IFPI Global Recording Artists of 2020 (prediction)

DesiredConsternation

Ā 

BTS

Taylor

IFPIĀ GLOBALĀ 

RECORDING

ARTISTSĀ OF 2020

No Artist EAS (m)
1 BTS 16.1
2 Taylor Swift 7.8
3 Drake 6.4
4 Ariana Grande 5.2
5 Post Malone 4.9
6 The Weeknd 4.9
7 Bad Bunny 4.8
8 Justin Bieber 4.7
9 Juice WRLD 3.7
10 Eminem 3.5

Ā 

BTS

Taylor

IFPIĀ TOP 10 BEST-SELLINGĀ 

ALBUMSĀ OF 2020

No Album

Sales (m)

Map of the Soul: 7

2 folklore 3.0
3 THE ALBUM 2.9
4 BE 2.8
5 Lit 2.5
6 New World 1.6
7 Stray Sheep 1.4
8 Neo Zone 1.2
9 Changes 1.0
10 evermore 0.8

Source:Ā EAS reported through Chartmasters (includes audio streams, video streams and permanent downloads). Original Album Sales totals estimated from reported numbers by Billboard, QQ Music, NetEase, Hanteo and Oricon.

Edited by DesiredConsternation

wtf evermoreĀ :duca:

I'm not sure that Ariana would be that high. When last year she missed the top 5 during her peak.Ā 

Bad Bunny is definitely comingĀ for top 3 tho. Why is he that low? Isnt he near 9B streams from Spotify alone?

Also wheres Billie? She had a bigger year than Justin lol

Edited by JawBreaker

Evermore entering chart after 1 week after release and unavailability of physical copiesĀ :deadbanana2:

How are some people in this list but not Billie? :rip:

How is it that BLACKPINK's units this year go from 5.5m+ SPS to less than 3.5m EAS? Chartmasters' Youtube viewsĀ to album ratio is a joke.Ā :skull:

Justin 4.7 vs Eminem 3.7??Ā 

And Ariana 5.2m?Ā 

Not very realistic

Edited by Yuanyu

Well... I found that Taylor has over 5m+ units in US this year and 2m+ units in CN... so 7.8m is a really underestimated figure, I'll predict ~12m for her this year.

biblicalmonster

Ā 

Changes couldn't have sold more than ChromaticaĀ in pure sales...

Ā 

Changes sold 325k pure sales worldwide according to CM. Chromatica 680k. A whopping gap.Ā 

Edited by biblicalmonster

Those numbers are absolute nonsense. For example, if The Album shipped 2.9M copies, thereā€™s no way BlackPink could possibly miss the top 10. ā€œHow You Like Thatā€ did 3M ā€œsalesā€ in China. The Album is almost at 1B on Spotify alone (which is 666k EAS). How could they possibly have done less than 3.5M when they passed that mark with just their album?

18 minutes ago, biblicalmonster said:

Ā 

Changes couldn't have sold more than ChromaticaĀ in pure sales...

Ā 

Changes sold 325k pure sales worldwide according to CM. Chromatica 680k. A whopping gap.Ā 

Changes sold almost 800k in China alone.

29 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Those numbers are absolute nonsense. For example, if The Album shipped 2.9M copies, thereā€™s no way BlackPink could possibly miss the top 10. ā€œHow You Like Thatā€ did 3M ā€œsalesā€ in China. The Album is almost at 1B on Spotify alone (which is 666k EAS). How could they possibly have done less than 3.5M when they passed that mark with just their album?

The Album sold 1,2M in Korea + 1M in China so 2.9M WW seems about right. I think it's pure sales only not SEA so HYLT "sales" does not count

pure sales are the biggest joke of a metric to make these lists by, I don't get why it's like that in 2020Ā :deadbanana4:

Ā 

where are blackpink and dua lipa???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.