Pop girls with the most certified albums/units in Italy

ariananext

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

she does have italian origins, but people don't consume music based on the artist's DNA :deadbanana4:

No... but there is definitely an assumed shared cultural connection, and Italian publications write fluff pieces. :deadbanana4: 

https://www.italymagazine.com/tags/lady-gaga

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

what do you mean with that?

The Italian public has a vested interest in her and her Italian heritage, not just her music. There are articles about her lineage, actual interviews with people she might be related to :deadbanana4:, as well as articles about more generic celebrity topics (House of Gucci, Music, Fashion, etc).

She is treated like an "Italian singer-actress who moved to America" instead of the conventional "American singer-actress who happens to be Italian".

1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

The Italian public has a vested interest in her and her Italian heritage, not just her music. There are articles about her lineage, actual interviews with people she might be related to :deadbanana4:, as well as articles about more generic celebrity topics (House of Gucci, Music, Fashion, etc).

She is treated like an "Italian singer-actress who moved to America" instead of the conventional "American singer-actress who happens to be Italian".

I don't know, I've never heard anybody around me talk about her being italian tbh, her fans obviously know and value that, but I don't think the public is more interested in her for that. She makes Italy-friendly music, she's built a big fanbase here and also is one of the most known celebrities, that's for sure, but I don't think her being italian plays such a huge part.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.