become the first group to win and now 10 years later celebrating their second 3x Platinum album. 

I think that’s something only Leona Lewis ever achieved after winning, and One Direction after coming third, and they are still scoring #1 hits with arguably a higher profile and GP respect than ever. These little legends :clap3:

Truly the underdogs from day one. Watching their career grow over the past 10 years has been incredible, knowing how people have been rooting against them from day one. And they keep winning :jonny5:

They still have so much more to give as well :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.