Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• Thinking Of You

• Micellinik

• peterstyles13

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

??? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/30/entertainment/ariana-grande-trnd/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/music/news/ariana-grande-album-everything-we-know-so-far-1234812586/amp/

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ariana-grande-shares-tracklist-for-new-album-positions-2797271

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/9465391/ariana-grande-announces-new-album

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/ariana-grandes-new-album-positions-tommy-brown-interview-11604060104

I guess you are confusing media promotion with media reporting records album broke. 

Folklore isn't successful because media reported about it. Media reported about it because it was huge success and arguably biggest comeback of the year in the first place. 

Media didn't report about Positions as much as Folklore because it didn't make as much noise as Folklore did. If it break same records or get same acclaim, media would report about it. 

With or without media "reporting already broken records" of Folklore, album was going to have these records either way. 

:hoetenks:

Folklore got lemonade type  promotion in the mainstream media UPON RELEASE. A few cherry picked articles about Positions doesn’t change that. folklore got extensive fawning tv and radio coverage. 

I wasn’t even aware of what records it broke so  no I am not talking about that.

Edited by Micellinik

tbh the top 5 is smashing. the three girls above 5B are doing insane numbers, Dua killing it and Gaga with nearly 3.5B after being deemed irrelevant and streaming poison :gaygacat2:

24 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Taylor's second album only got 20 days of steam in 2020 :rip: You act like it had months to accumulate streams

Ariana surpassed Taylor and became the 2nd most-streamed female artist behind Billie at the start of december. If Taylor hadn’t released evermore she would have ended the year as the 3rd most-streamed female so yes evermore did have an impact even tho it was released late.

Edited by INTOBISH

Great artists! nice to see Beyonce, Rihanna and Gaga still on the game.

25 minutes ago, Micellinik said:

Folklore got lemonade type  promotion in the mainstream media UPON RELEASE. 

Because it was biggest comeback of 2020 like Lemonade was 2016's.

They were not huge because media reported about them. Media reported about them because they were huge comebacks in the first place. 

tenor.gif

Both were surprise releases with best material of their careers shocked industry and GP with their releases. This is why media wrote about them. 

18 minutes ago, INTOBISH said:

If Taylor hadn’t released evermore she would have ended the year as the 3rd most-streamed female so yes evermore did have an impact even tho it was released late.

Ifs and buts don't make sense when both had different things to boost them. We can say the same about Ariana's 2 droplets which had more streams than Evermore had in the last 3 weeks. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

7 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

The fact Ariana is right behind her and that other girl done released 2 albums this year :skull:

Yikes.

If Rain on me and evermore didn’t count, Taylor would still be ahead by a couple of hundred million yeah. 

7 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

The fact Ariana is right behind her and that other girl done released 2 albums this year :skull:

Yikes.

If Rain on me and evermore didn’t count, Taylor would still be ahead by a couple of hundred million yeah. 

Taylor and Gaga have the longest career in the top 5 :clap3:

I cant believe Gaga used so being called 'streaming poison' by her haters now she's 5th in this list :heart:

9 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Yikes.

:swan:Yeah so the music is doubled :toofunny3: quEeN oF sTrEaMInG :dreidel:

6 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Because it was biggest comeback of 2020 like Lemonade was 2016's.

They were not huge because media reported about them. Media reported about them because they were huge comebacks in the first place. 

tenor.gif

Both were surprise releases with best material of their careers shocked industry and GP with their releases. This is why media wrote about them. 

Ifs and buts don't make sense when both had different things to boost them. We can say the same about Ariana's 2 droplets which had more streams than Evermore had in the last 3 weeks. 

Lets divide the streams to the number of tracks each artist has then you will have the answer. On average, Ariana receives much higher streams per track. 

2 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Lets divide the streams to the number of tracks each artist has then you will have the answer.

Why? What type of logic is that? :rip:

So do you expect any album track to get same amount of streams with droplet, feature or single? 

For example, do you really expect Hoax, the album track to compete with Stuck with you? :deadbanana2:

And i am not even saying the half of Taylor’s songs being released 3 weeks before year ends because first point is ridiculous enough itself anyway. 

No need for mental gymnastics. Taylor will stay as most streamed artist of 2020 and what she did is very impressive. 

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Why? What type of logic is that? :rip:

So do you expect any album track to get same amount of streams with droplet, feature or single? 

For example, do you really expect Hoax, the album track to compete with Stuck with you? :deadbanana2:

And i am not even saying the half of Taylor’s songs being released 3 weeks before year ends because first point is ridiculous enough itself anyway. 

No need for mental gymnastics. Taylor will stay as most streamed artist of 2020 and what she did is very impressive. 

Ok ok TAylOr sWiFt is THE sTrEAmiNg QuEen ! Satisfied?

13 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Ok ok TAylOr sWiFt is THE sTrEAmiNg QuEen ! Satisfied?

I didn’t say she is and i didn't look for confirmation of anybody about it in this thread. :rip:

All i did was quoting the person(the one you also qouted) who was underestimating Taylor's numbers because "she released 2 albums!!!!" like her numbers were bad or not impressive and then you quoted me. 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

7 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

The real winner is Billie. She did over 5B with no new album. 

This :jonny5:

I saw people making fun of Swifties's insecurity on ATRL all the time, but now Arianators seems taking over the narratives? LOL

If you stan your fav for her music, you wouldn't mind that 0.15B difference made her second instead of first, because it is really trivial?

If you stan your fav for her success, that is a totally different story: you see the old guard is still smashing in her 15 years, and you see the new fav coming really fast by sweeping grammy and really close at third with no new music, and you know your perspective time for bragging is very limited, therefore all the anxiety is understood.

Please drop the success stan and enjoy the music you love, ignoring whoever and whatever preaching you about it.

1 hour ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Lets divide the streams to the number of tracks each artist has then you will have the answer. On average, Ariana receives much higher streams per track. 

Is that why Evermore's album tracks are starting to come for Position's despite Positions being 3x older?

11 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Isn’t Billie Eilish still #1 according to the Spotify YE charts released in October?

You answered your own question. That one was only counting the streams between Jan and Oct 2020.

Positions and Evermore happened since then. This list counts all the streams from Jan to Dec 2020.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.