18 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love (9PM)
19 Fredo feat. Dave - Money Talks
20 Dua Lipa - We're Good *

Edited by Renan90

Thinking Of You
3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

idgi.

but tiktok does what it will

Why is it that when a rap song (which is the most consumed genre at the moment) or black artist goes #1, it’s always because of TikTok?

5 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

Why is it that when a rap song (which is the most consumed genre at the moment) or black artist goes #1, it’s always because of TikTok?

Screenshot_2017_01_22_at_2_22_37_PM.thum

i mean, drivers license went to #1 because of tiktok but ok.

lil tjay's highest songs as a lead: US #56, UK #65

6lack: US #57, UK #60

1 minute ago, Squall said:

You are ridiculous.

So they count TV as a new entry too?

Why?

OT good start for Dua :clap3: 

BOOM! #1 single for 6lack he was way overdue one anyways. east atlanta love letters was amazing

Screenshot_2017_01_22_at_2_22_37_PM.thum

41 minutes ago, lover. said:

These British ****s need to give Taylor a second #1. She’s overdue. 

She’s not that big here... 

Her albums tend to do good numbers, but none of her singles would really be considered classics here. It makes sense she’s only got 1 

3 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

IKR? TikTok is like the most organic thing :dies: Like no one can pay to have a song viral on TikTok (Camila tried and failed)

26 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

Her albums tend to do good numbers, but none of her singles would really be considered classics here. It makes sense she’s only got 1 

I mean that may be true, but for that #1 to be Look What You Made Me Do :toofunny3:

33 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

You literally contradicted yourself back-to-back :rip: 

“She’s not that big here, but her albums (the most important metric) do good numbers” :rofl: (not to mention she’s performed multiple stadiums in the UK). Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

Anyway, I think Love Story will end up quite a bit lower. I just hope it can crack the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

You literally contradicted yourself back-to-back :rip: 

“She’s not that big here, but her albums (the most important metric) do good numbers” :rofl: (not to mention she’s performed multiple stadiums in the UK). Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

Anyway, I think Love Story will end up quite a bit lower. I just hope it can crack the top 10.

Girl I wasn’t shading. I was explaining why she’s not got many #1- which is a literal fact. 

I feel as though you’re acting ignorant on purpose, but in case you’re not, I’ll expand on my point and spell it out for you. :)

I said she’s not big enough in my country (the UK :cm:) to have multiple #1 singles. That is a claim evidenced by hard facts. If it was not true, then she’s have more #1 songs.  

I then expanded on that to say where Taylor does do well is with albums - all since Red have shifted units. In spite of that, she’s not the kind of artist people here bop to either for current hits on the radio, or for her past “classics” (of which the closet to one she has here is probably Love Story or 22), so much so that no song of hers besides the much-hyped ‘Look What You Made Me Do’, has hit #1. This is further evidenced by the fact her albums continue to perform well regardless of whether there is a hit single attached (folklore did very well compared to lover and rep for example, arguably better). 

My point boils down to that Taylor is an albums artist in the UK. Her singles aren’t typically as big as the other MPGs here, hence not having as many number ones. This was only even bought up so I could explain to that user something they might not know, given it didn’t sound like they were from the UK. I don’t think that was hard to understand in my original comment, but in case it was, I hope you understand now. :heart:

ot: we’re good not so good :biblio:

littlebodybigheart
37 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

Girl I wasn’t shading. I was explaining why she’s not got many #1- which is a literal fact. 

I feel as though you’re acting ignorant on purpose, but in case you’re not, I’ll expand on my point and spell it out for you. :)

I said she’s not big enough in my country (the UK :cm:) to have multiple #1 singles. That is a claim evidenced by hard facts. If it was not true, then she’s have more #1 songs.  

I then expanded on that to say where Taylor does do well is with albums - all since Red have shifted units. In spite of that, she’s not the kind of artist people here bop to either for current hits on the radio, or for her past “classics” (of which the closet to one she has here is probably Love Story or 22), so much so that no song of hers besides the much-hyped ‘Look What You Made Me Do’, has hit #1. This is further evidenced by the fact her albums continue to perform well regardless of whether there is a hit single attached (folklore did very well compared to lover and rep for example, arguably better). 

My point boils down to that Taylor is an albums artist in the UK. Her singles aren’t typically as big as the other MPGs here, hence not having as many number ones. This was only even bought up so I could explain to that user something they might not know, given it didn’t sound like they were from the UK. I don’t think that was hard to understand in my original comment, but in case it was, I hope you understand now. :heart:

this makes a lot of sense tbh

16 hours ago, DiamondHoe said:

She's way bigger than the girls with 5+ #1s in the UK...

Her early career was country and the uk gp was into electropop at that time...the fearless singles still did extremely well in the uk

During 1989/RED era, she shunned streaming which affected her a LOT.

She would have easily had 4 more #1 singles if she just put her songs up on ****ing spotify.

Taylor's biggest singles in the UK:

#1. LWYMMD (13 weeks)

#2. SIO (55 weeks)

#2. Love Story (44 weeks)

#2. IKYWT (40 weeks)

#3. Me! (15 weeks)

#3. Willow (9 weeks; still charting)

#4. BS (32 weeks)

#4. BB (16 weeks)

#4. WANEGBT (32 weeks)

#5. IDWLF (22 weeks)

#5. YNTCD (15 weeks)

16 hours ago, DiamondHoe said:

No you lied and got clocked which is a consistent trend with you and Taylor.

Shake It Off didn't go #1 and yet made the decade end list over a bunch of #1s. And UK #1s during the digital era are mostly meaningless because of pre-order fraud while 1989 single peaks were hurt because of no Spotify.

Certified single units in the UK: 

Taylor Swift: 13,800,000

Lady Gaga: 13,200,000

:clown:

zf9EQCp.png

Official Singles/Albums Chart Update Top 100
Source: OCC
Missing Data:

Top 100 Singles

1 Lil Tjay & 6LACK - Calling My Phone (20,799) *
2 Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license (19,529)
3 Nathan Evans, 220 KID & Billen Ted - Wellerman (15,078)
4 Anne-Marie, KSI & Digital Farm Animals - Don't Play (12,782)
5 Taylor Swift - Love Story (Taylor's Version) (11,672) *

6-10
10 Riton & Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday

11-20
19 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love (9PM)

21-30
23 Dua Lipa - We're Good
25 The Cast of RuPaul's Drag Race UK, Season 2 - UK Hun? *
29 Ava Max - My Head & My Heart
30 Central Cee - Commitment Issues *

31-40
32 Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby - Levitating
33 Rita Ora, David Guetta & Imanbek feat. Gunna - Big *
34 Headie One feat. Burna Boy - Siberia *
35 slowthai feat. Skepta - CANCELLED *
38 P!nk & Willow Sage Hart - Cover Me In Sunshine *
39 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 slowthai - TYRON (9,711) *
2 Pale Waves - Who Am I? (5,222) *
3 Foo Fighters - Medicine at Midnight (4,286)
4 The Pretty Reckless - Death by Rock and Roll (4,020) *
5 David Bowie - Look at the Moon! (3,460) *

6-10
6 Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
10 Taylor Swift - evermore

11-20
20 Inglorious - We Will Ride *

21-30
21 The Band - Stage Fright ^
23 Weezer - OK Human *
30 Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection ^

31-40
34 Sia - Music - Songs From and Inspired By the Motion Picture *
35 Headie One - EDNA ^

Drag Race UK about to debut higher than a Dua Lipa single :WAP: the better song won

Ava keeps rising :soda:a future top 20 I fear

• ATRL Moderator

UK Hun :clap3: 

Are the two different versions combined for chart points?  Or is it only the United Kingdoll version?

1 minute ago, jpow said:

UK Hun :clap3: 

Are the two different versions combined for chart points?  Or is it only the United Kingdoll version?

Just the Kingdolls, it was the same with the Frock Destroyers too.

4 hours ago, IStanHard said:

No you lied and got clocked which is a consistent trend with you and Taylor.

Shake It Off didn't go #1 and yet made the decade end list over a bunch of #1s. And UK #1s during the digital era are mostly meaningless because of pre-order fraud while 1989 single peaks were hurt because of no Spotify.

Certified single units in the UK: 

Taylor Swift: 13,800,000

Lady Gaga: 13,200,000

:clown:

Oh wow :soda: Imagine if she was a singles artist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.