1 minute ago, miguel said:

auburn is ginger

:flame: 

Sade - No Ordinary Love

Weyes Blood - Movies

Angel Olsen - Chance

these serves 

https://i.imgur.com/JuSc8Ul.png

No Ordinary Love - one of her best for sure, and a clear case of talent winning. love the contrast of the aquatic, dreamy production with the guitar. earns every second of its runtime

Loft music - this is so damn repetitive and it goes nowhere then it has a 3 minute wailing session :deadbanana:definitely not worth its 6 minutes

Movies - SOOOOOOOOOOOOO overdone in games section but i'll try to overlook it because it's actually an amazing song. but come up w/ something else PLEASE

Wild time - maybe because it's less overplayed but this feels like the superior weyes song this round (sorry but i always have to compare them ihih). very earthy and emotional. very joni. beautiful lyrics and even though it's not very deep, it offers a cute insight into ~~society~~. really dig it

Last ride - Cute but far from their best and it drags a bit, never cared at all for the last 3 songs or so from this record. But definitely not the worst here.

Chance - ummmm i usually really like this album but i admit i haven't listened to it in a hot second and it's just.... not hitting like it should? this is very overly melodramatic and it just doesn't stack up to the rest of these songs....

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/152851921_874032603157628_6960411314670783906_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=PfWh64V-dsMAX_WpsBH&tp=1&oh=91d3ad6acce7149ae11b1d5153ef7c36&oe=605DE641         https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/152302351_245586140564115_671154975411072020_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=1yaPuBO268UAX_rxMcF&tp=1&oh=92f8e51115aa64e45d3b98df36af3174&oe=605CA37C

@Fruity @Rence @Sanguine @luckystrike @miguel   @touya kinomoto

critiques

short this time because yeh i'm exhausted from some of these songs tenor.thumb.gif.8eebd718bd6b30b60aab8ad3be392ffb.gif

Sade - No Ordinary Love: hmmmmmm okay her style is cute here

The Weeknd - Loft Music: it's a shame after hours was already used. this became rly annoying to me by the end

Weyes Blood - Movies: overdone in the games section indeed, but kind of epic

Weyes Blood - Wild Time: one of the weaker songs on the album i think?? it's not rly for me

Beach House - Last Ride: this is incredibly relaxing and ambient. i liked it

Angel Olsen - Chance: her vocal is extremely grating to me

Il61LpL.png?width=353&height=450

Sade - No Ordinary Love

I can totally get why the ginger in the judges panel stans because this was quite beautiful. Stunning vocally, and the instrumental is perfect as well. It's really only that I have more personal favorites this round that I might prefer those, but this is amazing on its own.

The Weeknd - Loft Music

Oh boy.. where do I start with this. In a round where 5/6 songs are possible #1s.. this sticks out for not being in contention at all. Half of this song is just Abel yelling random sounds, and the first half is rather awkward. Stacked up against these beautiful songs, where the length feels deserved, this is.. rather awkward. Perhaps the most awkward thing was that we hinted on many great songs before the round went up.. and you decided.. to go with this

start begging baby girl!

tenor.gif?itemid=10439330

Weyes Blood - Movies

I guess because this site might have a weird hate for Weyes, idk how this or wild time will do but I quite obviously stan. The moment I listened to Titanic Rising for the first time I was immediately grabbed by just how stunning it is. Movies is incredibly eventful from start to finish. This feeling of hope and believing in better things has been captured so well throughout the album and this really is no exception. 

I'm literally ****ing crying rn and I'm not even joking

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

to say that Titanic Rising, and its message, has aged well is an understatement. Little did the musical reincarnation of Jesus know that about a year after she released titanic rising, we would arrive in the cursed year that's 2020. From a pandemic to heated election to many more major world events. Wild Time captures this feeling incredibly well. It's cherishing and loving things around you in a broken world. Centuries from now people will still explore this new bible and will go over just how genius Weyes was when she dropped this album

jesus ****ing christ I'm still crying

Beach House - Last Ride

Well it is very smart to look at Beach House for some stuff. They have plenty of long songs. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they have more songs that hit this rounds brief then that they don't. Anyways love this as always. They just really know how to DREAMPOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps not my fav BH song ever, but this is lovely nevertheless

Angel Olsen - Chance

She's no Weyes but this is still beautiful. It's very cinematic and gorgeous. 

overall: this round.. I know we hinted a lot but whew yall ATE

No Ordinary Love: a bit of a classic huh :lilbit: i love that it never flatlines, it’s always changing and it keeps you soooo intrigued for 7 minutes

Loft Music: it’s a no from me love, it was already boring and then it got worse towards the second half 

Movies: this won some seasons ago for a reason, it’s very haunting and quite stunning, and the ending is so nice whew

Wild Time: this is no Movies imo, it’s okay but it’s definitely not as interesting and i kinda wanted to skip after the 3 minute mark, it’s not bad by any means though 

Last Ride: wow this was nice, i really liked it since the intro and it never bored me tbh, very cute 

Chance: this is just fine, it’s not as interesting as some others here but it’s not the worst definitely 

If I fits I sits": Funny cat memes to prove cats are a liquid – Film Daily

miguel's critiques

No Ordinary Love - this is actually very pretty and soothing; her voice sounds very nice and the instrumental compliments her very well.

Loft Music - this is nice but i feel like The Weeknd alone has better options than this (ej: After Hours). After the 4 minute mark it really doesn't go anywhere or does anything, and to be honest the moaning or whatever he's trying to do is rather annoying fff.

Movies - like I already said on discord, this song is very overused in the games section, and should've stayed in the banned songs list. That said, it's still a very beautiful and ethereal song. The production build-up is literally genius, and her voice sounds gorgeous.

Wild Time - this would do better if it didn't come right after/wasn't in the same round as Movies, to be honest. It's the obvious weaker song out of both and probably one of the weaker songs of the round in general. It's nice but it doesn't do all that much for me, would probably like it better as a shorter 3/4 minute song than the whole 6 minutes it actually is.

Last Ride - this started out quite boring and uneventful but wheewwwww, when it started to build I was very captivated. I guess this is a very strong round overall but this will be in my top 5 for sure :kii6:

Chance - the intro is very awkward and clunky to be honest, but when the instrumental kicks in it absolutely makes the song. It's up there with Movies as probably the most ethereal song of the round; I love how it slows down only to start building up again :winnie:. Literal genius instrumental.

7sMgTC5.png

SADE - NO ORDINARY LOVE

This is really gorgeous, but it's not one of the songs here that I have a big attachment to. Still really epic and great, though.

THE WEEKND - LOFT MUSIC

This sounds so cheap and mixtape-y, but not in a flattering way. Easily the Weekst song here for me I'm so sorry!!!!!

WEYES BLOOD - Movies

I mean we've had this sent 3945037298439 times in games, and it's still incredible.

WEYES BLOOD - WILD TIME

Definitely a standout on the album, the production is probably my favorite next to "Everyday".

BEACH HOUSE - LAST RIDE

https://voca.ro/1ht8qkXy8vkX

ANGEL OLSEN - CHANCE

The way this build up >>>>>>>> Yes ma'am

4qKCCVM.png

NO ORDINARY LOVE :

smooth and sophisticated sounding, also doesn't sound AGED like most of these older songs can tend to do. Sade is hit or miss for me because i can get bored easily... like i need something exciting to cut it and keep me engaged. I was a bit afraid this would venture into elevator/evening wine bar territory, but fortunately this song has enough interesting elements throughout that it justifies its length.

LOFT MUSIC :

really terrible decision to send something from his earlier work.  i don't find his mixtape trilogy, or even his first "real album" to be good at all... they're actually kind of offensively bad, especially in hindsight (i'm glad that even though he still talks about the same subject matter now its been reeled in somewhat and at least has interesting production to help support it).  anyway this just really sticks out in a weird way for me, i'm not finding anything that feels special here, like a really basic, forgotten album track from some random soundcloud singer and the outro annoyed me

MOVIES :

okay cinematic queen.  i find it so easy to just get lost in this song, the production is so animated but dreamy, its sort of like what you'd hear if you just saw the album artwork alone.  the lyrics are so simple but somehow she presents them in this profound way fjjfjf like read to me queen

WILD TIME :

LKJDSFLJS queeen, this is the superior song for me.  utterly beautiful from start to finish.  long songs are intimidating to me but i could listen to this forever.  there's so much depth and weight to everything she says and it lingers there for minutes afterwards.  i'm also more of a fan of these somewhat folksy/guitar driven songs (justice for Julia Holter and/or Soccer Mommy btw) so to me this stands out even more.  who WOULDN'T want to walk around a dilapidated park, cutting through the construction site, lamenting in the loss of environment as you BLAST this for eternity. you won :jonny: im obsessed obsessed, no like... obsessed /clue vocaroo voice

bitch the BRIDGE LKSJDFJ

ok

LAST RIDE :

someone once said every beach house release is just one long song, well thank the lucky stars that those songs are good.  i'm glad BH was sent at all honestly, i was afraid they'd be overlooked.  this is a slow burner but its mesmerizing anyway.  something about the singers' voice is so unique to me, helping them to standout.  anyway its the production for me too :wap: like come on MYSTICAL mid-autumn meadow, transitioning into this like grunge scene Seattle suburban street crawl with flickering streetlights. i wish we had a round that was all songs like this/weyes/judge's taste songs earlier

CHANCE :

no i get the appeal  for sure, but i'll take this chance to say that i don't have the same love for Angel Olsen as others in this section.  however... this is definitely a sweeping, cinematic ballad that has a sort of vintage feel, which is nice. it's the vocal for me tho

good job

we need a dreamy folk round next methinks

Sade - No Ordinary Love: Very nice

The Weeknd - Loft Music: This has one of the strongest first halves of the round, but around that 3:30 mark... nope! I've heard enough

Weyes Blood - Movies: The second half of this album is a bit of a drag at times ngl, this song is decent just well, too long :kii6:

Weyes Blood - Wild Time: More interesting than Movies for me

Beach House - Last Ride: Another really pretty song

Angel Olsen - Chance: Not as good as I remembered ehhhh

Thank_you_Fergie_grateful.gif since it WON'T EMBED

fmUxipA.png

SADE - NO ORDINARY LOVE

one of the best songs of all time from one of the best albums of all time, it’s the longest song here yet it’s the least of a chore to get through :jonny:

THE WEEKND - LOFT MUSIC

it’s a drag to get thru tbh, around the 3 minute mark I looked at the time and was surprised it was only half-over

RequiredSourIrrawaddydolphin-small.gif

WEYES BLOOD - MOVIES

I think it’s engaging enough to be this long, but I’m not fully captivated by it the entire time, still good though

WEYES BLOOD - WILD TIME

another one I find a bit boring to be quite honest with you, this could have ended after like 4-5 minutes for me, her voice wasn’t as pleasing to my ears here as the previous one though

BEACH HOUSE - LAST RIDE

this is quite nice, I think there are moments that could be trimmed/enhanced to make me feel more engaged, but it was beautifully produced regardless

ANGEL OLSEN - CHANCE

I wasn’t sold on this much at first, but when the chorus hit, it really elevated the song for me, so I’m good with this

Sade - No Ordinary Love

this kept getting better, I didn't even notice that it was that long.  Also I live for the guitar :minho:

The Weeknd - Loft Music

an iconic song with huge cultural impact, anyone who hates it is plain racist.

Weyes Blood - Movies

whewwww I live for this song, I'm ascending to this

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

yes Weyes yes excellence, I like this one too

Beach House - Last Ride

took a while to get there but that dream pop sound is really pretty

Angel Olsen - Chance

still not a big fan of her vocals but the chorus won me over :fewpoints:

Edited by Rence

omqXTk5.gifNqTmio5.png

I have a confession to make. I don't really like listening to long songs on purpose because of my ADHD. However, I wil try my best to send constructive and sensible critiques.

Sade - No Ordinary Love

• As usual her voice is just gorgeous. Plus the simple yet sultry production puts the attention on her vocal delivery and makes it a successful song.

The Weeknd - Loft Music

• The thing is there is a great song here. In the first three minutes actually. However, the latter half is just 3 minutes of almost nothingness. Looking at the critiques, well...
Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Weyes Blood - Movies

• I may not be a stan but I will always be here for Miss Ice Flood. This is one of the highlights on the album for me. It's an aptly-titled song as it is cinematic and dramatic with a perfect ending :eli: @Not Like The Movies

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

• It's not Movies but it is a close second for me this round. The lyrics perfectly describes the state of the world right now though it was released a year before all **** blew up. Nostradamus whomst've?!?

Beach House - Last Ride 

• This is a slow burner. I just think that it took too long before it hits the right spot but I guess the wait was worth it because when the climax came, it came hard.

Angel Olsen - Chance

• I know the others has said it before but yeah, this doesn't hit as hard as used to. The production is still a highlight for me, serving 50s/60s ballad. Her vocals ia still not it for me. But yeah idk know what change why it doesn't hit like it used to when it first came out. Maybe because I am paying too much attention to it idk idk.

14 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

Weyes Blood - Movies

• I may not be a stan but I will always be here for Miss Ice Flood. This is one of the highlights on the album for me. It's an aptly-titled song as it is cinematic and dramatic with a perfect ending :eli: @Not Like The Movies

period! :jonny5:

6 hours ago, Rence said:

Sade - No Ordinary Love

this kept getting better, I didn't even notice that it was that long.  Also I live for the guitar :minho:

your taste

2 hours ago, touya kinomoto said:

Sade - No Ordinary Love

• As usual her voice is just gorgeous. Plus the simple yet sultry production puts the attention on her vocal delivery and makes it a successful song.

your taste [2]

nb7z08h.png

Sade - No Ordinary Love

ok so to be honest i thought i was gonna hate it because i didnt like her song(s) that was sent earlier in the season at all

but this one.. she surprised me with this. i absolutely enjoyed it and its so beautiful and dreamy indeed

like i thought i was gonna be bored because it is 7 mins long but i didn't so yea nice job here <3

The Weeknd - Loft Music

no like i decided as the song began that i was not gonna like it and when it went on, it just didn't work for me

like this is not it at all. as everybody has stated, after 3 minutes mark, its just nothing. there's nothing to save this song ooh

Weyes Blood - Movies

this is one of the songs that keep getting better and better as it goes on. i feel blessed and i feel like i'm in heaven listening to this

i was not rlly sold on it in the first verse but then like i said before, it kept getting better and i was IN :weeps: what a legend

Weyes Blood - Wild Time

so my opinion on this song is quite different from movies cause with this song, i love it from the start to the end :weeps:

like its one of the standout tracks to me when i first listened to the album and i'm just so happy to see it being used here

i feel like its just so beautiful and breathtaking whewwwwwwww

Beach House - Last Ride

this is beautiful yes. i love the dreamy production but thats it. i don't have anything else to say about this song

i guess its pretty there for me hmmm....

Angel Olsen - Chance

omg yall don't know that i'm OBSESSED :weeps: inserts clue's vocaroo

idk this song has that element that makes me feel drawn to like every time i listen to it, i get emotional sobs

amazing song and amazing closer to this round <3

IkUmVC2.png

ApwZe5J.png?width=636&height=587

Sade - No Ordinary Love - An amazing song from their best album!! I just love the contrast between her low and soulful voice with the chill watery production. The way I don’t even notice this is the longest song in the round, like I just wanna play it again :jonny2:

The Weeknd - Loft Music - Yeah now I would actually like to play No Ordinary Love again :biblio: This is just not good at all. There are some interesting elements here and there but the beat is so basic, his vocals uninteresting and the switch up is so unnecessary??? Like you can’t possibly have listened to it and thought yeah this is the song that’s gonna get me to the top 5 in Vanishing Letters 8, makes no cents... 

Weyes Blood - Movies - I always thought this was the most overrated song from the album, like I only really care about the build up that happens after the first 3 minutes of boring ambient music. I gotta say that having listened to Loft Music before this makes me appreciate it even more

Weyes Blood - Wild Time - Definitely the superior Natalie track and maybe the best song here? Something about the instrumental and the chords used makes me feel like my life is about to change in a profound spiritual way and I just don’t want it to finish :winniepoor:

Beach House - Last Ride - You know, I’m not obsessed.vocaroo per se but it was a very nice listen although not a very rewarding one, they’re cute to play in the background that’s it

Angel Olsen - Chance - The way the girls switched on this classic… I don’t understand… when she says “it’s hard to say forever love, why don’t you say you’re with me now with all of your heart” and then the strings comeback in full force ahhh she did that :jonny2: I do have to admit that this song works better in the context of the album because it’s just such an amazing closer to the 48 minutes life changing journey that is All Grammys :jonny5:

1 minute ago, Overprotected said:

when she says “it’s hard to say forever love, why don’t you say you’re with me now with all of your heart” and then the strings comeback in full force ahhh she did that :jonny2: 

exactly bestie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.