“Say So” is the most streamed female solo song this year

GuusLima

Impressive for Doja :clap3:

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

a solo smash #1 :clap3:

It’s really not. The only reason why it got to number one was because of Nicki’s remix. Give credit when it’s due....

35 minutes ago, Zs2236 said:

It’s really not. The only reason why it got to number one was because of Nicki’s remix. Give credit when it’s due....

It was headed #1 even without Nicki. Unlike Savage that actually needed Beyoncé to get to #1 

8 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

It was headed #1 even without Nicki. Unlike Savage that actually needed Beyoncé to get to #1 

Not really. Say so was #5 and fell to #6. It peaked already. It went number one as soon as the Nicki remix was released 

2 minutes ago, Zs2236 said:

Not really. Say so was #5 and fell to #6. It peaked already. It went number one as soon as the Nicki remix was released 

oh wow

2 hours ago, Zs2236 said:

I agree, and disagree.  

Tbh it probably would’ve went to #1 with anybody on the remix.  No shade.  It just needed a small boost, the song stayed in the Top 10 several weeks after it dropped from #1 (without Nicki credit)...so it’s not like the song was plummeting either.  

There was actually a remix with another artist being planned before Nicki.

Don’t get me wrong, Nicki added additional hype for sure.  Especially getting a stamp of approval from a legend.  And the Barbz showed out with buying copies.  But honestly the song just needed a bump, so we can’t credit it ALL to Nicki.  Especially when the remix only topped the original for ONE week.   That’s why I say the remix was equally beneficial for both of them tbh.  

33 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

There was actually a remix with another artist being planned before Nicki.

WAIT! really? do u know who the remix was going to be with?

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

WAIT! really? do u know who the remix was going to be with?

Anuel AA.... :eli:

It was recorded + ready, but I guess Nicki came through on the clutch.  

Either way, it seems like they were eyeing a remix to boost the song.  I doubt it would’ve been as hyped as the Nicki release, but might’ve done the trick to boost the song on the chart.  

Gives me Rihanna S&M vibes, remix giving push to #1 included

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.