Always Remember Us This Way sells 2M in the US

Artur

A Star Is Born GIFs | Tenor

It's still getting over 450K streams daily on Spotify two years after its release. Gaga's "fluke" doing numbers.

525,774,439 (+482,676)

Edited by Artur

Omg :eek: 

2M is huge for a non single. It will reach 1B on spotify in 2-2,5 years too :duca: 

A successful movie soundtrack, which is hard to get (Beyonce or Billie can tell you a thing or two about it). Not everybody has that! :clap3:

Edited by demianversace

Just now, Near said:

bradley's power i fear

Thank you Colby O'Donis!

Imagine if she actually released this in the USA omg :jonny4:

Shallow was too much of a sleeper hit so I guess they didn't want to make the era too long

What a stunning and beautiful song, deserves everything :clap3:

And a "SOLO" non-single! Outsold some of ATRL fav's singles :dies:

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

9 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Shallow was too much of a sleeper hit so I guess they didn't want to make the era too long

I think the main reason was to not have two competing songs in the awards season and instead have Shallow all the limelight possible. That way they could facilitate Shallow becoming a monster smash (but not the kind we expected tbh, its slayage is unreal :rip:)

Also, like you said, they wanted to keep it short. Gaga mentioned a couple times that she wanted to get rid of the Ally persona asap. She apparently felt uncomfortable associating with the era after she was done with the awards season. The fact that this could be as big, if not bigger than Shallow since this is actually the better song. We truly lost :chick3:

13 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Imagine if she actually released this in the USA omg :jonny4:

As if anyone outside of Stan Twitter knows about "eras"...

Oh wow,  the second most successful fluke of all time after Shallow :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I think the main reason was to not have two competing songs in the awards season and instead have Shallow all the limelight possible. That way they could facilitate Shallow becoming a monster smash (but not the kind we expected tbh, its slayage is unreal :rip:)

Also, like you said, they wanted to keep it short. Gaga mentioned a couple times that she wanted to get rid of the Ally persona asap. She apparently felt uncomfortable associating with the era after she was done with the awards season. The fact that this could be as big, if not bigger than Shallow since this is actually the better song. We truly lost :chick3:

That's fair - and they had good reason to do that. And 2020 was to focus on Chromatica. 

Ugh, I love that song so f* much. It sounds like a classic :jonny5:

Just now, naval23 said:

That's fair - and they had good reason to do that. And 2020 was to focus on Chromatica

gret3.gif

20 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Well :priceless:

21 minutes ago, Artur said:

gret3.gif

nnnn don't do Chromatica like that :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Juanny said:

i think they're kii-ing at the fact that you said 2020 was to focus on chromatica when she birthed chromatica and immediately left it to wither and die the first day out. :rip: 

Lmaoo I know I think that's what her intent was but obviously the execution was different 

But I'm agreeing with them still just found it hilarious :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, demianversace said:

A successful movie soundtrack, which is hard to get (Beyonce or Billie can tell you a thing or two about it). Not everybody has that! :clap3:

Billie? Lovely has +2B streams :ahh:

17 minutes ago, Juanny said:

i think they're kii-ing at the fact that you said 2020 was to focus on chromatica when she birthed chromatica and immediately left it to wither and die the first day out. :rip: 

15 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Lmaoo I know I think that's what her intent was but obviously the execution was different 

But I'm agreeing with them still just found it hilarious :bibliahh:

The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay, eh eh

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay, eh eh

I honestly think she just wanted a break from smashing and wanted to just make music then sit and relax, she's at the point of her career where commercial success is just a bonus, and proved she can do nothing and still get #1 hits and top 50 year end albums :clap3:

2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I honestly think she just wanted a break from smashing and wanted to just make music then sit and relax, she's at the point of her career where commercial success is just a bonus, and proved she can do nothing and still get #1 hits and top 50 year end albums :clap3:

I agree :clap3:poor OGH brains can't comprehend :clap3:

(I'm just exaggerating anyway lol, I enjoyed the album, the performances and promo is just bonus :fan:)

Honestly never got the appeal for this song - loved Shallow and INLA though. Still amazing numbers :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.