France: Shakira hits #5 with Girl Like Me

Hector

1 hour ago, Squall said:

So? Still a song from the BEP’s last album, I don’t care about the « + Shakira » instead of « feat. ».

And when was her last top 10? :skull: 

The BEP have always been more popular than Shakira here and by the way, the Diamond certification doesn’t mean anything anymore since the SNEP refuses to change the thresholds.

"I don't care about the + Shakira", Girl like Me is literally HER song that she wrote for HER own album :skull:

Also I'm sure BEP weren't riding the wave of Latin artists like J Balvin, who just had a #1 hit in France a few months prior the release of their lead single Ritmo.

And one last thing, El Dorado was certified Gold in France after 8 months, while Translation still hasn't been certified despite having "thee top 10 hits!!!" :heart:

13 minutes ago, Riot said:

"I don't care about the + Shakira", Girl like Me is literally HER song that she wrote for HER own album :skull:

Also I'm sure BEP weren't riding the wave of Latin artists like J Balvin, who just had a #1 hit in France a few months prior the release of their lead single Ritmo.

And one last thing, El Dorado was certified Gold in France after 8 months, while Translation still hasn't been certified despite having "thee top 10 hits!!!" :heart:

Still promoted as a BEP single, the GP doesn’t care about that :dies: 

This is their first album since TB (yeah I don’t count that back to basics album), so yeah of course they struggle a bit. The fact is their career is bigger than Shakira’s here. Kinda ironic you are coming at them for this since Shakira is constantly releasing those generic Spanish songs that are super popular here :skull: 

8 minutes ago, Squall said:

Still promoted as a BEP single, the GP doesn’t care about that :dies: 

This is their first album since TB (yeah I don’t count that back to basics album), so yeah of course they struggle a bit. The fact is their career is bigger than Shakira’s here. Kinda ironic you are coming at them for this since Shakira is constantly releasing those generic Spanish songs that are super popular here :skull: 

The GP cares actually, since she has been the main focal point for the music video and every single promotional image/video/article about this song. If someone like Karol G sang this, it wouldn't even have reached the top 200 on Spotify :skull:

BEP are literally riding the Latin/reggeaton wave with those "generic Spanish songs" that artists like Shakira have made popular in Europe in the first place

1 minute ago, Riot said:

The GP cares actually, since she has been the main focal point for the music video and every single promotional image/video/article about this song. If someone like Karol G sang this, it wouldn't even have reached the top 200 on Spotify :skull:

BEP are literally riding the Latin/reggeaton wave with those "generic Spanish songs" that artists like Shakira have made popular in Europe in the first place

No, they don’t care about her writing the song or it being initially on her 2009 album :dies: 

There is a reason this song is specifically smashing in France and the reason is pretty clear: the BEP (judging by their two previous singles), you want it or not. Shakira’s music is as easy as their and in the end, their album will outsell El Dorado despite a worse sales climate.

29 minutes ago, Squall said:

No, they don’t care about her writing the song or it being initially on her 2009 album :dies: 

There is a reason this song is specifically smashing in France and the reason is pretty clear: the BEP (judging by their two previous singles), you want it or not. Shakira’s music is as easy as their and in the end, their album will outsell El Dorado despite a worse sales climate.

Again, Karol G could've sung this song and it wouldn't have made any noise. You're starting to sound like those people who say that Shallow smashed because of Bradley :rip:

And the "worse sales climate" is not a valid excuse since El Dorado exclusively relied on streaming only, like any other modern Spanish album. That means that the album did better than BEP's because France actually cares about Shakira (see her 4 dates in France for the El Dorado World Tour, more than any other European country other than Spain).

Edited by Riot

Shakira chorus and choreo in the video made the song popular, nobody cares about BEP:rip: Ritmo was a hit thanks to J Balvin too. 

10 minutes ago, Riot said:

Again, Karol G could've sung this song and it wouldn't have made any noise. You're starting to sound like those people who say that Shallow smashed because of Bradley :rip:

And the "worse sales climate" is not a valid excuse since El Dorado exclusively relied on streaming only, like any other modern Spanish album. That means that the album did better than BEP's because France actually cares about Shakira (see her 4 dates in France for the El Dorado World Tour, more than any other European country other than Spain).

:dies:  It would have made noice since we are talking about France and the BEP

Also, it’s a secret for no one that the pandemic had an impact on sales and streams. Their album is almost gold in the same amount of time as El Dorado so not sure what you are talking about 

1 minute ago, BIAATCH said:

Shakira chorus and choreo in the video made the song popular, nobody cares about BEP:rip: Ritmo was a hit thanks to J Balvin too. 

Not in France :rip: 

Lol some people fuming!! 6 #1s in France?! Not everyone has that! 

7 hours ago, HeWolf said:

#1 - Whenever Wherever
#1 - Hips Dont Lie
#1 - Beautiful Liar
#1 - Waka Waka
#1 - Loca
#1 - Je l'aime à mourir
#2 - Underneath Your Clothes
#4 - She Wolf

#5 - Girl Like Me
#5 - Can't Remember to Forget You
#6 - Rabiosa
#7 - La Tortura
#10 - Objection
#11 - LaLaLa
#13 - Chantaje
#13 - Me Enamore
#15 - Ojos Asi
#15 - The One
#15 - Addicted to You

:clap3:

:WAP:

I’m just going to say that Fergi was the saving grace for BEP. They are CRINGE. 

This song’s success is fully accredited to Shakira - without a doubt. 

1 hour ago, Jmo21 said:

I’m just going to say that Fergi was the saving grace for BEP. They are CRINGE. 

This song’s success is fully accredited to Shakira - without a doubt. 

That's what some people in here don't want to understand.

7 hours ago, Squall said:

:dies:  It would have made noice since we are talking about France and the BEP

Also, it’s a secret for no one that the pandemic had an impact on sales and streams. Their album is almost gold in the same amount of time as El Dorado so not sure what you are talking about 

Not in France :rip: 

GLM charted higher than Mamacita and Ritmo, and it’s their 5th single. Why did Feel The Beat (third single) and Vida Loca (fourth single) make ZERO noise in France if they’re, apparently, very popular and relevant in that country? GLM is literally carried by Shakira, she made the song with the catchy/annoying chorus and her viral dancing (check TikTok). 

2 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

GLM charted higher than Mamacita and Ritmo, and it’s their 5th single. Why did Feel The Beat (third single) and Vida Loca (fourth single) make ZERO noise in France if they’re, apparently, very popular and relevant in that country? GLM is literally carried by Shakira, she made the song with the catchy/annoying chorus and her viral dancing (check TikTok). 

It’s not because an artist is popular that everything they release is going to smash, see with Hallucinate :skull: 

EDIT: Also, I don’t remember these songs being played here? They released that 3rd song when Mamacita was being played on loop

Edited by Squall

Imaging discrediting Shakira for this song when it went viral thanks to her dancing and skating, and literally the ENTIRE lyrics are about her. :biblio: 

Next they will come and say Shakira owns her career to Wyclef Jean and Freshlyground. :rip: 

Shakira's haters really are the laziest ive seen, they need to at least put some effort. :sorry:

Edited by HeWolf

The way she's smashing in a country where she's always been huge, and that simple fact is making people fume. Whew, her power in France :jonny:

9 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Imaging discrediting Shakira for this song when it went viral thanks to her dancing and skating, and literally the ENTIRE lyrics are about her. :biblio: 

Next they will come and say Shakira owns her career to Wyclef Jean and Freshlyground. :rip: 

Shakira's haters really are the laziest ive seen, they need to at least put some effort. :sorry:

No one ever said that but keep reaching :rip: 

Imagine doubting Shakira's power in France :ahh: learn to choose your battles.

OT: Ugh a legend! Imagine if she tried? :jonny:

On 2/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, HeWolf said:

#1 - Whenever Wherever
#1 - Hips Dont Lie
#1 - Beautiful Liar
#1 - Waka Waka
#1 - Loca
#1 - Je l'aime à mourir
#2 - Underneath Your Clothes
#4 - She Wolf

#5 - Girl Like Me
#5 - Can't Remember to Forget You
#6 - Rabiosa
#7 - La Tortura
#10 - Objection
#11 - LaLaLa
#13 - Chantaje
#13 - Me Enamore
#15 - Ojos Asi
#15 - The One
#15 - Addicted to You

:clap3:

On 2/15/2021 at 12:49 PM, Riot said:

Shakira is credited as the lead artist too, considering that this is a scrapped song from her own album She Wolf. France really loves her since she has more #1 hits than BEP and her last lead single was certified Diamond :clap3:

But she doesn’t has a Top 10 since 2014 while BEP have two last year. :mandown:

congrats BEP :clap3:

7 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

And the last album by BEP that received a certification in France was from 2010, while every single album released by Shakira during the last decade was certified at least Gold, including her live album (one of them is even Diamond).

BEP played really smart when they released singles which feature bigger Latin artists like J Balvin or Shakira #ThankYouLatinos :clap3:

16 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

Who cares about chart positions? As if Me Enamore and Chantaje were just 3 spots from top 10 is a big deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.