HDD: evermore 331K, MOTM3 148K, folklore 128K

onewillowsilk

11 minutes ago, Gabriel Florin said:

Celiné has the biggest drop for a #1 debut, going 1-111, Bon Jovi secured the record going 1-169

Ms. Dion did THAT with a 30+ year (English) recording career. 

Truly a legend. :alexz:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Badgalbriel

• By the Water

• idkwiam

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Taylor :clap3:

Another +10k pure weekly sales for Billie :gaycat6:

13 minutes ago, idkwiam said:
  Hide contents

Largest drops from number one

(1–169) This House Is Not for Sale – Bon Jovi[92] (March 17, 2018)

(1–111) Courage – Celine Dion (December 7, 2019)

(1–97) Science Fiction – Brand New[93] (September 16, 2017)

(1–88) Iridescence – Brockhampton[94] (October 13, 2018)

(1–77) Madame X – Madonna (July 6, 2019)[95]

(1–62) Boarding House Reach – Jack White[96] (April 14, 2018)

(1–59) Wonderful Wonderful – The Killers[97] (October 21, 2017)

(1–56) American Dream – LCD Soundsystem[98] (September 30, 2017)

(1–45) Help Us Stranger – The Raconteurs[99] (July 13, 2019)

(1–43) This House Is Not for Sale – Bon Jovi[100] (December 3, 2016)

All of these being from this decade... MESS :deadbanana4:

OT: Shawn's drop.... YIKES

Ariana stable in top 10, even with Christmas albums smashing ahead :clap3:

Taylor almost had the top 2, but I still feel bad for Kid Cudi having his biggest opening and getting blocked :deadbanana4: no body no crime did THAT

16 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

(1–77) Madame X – Madonna (July 6, 2019)[95]

:deadbanana2:

Miley outliving Shawn :fan:

Folklore selling 100k pure :deadbanana4: Truly a smash album, and Evermore will only help its longevity. Both will stay at the top through the first half of 2021. We are living through her second major renaissance.

Edited by Beyonnaise

3 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Folklore selling 100k pure :deadbanana4: Truly a smash album, and Evermore will only help its longevity. Both will stay at the top through the first half of 2021. We are living through her second major renaissance.

We just need her to promote a little bit willow.:gaycat4:

Shawn below Miley :ahh: :ahh: 

How the hell Billie's pure sales is so stable? :deadbanana2:

FOLKLORE jesus ?? evermore would have slayed so hard if she had physicals ready ugh, hopefully Willow manages to hit #1 

I just hope some physical CDs make it to stores this week for evermore or it's gonna have a weird drop this week and a bounce somewhere in the next two :skull:

After all of the scheming, discounts, ploys, evermore only pushes 150k physical. :clown:

So the bundles really did make it seem like Taylor was some selling goddess? A mess. 

31 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Not TaylorSwift.com waiting to ship those 100k the week of evermore release :coffee:

1 minute ago, Brikenbur said:

After all of the scheming, discounts, ploys, evermore only pushes 150k physical. :clown:

So the bundles really did make it seem like Taylor was some selling goddess? A mess. 

It's the lack of reading comprehension that gets me. Evermore has no physicals. She sold 150K DIGITAL. That's far more impressive than lots of things she has done in her career, selling 150k digital in 2020. 

Just look at folklore 100K physical in its 20th week or something, and then we can talk about Taylor's selling power again. 

1 minute ago, itsjem said:

It's the lack of reading comprehension that gets me. Evermore has no physicals. She sold 150K DIGITAL. That's far more impressive than lots of things she has done in her career, selling 150k digital in 2020. 

Just look at folklore 100K physical in its 20th week or something, and then we can talk about Taylor's selling power again. 

Regardless, people listen to music digitally more so than they do with buying a vinyl or CD. It just goes to show that all of the bundles, multiple deluxe versions, etc. really do help with her sales. Especially how she kept pushing the signed copies to keep folklore atop of the Billboard charts when no major releases were happening. That’s why folklore kept having weird jumps to and from #1 after its release. 

Also, isn't she the only one to have two albums in the top 3 since like... a VERY long time? I don't recall no one doing it in the last decade at least. Someone confirm so I can make the thread :gaycat6:

7 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

What? There were no physical sales. 

1 minute ago, Brikenbur said:

Regardless, people listen to music digitally more so than they do with buying a vinyl or CD. It just goes to show that all of the bundles, multiple deluxe versions, etc. really do help with her sales. Especially how she kept pushing the signed copies to keep folklore atop of the Billboard charts when no major releases were happening. That’s why folklore kept having weird jumps to and from #1 after its release. 

she literally had no physical copies, do you understand that? She sold north of 400k+ physicals for folklore debut week and she had NO physicals this week and still sold 330k :confused:  And if people listen to music digitally more than cds, even then, she has the SECOND biggest female streaming debut of 2020 AFTER herself so? Not you trying to drag these numbers when no one comes close :confused:

I don't think I would have seen Taylor doing more in streaming than sales :rip: I am curious as to how physicals are gonna do this week. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Florin said:

Celiné has the biggest drop for a #1 debut, going 1-111, Bon Jovi secured the record going 1-169

damn :rip:

Shawn wow :eli: is he doing worse than his wifey?

I mean, if you don't stan someone, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to buy a digital album. there's nothing a digital album gives you that streaming it does not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.