Only 50% of 2020’s #1s spent a month+ in top ten

Fitzswiftie

With the year ending, standom’s quick lil

singles have seemed to impact the Hot 100 greatly this year, only 50% of the original #1s (no Mariah or Post) have spent more than a month in the top 10, with Toosie Slide, Dynamite, Positions and WAP being the only #1 debuts of the year to appear in the upper half.*

*There have been 12 #1 debuts in 2020, only 4 of those lasted more than a month in the top ten.

(Remixes total weeks are counted for the amount of time that said Remix was credited for on the Hot 100)

• Blinding Lights - 42 weeks

• Rockstar - 26 weeks

• The Box - 25 weeks

• Mood - 17 weeks (so far)

• Watermelon Sugar - 14 weeks

• Savage (remix) - 13 weeks (14 overall)

• WAP - 13 weeks

• Dynamite - 12 weeks

• Toosie Slide - 10 weeks

• positions - 8 weeks 

— — 
• Rain On Me - 4 weeks

• Cardigan - 2 weeks 

• Say So (remix) - 2 weeks (16 overall)

• The Scotts - 1 week

• Stuck With U - 1 week

• Trollz - 1 week

• Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat) (Remix) - 1 week (16 overall)

• Franchise - 1 week

• Life Goes On - 1 week 

• Willow - 1 week

Yep, a Hot 100 #1 is no longer the big time achievement it used to be :rip: the Hot 100 has turned into the UK Singles Chart from the early 00s

4 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

Isn't a month 4 weeks? 

Why is ROM under the barr if it spent 4 weeks in tbe T10?:mandown:

A month is 4.33 weeks ?

only Feb has 4 weeks

Thinking Of You
7 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yep, a Hot 100 #1 is no longer the big time achievement it used to be :rip: the Hot 100 has turned into the UK Singles Chart from the early 00s

There were 32 #1s in 1989 and 30+ in 1990 and 1991.

What do you mean? :rip:

A lot of fraud

38 minutes ago, Rihbeyga said:

only Feb has 4 weeks

Not even always :oh:

• Blinding Lights - 42 weeks

• Rockstar - 26 weeks

• The Box - 25 weeks

• Mood - 17 weeks (so far)

• Watermelon Sugar - 14 weeks

• Savage (remix) - 13 weeks (14 overall)

• WAP - 13 weeks

• Dynamite - 12 weeks

• Toosie Slide - 10 weeks

• positions - 8 weeks 

Real smash hits only :clap3:

BB should really halve the impact of pure sales on H100 or else this fraudulence will continue. SWU is really a stain in Ariana's discography although I like the song. Scooter really used her to give her favorite client a #1 this year.

5 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

There were 32 #1s in 1989 and 30+ in 1990 and 1991.

What do you mean? :rip:

That was before Billboard started to use Soundscan

I hate that the quick lil’ #1 debuts are putting a stain on what otherwise would still be a huge achievement. Harry got his first #1 with his second era, a post album single that went from a promo song that was almost scrapped from the album to #1 hit with longevity and Grammy nominated and it’s like neither of those things are worth as much anymore because other artists cheapen it with their antics (I’m looking directly at Justin Bieber & co)

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

I hate that the quick lil’ #1 debuts are putting a stain on what otherwise would still be a huge achievement. Harry got his first #1 with his second era, a post album single that went from a promo song that was almost scrapped from the album to #1 hit with longevity and Grammy nominated and it’s like neither of those things are worth as much anymore because other artists cheapen it with their antics (I’m looking directly at Justin Bieber & co)

Well, if it wasn’t the last trick discount and releasing instrument version + limited cassette/CDs/Vinyl ect from Columbia and mass buying fans on his website, Harry will never have a #1 hit. WS will be another AY with #6 peaking :cm:

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

Let's keep it cute... Him going #1 was also done with the help of cheap desperate tactics.

--

This is just... wow. 

AIWFCIY spent 4 weeks in the top 10 in 2020 and already one week in 2021. <3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.