Women with multiple decades end hot 100

Michael196

33 minutes ago, naval23 said:

That's not true. As per Billboard:

The '90s countdown, also tabulated by Billboard, is based on a blend of Hot 100 performance (see methodology above) and, for songs that did not appear on the Hot 100 at all or for the bulk of their runs, the Radio Songs (then-called Hot 100 Airplay) chart. The decade is unique in that many hits were not released as stand-alone commercially available singles (on cassette or CD) and, per chart rules at the time, were not eligible to appear on the Hot 100. 

Now, for the first time, Billboard has included the biggest of those songs in a Hot 100-focused ranking, presenting the most encompassing recap of the top hits of the '90s.

That doesn’t affect the inclusion of the songs originally listed, sis. Read the full explanation again.

Edited by suburbannature

Just now, suburbannature said:

That doesn’t affect the inclusion of the songs originally listed, sis. Read the full explanation again.

There's nothing about sales/streams being included from 2000-2016 which is what I was replying to in your original post.

Yes it does. For example, "Unpretty" was #76 on the original Billboard decade chart above Britney's "Baby One More Time" "#78" On the updated version: BOMT is #119 and Unpretty is #137

Other examples: Mariah's "My All" was #99 on the original 90s list and is all the way down at #251 on the updated version, while "Vision of Love" was in the 90s range for the original chart and is now #35

3 minutes ago, naval23 said:

There's nothing about sales/streams being included from 2000-2016 which is what I was replying to in your original post.

Yes it does. For example, "Unpretty" was #76 on the original Billboard decade chart above Britney's "Baby One More Time" "#78" On the updated version: BOMT is #119 and Unpretty is #137

Other examples: Mariah's "My All" was #99 on the original 90s list and is all the way down at #251 on the updated version, while "Vision of Love" was in the 90s range for the original chart and is now #35

Girl, that’s not what I’m saying. The quote you mentioned only referenced the further inclusion of ineligible songs at the time (lack of single release). Order changes resulted from both the inclusion of those and additional recurrent streams.

Radio Airplay + Sales Data + Streaming Data = BILLBOARD'S TOP SONGS OF THE '90S

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-billboards-top-songs-90s

It’s not a correction of the original end-of-decade list, but incorporates recurrent post-90s statistics as well for an overall biggest songs of the 90s list.

Edited by suburbannature

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Girl, that’s not what I’m saying. The quote you mentioned only referenced the further inclusion of ineligible songs at the time (lack of single release). Order changes resulted from both the inclusion of those and additional recurrent streams.

Nope there were no recurrent streams or recurrent sales being included. For example, 702's "Where My Girls At?" had TRAGIC recurrent streams, yet it went from N/A on the original 1990s decade chart to #70.

The only ineligible singles that entered were airplay only releases - and even then, only 5 airplay only songs made the Top 500, so it didn't have a huge impact on order changes.

Billboard clearly revamped the formula because their original 1990s decade list was messy.

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

It’s not a correction of the original end-of-decade list, but incorporates recurrent post-90s statistics as well for an overall biggest songs of the 90s list.

I looked at the link and don't see any reference re: post-90s statistics or the inclusion of recurrent sales/airplay/streams?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8508482/santana-rob-thomas-smooth-billboard-top-90s-songs-chart

Nor do they make any mention of post 90s recurrent sales/streams being included in the article that talks about the updated chart. The only addition was to allow airplay-only songs to enter.

The '90s countdown, also tabulated by Billboard, is based on a blend of Hot 100 performance (see methodology above for 80s) and, for songs that did not appear on the Hot 100 at all or for the bulk of their runs, the Radio Songs (then-called Hot 100 Airplay) chart. 

tabulated by Billboard, is based on songs' performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100 chart, with titles ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at lower spots earning the least. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, eras (including within the '80s) are weighted differently to account for chart turnover rates over various periods.

Lmao, now you’re just not wanting to admit it. It’s right there. “+ streaming data”

Next.

22 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Lmao, now you’re just not wanting to admit it. It’s right there. “+ streaming data”

Next.

MESS you're talking about the methodology disclaimer that they put on every major Billboard chart :deadbanana: -

We already knew the 1990s chart was sales + airplay based. Streaming was worth virtually 0 in the 1990s and they explicitly say it's for chart runs in the 1990s only, there's NOTHING about them including recurrent data like the false narrative you're trying to push. 

Ricki Lake Wig Snatch GIF | Gfycat

MESS you're talking about the methodology disclaimer that they put on every major Billboard chart :deadbanana: -

We already knew the 1990s chart was sales + airplay based. Streaming was worth virtually 0 in the 1990s and they explicitly say it's for chart runs in the 1990s only, there's NOTHING about them including recurrent data like the false narrative you're trying to push. 

Ricki Lake Wig Snatch GIF | Gfycat

Honey. It says that the 90s chart formula incorporated streaming stats in their own explanation for readers. Unless you can direct me to some mystery 90s streaming platform, I’d keep quiet and take the L on this one before further showcasing your need for a Hooked on Phonics subscription. 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Honey. It says that the 90s chart formula incorporated streaming stats in their own explanation for readers. Unless you can direct me to some mystery 90s streaming platform, I’d keep quiet and take the L on this one before further showcasing your need for a Hooked on Phonics subscription. 

Lmaoo you just proved my point by saying I can't direct you to some mystery 90s streaming platform because that was my point all along - you were the one who mentioned recurrent streaming in the first place which is totally false.

This is their DETAILED explanation for readers: again nothing about streaming or recurrent stats but they mention sales & airplay https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8508482/santana-rob-thomas-smooth-billboard-top-90s-songs-chart

The disclaimer you posted is the same one they use for today's Billboard Hot 100 , Hot R&B / Hip-Hop Songs, etc. and they clearly link you to this: https://www.billboard.com/p/billboard-charts-legend which tells you nothing about the 90s chart, it's simply a disclaimer they use for all their charts.  

I'd take the L on this one if I were you - don't let general disclaimers fool you next time!

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

Lmaoo you just proved my point by saying I can't direct you to some mystery 90s streaming platform because that was my point all along - you were the one who mentioned recurrent streaming in the first place which is totally false.

This is their DETAILED explanation for readers: again nothing about streaming or recurrent stats but they mention sales & airplay https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8508482/santana-rob-thomas-smooth-billboard-top-90s-songs-chart

The disclaimer you posted is the same one they use for today's Billboard Hot 100 , Hot R&B / Hip-Hop Songs, etc. and they clearly link you to this: https://www.billboard.com/p/billboard-charts-legend which tells you nothing about the 90s chart, it's simply a disclaimer they use for all their charts.  

I'd take the L on this one if I were you - don't let general disclaimers fool you next time!

“Radio Airplay + Sales Data + Streaming Data = BILLBOARD'S TOP SONGS OF THE '90S”

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

“Radio Airplay + Sales Data + Streaming Data = BILLBOARD'S TOP SONGS OF THE '90S”

Well technically the formula is correct even though streaming was 0 - so you didn't prove anything. 

Where's the "recurrent" stats you were referring to in your original post - specifically from the years 2000 and onwards? I'll wait. 

celeb news] Adele wants Brad Pitt - Celebria - ATRL

if we using the update versions then Whitney has two decades as well I think

10 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

if we using the update versions then Whitney has two decades as well I think

Yes she does!

1980s

50. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)

72. Greatest Love of All

1990s

12. I Will Always Love You

81. All The Man That I Need

89. I'm Your Baby Tonight 

6 hours ago, naval23 said:

Yes she does!

1980s

50. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)

72. Greatest Love of All

1990s

12. I Will Always Love You

81. All The Man That I Need

89. I'm Your Baby Tonight 

Im sure she has more in the 80s too i just cant access it

4 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Im sure she has more in the 80s too i just cant access it

She does have more in the 80s but they're below #100! I can list them for you if you'd like:

So Emotional - #110

How Will I Know - #113

Didn't We Almost Have It All - #135

Saving All My Love For You - #153

Where Do Broken Hearts Go - #206

You Give Good Love - #334

2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

She does have more in the 80s but they're below #100! I can list them for you if you'd like:

So Emotional - #110

How Will I Know - #113

Didn't We Almost Have It All - #135

Saving All My Love For You - #153

Where Do Broken Hearts Go - #206

You Give Good Love - #334

Thank you! I knew she had a handful more tbh- So Emotional being higher than How Will I Know and Saving All My Love for You is a shocker 

3 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

Thank you! I knew she had a handful more tbh- So Emotional being higher than How Will I Know and Saving All My Love for You is a shocker 

Yes! So Emotional had 8 weeks in the top 10 (which was A LOT for 1980s standards) which helped it's ranking

How Will I Know did really well for 6 weeks in the top 10 though

Yes! So Emotional had 8 weeks in the top 10 (which was A LOT for 1980s standards) which helped it's ranking

How Will I Know did really well for 6 weeks in the top 10 though

I know all those stats (im a chart nerd and ive analyzed this woman's career far too many times to count) but considering the relevance (or lack of) of the songs nowadays, it still a little weird. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.