Hot 100: Female Artists With The Most Weeks At #1.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

10 hours ago, Brando said:

Monica 22 weeks with just 3 #1s.. whew

Didn't know JLo spent that many weeks at #1 

The First Night spending 5 weeks at #1 is surprising to me, I love it but didn't know it was that big on the general charts. Angel of Mine did 4 weeks but by far I'd say is a bigger pop hit, anyway she slayed that era 

8 hours ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Funny how the Taylor stans are nowhere to be seen.

Because she has 'only' 20 weeks at #1? Let's see the BB200 thread then

8 hours ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Funny how the Taylor stans are nowhere to be seen.

What will it take to get it through your heads that Taylor is an ALBUMS artist? Let’s open up a BB200 thread and see how that goes. In any case, she’s still spent 20 weeks at #1 despite being a country artist for half of her career thus far (and country songs don’t go #1). Go off though I guess. 

Let’s see if Adele can get into the top five with her next era *fingers crossed* 

10 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes, but that’s why Madonna is #2 on the All-Time Hot 100 Artists list overall and Whitney Houston is #9. The chart runs during their respective initial peaks (1984-1991) were incredibly short which is why they are worth more points than chart runs in the 2000’s and especially the 2010’s. 

Madonna’s “LAV” spending 6 weeks at #1 between 1984-1985 is worth 12+ weeks at #1 in 2020.

Whitney Houston’s “IWALY” spending 14 weeks at #1 between 1992-1993 is worth 20+ weeks at #1 in 2020. 

Currently, only Rihanna & Drake are touching these acts on the Hot 100 All-Time lists too because of their sheer number of hits.  

Oh yeah i know that. That's its mind boggling just how successful these older girls were in time that didn't use the full potential. 

16 hours ago, By the Water said:

Because she has 'only' 20 weeks at #1? Let's see the BB200 thread then

That ain’t what this thread is about. Thanks.

19 hours ago, EnoughSaid said:

The First Night spending 5 weeks at #1 is surprising to me, I love it but didn't know it was that big on the general charts. Angel of Mine did 4 weeks but by far I'd say is a bigger pop hit, anyway she slayed that era 

“TFN” was following on the success of “TBIM”, and thankfully it paid off.

”AOM” was also following on that success also but it was a much bigger crossover Pop hit in general. 

Pop Radio: AOM #3; TFN #24

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.