HDD: evermore 331K, MOTM3 148K, folklore 128K

onewillowsilk

26 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Regardless, people listen to music digitally more so than they do with buying a vinyl or CD. It just goes to show that all of the bundles, multiple deluxe versions, etc. really do help with her sales. Especially how she kept pushing the signed copies to keep folklore atop of the Billboard charts when no major releases were happening. That’s why folklore kept having weird jumps to and from #1 after its release. 

What? Physical CD and vinyl sales TODAY are MUCH higher than digital sales (and are also Taylor's main strength). Nobody buys album in digital - you are talking about streaming and missing the point. People consume music today streaming, NOT buying digitally (but still, Taylor has a humongous fan base who is willing to own her album physically so that's where she shines, and the physicals were not available this week). 

The signed sales are another different point and for that I can give you a different answer and pov, which for me is that having a large core fan base who is willing to own your signed CD should be a merit as not many artists have that, actually very few. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Badgalbriel

• By the Water

• idkwiam

Top Posters In This Topic

littlebodybigheart

i’m confused. lol. these numbers for taylor have nothing to do with bundles, these numbers just don’t include her sales that haven’t been shipped yet :rip: so we still wouldn’t know how many sales she had first week because she just won’t ship them until later on...

:clap3: Amazing debut

:WAP: folklore slaying per usual

the people in here dragging when barely anyone even achieves 200k with physicals lol. Y’all gonna be so mad the following weeks when physicals are available and shipped. :fan:

23 minutes ago, vinKC said:

:clap3: Amazing debut

:WAP: folklore slaying per usual

the people in here dragging when barely anyone even achieves 200k with physicals lol. Y’all gonna be so mad the following weeks when physicals are available and shipped. :fan:

EXACTLY! She did that without physical sales. :clap3:

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

jesus i just hope the swifties aint proud of this mediocre number :rip: 

What is mediocre about second biggest female debut of the year after her own album without physicals, user Harry? 

:clown:

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

jesus i just hope the swifties aint proud of this mediocre number :rip: 

I don't get it. It's the second biggest debut of the year after herself with no physical copies available. 

Imagine if she gets an even higher number when physicals drop :jonny:Her mind>>>

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Imagine if she gets an even higher number when physicals drop :jonny:Her mind>>>

it wont be a higher number. Or even close for the matter

Also I see a lot swifties trying to claim that it would've done 800k+ like folklore but thats just not true. I think it would've done 500k-600k+ which is still extremely INCREDIBLE. And why i said that its because the digitals are considerably lower than folklore. Also the fact that theres no vynils and variants this time around.

16 3 TAYLOR SWIFT | FOLKLORE
REPUBLIC
128,522 293% 100,328 908

folklore ended up at #11 this week on the bb200, #16 was hdd's prediction

these numbers aren't bad. the days of 1M openers or even 500k+ are over:coffee2: artists should be playing for longevity now imo 

Edited by raven
typo

I think it might have worked better for Taylor to drop on Jan 1. Start the new year with a bang and it's a Friday and let Folklore continue to smash through the Holidays. Great numbers for evermore anyway

evermore doing excellent with no physicals :clap3:

folklegend doing 100k pure :dies:

ignore the trolls, they’re obviously just trying to start an argument. They def know there’s no physicals after all this time, or they’re severely idiotic :skull:

6 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

I think it might have worked better for Taylor to drop on Jan 1. Start the new year with a bang and it's a Friday and let Folklore continue to smash through the Holidays. Great numbers for evermore anyway

Evermore is the best Grammy’s campaign there is, it’s also why she’s pushing so hard for both #1 debuts on BB200 and Hot 100, it will surely impress the Grammy’s voters even more. Releasing it in January defeats that purpose. 
————

OT : she did amazing. 

18 hours ago, Sept said:

How the hell Billie's pure sales is so stable? :deadbanana2:

Vinyl. I think Interscope shipped more copies for the holidays.

Congrats to Cudi and Taylor :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.