Billboard: rare 703K units

Hector

It's not bad. I wouldn't call it a flop in the current pop climate. It's just underwhelming... But atrl calls Chromatica a flop which is still charting, hit #1 and charted above FN, Rare, and Romance on the YEC lol so what can you do. 

49 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

Doesn't Billboard only count post-album release numbers ? It's probably already Platinum eligible for the RIAA.

Rare became her third No. 1 title in early 2020, earning 703,000 equivalent album units to date, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

This report includes all the units the album did before the release too. Nielsen includes everything, even the units her old singles like Bad Liar and Fetish did.

1 minute ago, Green said:

Rare became her third No. 1 title in early 2020, earning 703,000 equivalent album units to date, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

This report includes all the units the album did before the release too. Nielsen includes everything, even the units her old singles like Bad Liar and Fetish did.

Rare only has 3 singles no Bad Liar or Fetish you are confused

32 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

The only pre-album single was LYTLM

Didn't she include Bad Liar, Fetish and other old singles in the Deluxe version?  Those units count for her album too

8 minutes ago, Green said:

Didn't she include Bad Liar, Fetish and other old singles in the Deluxe version?  Those units count for her album too

She only include them in the target version. So digital single sales and streaming for these don't add to the album SPS, or it would be over 1M. Also UKMix has Rare YTD (without LYTLM 2019 sales/streams) at ~560K, so 703K makes sense for total units

Edited by lauren198

She should’ve included Bad Liar, Fetish, Wolves, and Back to You on the deluxe. It would’ve pushed it well over platinum. Everyone else does it so she shouldn’t feel any shame.

41 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

She only include them in the target version. So digital single sales and streaming for these don't add to the album SPS, or it would be over 1M. Also UKMix has Rare YTD (without LYTLM 2019 sales/streams) at ~560K, so 703K makes sense for total units

Oh I see. So the 700k units makes sense including the Lose you to love me/Look at her now units from late 2019

1 hour ago, Green said:

Oh I see. So the 700k units makes sense including the Lose you to love me/Look at her now units from late 2019

yeah. I always forget lahn:dancehall3:

How is this good? :deadbanana2: Not bad but mediocre at best for a #1 album and #1 single

I think Christmas Day (conveniently a Friday) would be the perfect time for her to add "It Ain't Me", "Back To You", "Wolves", "Bad Liar", and "Fetish" to the deluxe edition. If she can add them to their proper, scattered places on the tracklist ("Feel Me" included) even better.

Why not add "I Can't Get Enough" to the party too? :cm:

For something with so many streams, it shouldn't be off the charts already. 

Instant 2x Platinum+ in units. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.