Billboard Charts (Week of December 26, 2020)

Renan90

4 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

In a non-holiday circumstance it wouldn't be the biggest drop, that's correct. It would still be the 4th-biggest, however.

While still the song bombed, it's also worth noting that there were TEN Christmas songs above Life Goes On in it's second week. If not, it would've been at #18, only the third biggest drop, and Franchise would be the 2nd biggest drop behind TROLLZ.

Bad timing for both making their chart positions worse, but the falls from #1 are horrific nonetheless.

You can't just remove the Christmas songs and assume points would be the same. You think without Christmas songs willow would be #1 on US spotify with only 795k streams? Think a bit, sis

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• fridayteenage

• brianc33710

• slw84

3 hours ago, Renan90 said:

This tweet was killing me for a second. I was like, why are there 12 images, but only 11 names listed. I literally had to count before I realized that they listed 7 twice :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, By the Water said:

You can't just remove the Christmas songs and assume points would be the same. You think without Christmas songs willow would be #1 on US spotify with only 795k streams? Think a bit, sis

Well it's kind of impossible to goes how many streams it'd be getting if Xmas songs weren't above it so idk how you want me to measure that. I'm going off of the point totals that TOTC provided and just compared it to an average week. 

Without Christmas songs it would probably be between #15-20 with the points of this coming week's hot 100 but idk

Congrats, it would’ve been embarrassing if it didn’t with all the shameless discounts she did.

Taylor stans can never drag another artist for being “chart obsessed” again :toofunny3: 

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

Rain On Me sold more and without several remixes! Also it dropped to #5 in its second week, while willow is predicted to fall to #36 (beating the TROLLZ record!). :deadbanana4:

if rain on me was on second week on christmas week it would drop harder

50 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Congrats, it would’ve been embarrassing if it didn’t with all the shameless discounts she did.

Taylor stans can never drag another artist for being “chart obsessed” again :toofunny3: 

Good thing we still have all Her awards and #1 album weeks and monstrous sales to comfort us.

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I still believe "Problem" debut week is the closest the top 3 has ever been. It, All of Me, and Happy were separated by less than 1% iirc

Per BB:

"All" narrowly holds off Pharrell Williams' "Happy" (2-2) on the Hot 100, where it ruled for 10 weeks before "All" dethroned it last week. How narrowly? "All" boasts just 0.1 percent more chart points than "Happy," marking the closest battle for No. 1 since Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" displaced Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" by a slightly smaller points margin on the Feb. 18, 2012, chart. (Last week, "All" won by just less than 1 percent.) "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, rises a spot to No. 3.

Previous week:

"Problem" almost nabs the top spot on the Hot 100: it boasts just a 1.3 percent lower points total than "All of Me."

Edited by fridayteenage

Dynamite back in the top10 :bibliahh:

Sad about LGO but it was expected 

Their korean tracks never hold since radio wont touch non-english songs :biblio: And it’s literally Christmas the worst time to release

Oh well

Edited by BTS

kinda want Brenda to snatch a week after #1 but it seems impossible without promo

Takent keeps WINNING and I see haters are will keep SEETHING 

Congrats Taylor for such an excellent #1 album and #1 song :clap3:

3 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

Rain On Me sold more and without several remixes! Also it dropped to #5 in its second week, while willow is predicted to fall to #36 (beating the TROLLZ record!). :deadbanana4:

Queen cannot stop breaking records :clap3:

The fact that it willow didnt go #1, she would have broken the record for more #2s

She always wins :clap3:

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Per BB:

(Last week, "All" won by just less than 1 percent.) "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, rises a spot to No. 3.

Previous week:

"Problem" almost nabs the top spot on the Hot 100: it boasts just a 1.3 percent lower points total than "All of Me."

what is the truth

4 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

what is the truth

All beat Happy by less than 1%, beat Problem by more than 1%. Cuz Happy was #2, Problem #3.

So 100% All

99.something% Happy

98.7% Problem

Edited by fridayteenage

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

All beat Happy by less than 1%, beat Problem by more than 1%. Cuz Happy was #2, Problem #3.

So 100% All

99.something% Happy

98.7% Problem

Oh! got it thanks, got quite confused for a moment

dynamite :clap3:

Just out of curiosity, comparing year's top sellers based on https://web.archive.org/web/20110512023856/http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/74361/chart-watch-extra-20-years-of-top-songs/

As of last week, per UKMix top 2 are 1154k Dynamite & 560k Blinding Lights.

Soundscan era's sub-1 mils for top seller of the year:

2005 Beverly Hills 962k

2003 This is the Night 948k

2002 A Moment Like This 600k

2001 Loverboy 571k

2004 I Believe 401k

(Last year's T2: 1536k and 832k)

So if it wasn't for Dynamite we'd be at pre-iTunes levels. 

Edited by fridayteenage

8 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

That person randomly making this a Top 11 tweet to sneak Britney in :skull:

The person didn’t clarify it was any kind of cut-off list so it was you randomly noticing Britney lol :skull: not that it’s actually 12, and Bey/Nicki tie at 7, etc..

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

Just out of curiosity, comparing year's top sellers based on https://web.archive.org/web/20110512023856/http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart_watch/74361/chart-watch-extra-20-years-of-top-songs/

As of last week, per UKMix top 2 are 1154k Dynamite & 560k Blinding Lights.

Soundscan era's sub-1 mils for top seller of the year:

2005 Beverly Hills 962k

2003 This is the Night 948k

2002 A Moment Like This 600k

2001 Loverboy 571k

2004 I Believe 401k

(Last year's T2: 1536k and 832k)

So if it wasn't for Dynamite we'd be at pre-iTunes levels. 

A Moment Like This :jonny5:

And I didn't know Beverly Hills was THAT big :jonny5:

No one will touch her achievements. She's the only remaining supreme. 

Congrats, Taylor! Willow at #1 is the icing on our Christmas cake. 

7 hours ago, Adonis said:

Imagine being more fraudulent than 69 and Nicki Minaj and BTS. LMAO!!! :bibliahh:

Why would you want to force a #1 debut if you're going to plummet so far in week 2? What's the point?

38 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Why would you want to force a #1 debut if you're going to plummet so far in week 2? What's the point?

I guess when it involves the click of a button to lower the price you say, why not?

It's not like a #1 will change anything for Taylor

Edited by Zero7