South Korea best selling albums of 2016

Formation

3 hours ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Where's Beyonce in the top 10? :doc: I was told she was the biggest pop girl in Korea @MingYouToo

Beyoncé is the biggest western pop girl in korea, everyone there worships her and a lot of idols copy her

sidenote, omg at twice? snsd's records are going to be obliterated one by one

Edited by bijonse

7 hours ago, Formation said:

29. Adele - 19 1742

7 hours ago, Formation said:

10. Adele -21 3283

:jonny:  

Troye :eek: Gaga :rip:  

20. Coldplay - A Head Full Of Dreams 2683

how do you only sell 2700 copies but manage to sell out the Seoul stadium twice? :deadbanana3:

How do South Korean consume music? 

On 1/31/2017 at 3:03 AM, AALIYAH DANA said:

Where's Beyonce in the top 10? :doc: I was told she was the biggest pop girl in Korea @MingYouToo

dddd ur so bothered by KingB. :rip:

Adele can stay slaying sales while SNSD and other top idols worship the ground Bey walks on.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:09 PM, Superpower said:

20. Coldplay - A Head Full Of Dreams 2683

how do you only sell 2700 copies but manage to sell out the Seoul stadium twice? :deadbanana3:

How do South Korean consume music? 

Streaming 

no one buys albums there

need to implement streaming at a higher rate than sales 

6 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

dddd ur so bothered by KingB. :rip:

Adele can stay slaying sales while SNSD and other top idols worship the ground Bey walks on.

I don't think I've ever even seen SNSD talk about Beyonce, so they obv don't talk about her that much. :rip:

6 hours ago, fememeist said:

Streaming 

no one buys albums there

need to implement streaming at a higher rate than sales 

Their album sales are actually incredibly healthy for such a small country. Foreign stars just have weak stats because there's no reason to buy their albums multiple times (for example, each The Boys album came with 1 random member photo card, which got a lot of people double-dipping) and they don't export album sales the way most international fans will ship out Korean albums that get them counted for again.

2 minutes ago, BlazingLovatic said:

I don't think I've ever even seen SNSD talk about Beyonce, so they obv don't talk about her that much. :rip:

They once said they want to be 9 Beyonce's. The Hive brings this up all the time despite SNSD being one of the biggest examples of Britney's impact and influence.

Ariana doing so well. :fan:

All the k-pop idols from Tiffany to Hyuna to Seohyun to Hyoyeon and more love her. :fan:

On 1/30/2017 at 11:03 AM, AALIYAH DANA said:

_

Bey, Lay, and EXO :clap3:

19 hours ago, Eternium said:

Their album sales are actually incredibly healthy for such a small country. Foreign stars just have weak stats because there's no reason to buy their albums multiple times (for example, each The Boys album came with 1 random member photo card, which got a lot of people double-dipping) and they don't export album sales the way most international fans will ship out Korean albums that get them counted for again.

They once said they want to be 9 Beyonce's. The Hive brings this up all the time despite SNSD being one of the biggest examples of Britney's impact and influence.

not when SNSD has members who can sing.

24 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

????

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

They also have members who are literate. What's your point?

Anyway, here's their debut:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.