Billboard Charts: #1 Humble, #7 Stay, #9 Despacito

UNNAMI

54 minutes ago, ARTPØP said:

The Hot 100 has become such a stupid joke. I'm getting tired of all these top 10 debuts due to heavy streaming. 

I truly feel like only 4-5 songs in the top 10 are actual hits. 

Before streaming was a factor, songs would launch into the top 10 and drop out from sales too. Streaming isn't bad like some people make it out to be. It's what people are using to consume music. It's constantly growing too so Billboard has to keep adjusting it. Sales are dying, and we can't have an airplay only chart. That would just show what the industry wants us to listen to, and not what the people want to hear on their own time. The future of music is streaming. Like I remember in 2010 alone Taylor Swift had Today Was A Fairytale, Mine, Speak Now, and Back To Decemebr all debut top 10 due to heavy sales and never return. It's just because it's rap and hiphop dominating US music consumption now that some of ATRL has an issue imo.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Navyofbadgals

• QueenofCopyPaste

• mike3009

1 hour ago, ARTPØP said:

The Hot 100 has become such a stupid joke. I'm getting tired of all these top 10 debuts due to heavy streaming. 

Pop radio no longer dictates what becomes a hit on its own. The actual listeners do that now. I like this better because so many rap songs that were big would get low peaks because pop radio would not play them but they where big with streaming.

I'm not sure if Katy's gonna score another #1, after CTTR flopped hard

2 wks in the top 10 is abysmal

23 minutes ago, mowino said:

I'm not sure if Katy's gonna score another #1, after CTTR flopped hard

2 wks in the top 10 is abysmal

even Bey's Deja Vu spent only 2 weeks in Top 10 right after Check On It...

Calvin Harris and David Guest a still releases album...they might not sell millions upon millions but they still sell

I doubt their losing money releasing an album so they won't stop making albums...an album is always a plus no matter what any of you say 

The Chainsmokers are winning regardless

17 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

What about sings in genres that are being left behind because they aren't streamed, and would have charted in the past?

its okay to sacrifice all those, so that streamed genres get their day in the sun?

would you have the same opinion,, if it were, say, Christian music dominating streaming and thus the charts?

Yes, if people were streaming Christian music on their own then that what people want to listen to. If it was being force fed them by pop radio stations I would think otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

even Bey's Deja Vu spent only 2 weeks in Top 10 right after Check On It...

It's also 2x platinum...your point?

It's a different sales market to the point that you can't afford dropping out of the top 10 so soon because that means your song won't likely hit platinum.

5 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Calvin Harris and David Guest a still releases album...they might not sell millions upon millions but they still sell

I doubt their losing money releasing an album so they won't stop making albums...an album is always a plus no matter what any of you say 

The Chainsmokers are winning regardless

David Guetta and Calvin Harris haven't released an ablum since 2014. Theres been rumors since that Calvin wont release another ablum.

Again, ablums aren't beneficial to these DJs. This was an experiment to see if the top DJs right now can finally sell an ablum, and even though first week sales were good ( they were the first to hit #1 on the top 200) the sign that it will probably barely scan gold ( if even...we're still in the second week) shows that experiment failed.

Of course they'll keep winning as long as they have sold out shows/gigs and singles to sell. But being the biggest DJs around and to barely sell gold says alot on the GP tastes with EDM in general... its disposable.

55 minutes ago, PurrKaty said:

Before streaming was a factor, songs would launch into the top 10 and drop out from sales too. Streaming isn't bad like some people make it out to be. It's what people are using to consume music. It's constantly growing too so Billboard has to keep adjusting it. Sales are dying, and we can't have an airplay only chart. That would just show what the industry wants us to listen to, and not what the people want to hear on their own time. The future of music is streaming. Like I remember in 2010 alone Taylor Swift had Today Was A Fairytale, Mine, Speak Now, and Back To Decemebr all debut top 10 due to heavy sales and never return. It's just because it's rap and hiphop dominating US music consumption now that some of ATRL has an issue imo.

This. People are consuming MUSIC through streaming. No problem. 

When is the Hot 100 tea coming out

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Sorry don't believe you.  If Christian, or jazz or classical were streaming minsters and knocking off pop girls and rap gods, this site would go ballistic complaining bout streaming keeping their music down.

Then why ask me lol?

Vamossss Despacito!!! I'm really rooting for this to go Top 5 and maybe higher

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Sorry don't believe you.  If Christian, or jazz or classical were streaming minsters and knocking off pop girls and rap gods, this site would go ballistic complaining bout streaming keeping their music down.

Christian music or jazz music would never dominate streaming so this question is so stupid to ask lmao. Streaming  is how young people consume music. If they are listening to rap so be it. 

butterflysupreme
1 hour ago, PurrKaty said:

Back To December and Mine especially were hit, so no.

15 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

David Guetta and Calvin Harris haven't released an ablum since 2014. Theres been rumors since that Calvin wont release another ablum.

Again, ablums aren't beneficial to these DJs. This was an experiment to see if the top DJs right now can finally sell an ablum, and even though first week sales were good ( they were the first to hit #1 on the top 200) the sign that it will probably barely scan gold ( if even...we're still in the second week) shows that experiment failed.

Of course they'll keep winning as long as they have sold out shows/gigs and singles to sell. But being the biggest DJs around and to barely sell gold says alot on the GP tastes with EDM in general... its disposable.

A sale is a sale...they aren't doing The Spirit Indestructible numbers...one oreason two big hits is more than fine

And with streaming exploding...this easily works in their favor...they'll make the money that way

Even DJ Khaled releases albums all the time...there are benefits

QueenofCopyPaste

1 hour ago, ARTPØP said:

They deserve it though if they are streamed that well in a certain tracking period.

Its popularity after all

Just now, ChartsFan said:

So only what young people listen to should count and be given more weight on the hit 100?

arent we all supposed to be equal?

Mm radio and iTunes is counted as well. You are acting like noone is buyimg songs that are streamed heavily DNA is #13 on iTunes. But sales are slowly dying while straming keepa increasing so obviously streaming will be weighted more and more heavily. Weighting radio too heavily can be problematic because it's not really the listeners controlling what's being consumed. 

12 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

Back To December and Mine especially were hit, so no.

Some Taylor songs weren't top 10s with longevity. "Jumped then fall" (no pun intended it), If This Was A Movie, Change, Speak now

Edited by Green

YAS!!

Despacito top ten, :duca: it better happen

SilencePlease

Perched for these charts today. How long until they update?

1991792_o.gif

butterflysupreme
1 minute ago, SilencePlease said:

Perched for these charts today. How long until they update?

1991792_o.gif

I think an hour and a half

This thread just inspired me to stream "The Cure." I hate how long it takes for a song to become a hit now.

SilencePlease
2 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

I think an hour and a half

Great!

Thanks! :hug:

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

This thread just inspired me to stream "The Cure." I hate how long it takes for a song to become a hit now.

Not if your Kendrick....

10 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So only what young people listen to should count and be given more weight on the hit 100?

arent we all supposed to be equal?

At this point i believe you're trolling :skull: 

What's the point of having the same conversation every single week on every Billboard 200 thread?