"34+35" tops Pop Airplay, blocks Lonely and makes history

Green

Ariana Grande Replaces Herself Atop Pop Airplay Chart as '34+35' Dethrones 'Positions'

She's the first artist to succeed herself at No. 1 as the only act credited on both tracks.

Ariana Grande maintains the top spot on Billboard's Pop Airplay chart but switches out leaders, as "34+35" jumps 4-1 (on the survey dated Feb. 13), replacing "Positions," which dominated for seven weeks.

As Grande adds her eighth Pop Airplay No. 1, she becomes the first artist to have succeeded oneself at the summit as the only act credited on both tracks. (A remix of "34+35" with Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion, released Jan. 15, has not received enough play for the rappers to be credited on the song on the Pop Airplay chart.)

Prior to Grande, four acts supplanted themselves atop Pop Airplay, which ranks weekly plays, as tabulated by MRC Data, on a panel of over 160 mainstream top 40 radio stations.

Halsey last swapped songs at No. 1 when "Eastside," with Benny Blanco and Khalid, replaced her own "Without Me" in March 2019.

Grande was involved in the last such switch before Halsey's, as Grande's "Problem," featuring Iggy Azalea, took over for Azalea's "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, in July 2014.

Previously, OutKast's "The Way You Move," featuring Sleepy Brown, ended the Pop Airplay reign of the pair's "Hey Ya!" in 2004, while Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day," with Boyz II Men, replaced her own "Fantasy" at No. 1 in 1995.

(Honorable mention to Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine: "Stereo Hearts," by Gym Class Heroes featuring Levine, directly followed Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger," featuring Christina Aguilera, to No. 1 in 2011.)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9522731/ariana-grande-34-35-tops-pop-airplay-chart/

(+1) 34+35: 17.954 (+187) | 83.770 (+0.471)

(-1) Lonely: 17.844 (-80) | 80.033 (-0.152)

3. positions: 16.970 (-152) | 81.264 (-0.801)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quitedangerous

• ariananext

• littlebodybigheart

• Green

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever one reaches #1 this week, it'll casually drop like an avalanche starting next week :fan:

30 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Whichever one reaches #1 this week, it'll casually drop like an avalanche starting next week :fan:

Lonely is already dropping despite of getting massive updates the last days  :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Well that's how scooter's payola works :giraffe:

Lonely is gonna get it

IWK6.gif

26 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

of course it did

truly, since Ariana is a certified hitmaker

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

of course it did

did you expect any less from one of the biggest hitmakers of our years? the GP loves her music, they stream and want to listen to her amazing voice, no news here

tenor.gif

Ariana's Pop Radio #1's:

Problem

Side to Side

No tears left to cry

God is a woman

Thank U, Next

7 rings

Positions

34+35

littlebodybigheart
11 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

truly, since Ariana is a certified hitmaker

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, ariananext said:

did you expect any less from one of the biggest hitmakers of our years? the GP loves her music, they stream and want to listen to her amazing voice, no news here

tenor.gif

LMFAOOOO

Just now, littlebodybigheart said:

LMFAOOOO

no it's trew it's trew mr.Martinez stan

tenor.gif

littlebodybigheart
1 minute ago, quitedangerous said:

no it's trew it's trew mr.Martinez stan

tenor.gif

lol okay! awesome!

Ariana's been making hits for 8 years and they still try to harass us when we celebrate her success huh? ponytail really has the 0,39 cent stans PRESSED :WAP:

1 minute ago, littlebodybigheart said:

lol okay! awesome!

the meltdown over the woman who has had a top 10 hit every year since 2013

tenor.gif

we love a hitmaker who collects radio hits left and right

tenor.gif

54 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

51 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Well that's how scooter's payola works :giraffe:

:cm:

1 minute ago, quitedangerous said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

and they last more than one week in the top 30, insane right

tenor.gif

Just now, FutureNostalgia said:

:cm:

a Dua stan talking about payola now?

tenor.gif

I've seen enough

tenor.gif

littlebodybigheart
2 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

i mean, i’m chilling and there’s no meltdown here. lol. none of these popstars pay my bills so idc. you’re the one going off about stats and hits and blahblah like you’re on payroll after me posting “of course it is” :rip:

Just now, littlebodybigheart said:

i mean, i’m chilling and there’s no meltdown here. lol. none of these popstars pay my bills so idc. you’re the one going off about stats and hits and blahblah like you’re on payroll after me posting “of course it is” :rip:

girl you're on ATRL, where you expecting philosophy essay? log out :deadbanana4:

I can sense your fumes from my computer screen

tenor.gif

OT: 69 smasha

tenor.gif

littlebodybigheart
4 minutes ago, ariananext said:

girl you're on ATRL, where you expecting philosophy essay? log out :deadbanana4:

i stopped replying to you for a reason. you don’t sound too smart!

4 minutes ago, quitedangerous said:

I can sense your fumes from my computer screen

tenor.gif

OT: 69 smasha

tenor.gif

lol i just KNOW no person with friends and/or a job would be typing like this and looking to argue for literally no reason. it’s sad

anyway, y’all must be really insecure about something because you’re ready to JUMP at any slight comment. lmao. like...you deep down know that she’s being payola’d to death and anything anybody says you’re insecure enough to try to “defend!!!!”

either way i said what i said and i’m not reading anything else from y’all so...

lol i just KNOW no person with friends and/or a job would be typing like this and looking to argue for literally no reason. it’s sad

anyway, y’all must be really insecure about something because you’re ready to JUMP at any slight comment. lmao. like...you deep down know that she’s being payola’d to death and anything anybody says you’re insecure enough to try to “defend!!!!”

either way i said what i said and i’m not reading anything else from y’all so...

personal attacks I see :clap3: thanks for showing us your true colours!

3 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

all the personal attacks in this post

tenor.gif

did we hit a nerve?

tenor.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.