Billboard Charts (Week of January 2, 2021)

Renan90

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift’s ‘Evermore’ Spends Second Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200

Plus: Paul McCartney’s 'McCartney III' bows at No. 2, and Eminem’s former No. 1 'Music to Be Murdered By' surges 199-3 after deluxe reissue.

Taylor Swift’s Evermore album holds atop the Billboard 200 chart for a second week, as the set earned 169,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 24 (down 49%), according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. The album opened at No. 1 a week ago with 329,000 units.

Meanwhile, Paul McCartney’s new McCartney III debuts at No. 2 with 107,000 equivalent album units – of which 104,000 are in album sales. McCartney III is also the top-selling album of the week. Also, Eminem’s former No. 1 Music to Be Murdered By surges 199-3 after its deluxe reissue on Dec. 18 with 16 additional tracks. (All versions of the album, new and old, are combined for tracking purposes.)

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Jan. 2, 2021-dated chart (where Evermore holds at to No. 1) will be posted in full on Billboard's website on Dec. 29. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

Of Evermore’s 169,000 equivalent album units earned in the tracking week ending Dec. 24, album sales comprise just under 102,000 (down 34%), SEA units comprise 66,000 (down 61%, equaling 86.15 million on-demand streams of the album’s songs) and TEA units comprise a little a little over 1,000 (down 85%).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9504766/taylor-swift-evermore-tops-billboard-200-albums-chart-second-week/

Billboard 200: #1(=) @taylorswift13, evermore 169,000 (498,000 units since release). *second week at #1*

Billboard 200: #2(new) @PaulMcCartney, McCartney III 105,000 (102,000 in pure sales | 4.12 million streams).

Billboard 200: #3(+196) @Eminem, Music to Be Murdered By 94,000 (1,146,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

Michael Bublé’s former No. 1 Christmas, which is steady at No. 4 with 77,000 equivalent album units (up 33%)

.@MariahCarey's 'Merry Christmas’ rises to #5 on this week's Billboard 200 with 60K sold, up 36%.

Nat King Cole’s The Christmas Song hits a new high, as it climbs 8-6 with 60,000 units (up 33%)

Carrie Underwood’s 2020 release My Gift (the newest holiday album in the top 10) falls 6-7 (57,000; up 21%)

Billboard 200: #8(-5) @taylorswift13, folklore 53,000 (2,170,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 8 weeks*

Pentatonix’s The Best of Pentatonix Christmas jingles 13-9 (51,000; up 24%)

Vince Guaraldi Trio’s soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas reaches the top 10 of the Billboard 200 for the first time, as the album rises 12-10 (50,000 equivalent album units earned; up 20%)

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey's 'Christmas' Back Atop Hot 100, As Dean Martin, Wham! & Chuck Berry Hit Top 10

'All I Want for Christmas Is You' passes 'The Chipmunk Song' as the Hot 100's longest-leading holiday No. 1.

Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" returns to No. 1, from No. 2, on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart for a fifth total week on top. The song, originally released on Carey's album Merry Christmas in 1994, first reigned for three weeks last holiday season and added its fourth frame at No. 1 two weeks ago.

Meanwhile, three holiday classics reach the Hot 100's top 10 for the first time: Dean Martin's "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow," up from No. 11 to No. 8; Wham!'s "Last Christmas" (14-9); and Chuck Berry's "Run Rudolph Run" (29-10), as a one-week record nine holiday hits infuse the top 10.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data. All charts (dated Jan. 2, 2021) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Dec. 29). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9504998/mariah-carey-christmas-tops-hot-100-fifth-week/

#1 All I Want Christmas Is You (=) [5x #1]

#2 Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree (+1)

#3 Jingle Bell Rock (+1)

#4 A Holly Jolly Christmas (+2)

#5 It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (+2)

#6 Feliz Navidad (+4)

#7 Mood (-2)

#8 Let It Snow, Let It Snow (=3)

#9 Last Christmas (+2)

#10 Run Rudolph Run (+19)

#37 willow (-36)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• fridayteenage

• Armani?

• Ger

album sales comprise just under 102,000 (down 34%), 

I believe the last 3 albums with multiple 100k sales weeks are:

Evermore

Folklore

whew Her winning!

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Evermore

Folklore

whew Her winning!

The massiveness here.:jonny6:

6 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Evermore

Folklore

whew Her winning!

Poor Lover

3 minutes ago, By the Water said:

:clap3:

17 weeks in the top 10 for folklore :clap3:

nah, people forgot that it existed after the first week, that can't be true

These white texts are irritating especially for mobile users. Please use a better text color. Thank you. 

Anyway, I just hope UMG ships the evermore physical copies ordered from her store already because here in PH, we have no stores to buy her albums so we rely on her store now. We want the album. Congrats on the second week units. Hopefully the third week will not be that bad. 

But Willow is predicted to drop over 30 spots (because of Christmas songs), surely this can’t be real? I was told she’s over, but her album is smashing.

Congrats on Taylor’s 9th consecutive smash album, and second in 2020 alone that didn’t need a hit to careful it :clap3: 

Can she get a 3rd week?

omg not Taylor outselling herself and others 

Just noticed that Evermore second week was 5k away from topping Positions debut :deadbanana2:

Just now, mypaintoyou said:

Can she get a 3rd week?

omg not Taylor outselling herself and others 

Yes she can. She is head to head with lil durk.

1 minute ago, MANUELF said:

Just noticed that Evermore second week was 5k away from topping Positions debut :deadbanana2:

tenor.gif?itemid=10237991

When you're Legendary these things happen.

And my folklore vinyl hasn't even shipped yet :clap3:

Great numbers for Taylor!

Mariah top 5. I wish she would end up #1 with this album. Diamond RIAA should be done next year.

Congrats to her these are great numbers :clap3: 

Mariah at #5 with 60K :jonny: I would love for it to reach a new peak someday but I don't think it'll happen