H100: Mood 6x #1, AIWFCIY #2, Positions #3, Dákiti #5

Renan90

17 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I Knew You Were Trouble is the only one of her #2s that wouldve been #1 had she not sabotaged herself. She didnt put it on Spotfiy

That's purely her own fault and not timing like all her other #2s

You realize that she pulled her discography in sep/oct 2014 while IKYWT peaked in Jan 2013, PLUS spotify and streaming were kind of irrelevant in 2012/13

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• fridayteenage

• Green

• slw84

26 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I Knew You Were Trouble is the only one of her #2s that wouldve been #1 had she not sabotaged herself. She didnt put it on Spotfiy

That's purely her own fault and not timing like all her other #2s

Spotify had no impact on charts in 2012.

21 hours ago, Green said:

Willow (cabin in candlelight) is coming

:cm:

it’s here! 
desperate tactics :shakeno:

4 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

:cm:

it’s here! 

some people have million-selling solo #1 albums with solo #1 hits these days, others don't, poor them

6 hours ago, Michael196 said:

You realize that she pulled her discography in sep/oct 2014 while IKYWT peaked in Jan 2013, PLUS spotify and streaming were kind of irrelevant in 2012/13

6 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

False.

If you weren't following the charts at the time, you have to do your research

Taylor didnt initially put IKYWT on Spotify. At the time, YouTube wasnt counted, so the chart was influenced by sales, airplay, and ODS (Spotify was like the only one of significance at the time)

The top songs on Spotify were getting a million streams a day, but that was more than enough to create a difference in Hot 100 placement. LOOH was the #1 song on Spotify, IKYWT didnt chart because it wasnt available

We talked about it every week at the time

8 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

BB added ODS to the Hot 100 March 2012. At the time, it was the smallest component in the chart. Obviously times have changed. 

3 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

BB added ODS to the Hot 100 March 2012. At the time, it was the smallest component in the chart. Obviously times have changed. 

Yeah I think it was worth like 5-10% in points. US Spotify hadn't taken off significantly until mid-2014 I wanna say. 

I wish Brenda Lee would team up with BTS or some1 else for a RATCT remix. I'd really like to see her get a week at #1.

11 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

I wish Brenda Lee would team up with BTS or some1 else for a RATCT remix. I'd really like to see her get a week at #1.

I'm sorry but that is too tacky. Rockin Around is a classic, Brenda is 76 years old. If she really cared that much she would just promote the song as is

1 minute ago, Ger-55 said:

veryclose for #1

sales estimates: 14k dynamite

9.5k oh santa and all i want

11 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

A Bieber remix would have been a good idea since he released his version of Rockin around the Christmas tree as an Amazon exclusive this year

The remix wouldn't do better than the original but it would have helped the song to reach the #1 so Brenda would keep her solo credit.

4 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

WAP out of top 40 :rip: This Xmas bomb is fun but it's a bit too much.

WAP will return after 25 December

I wonder if willow could break TROLLZ record (because of the Christmas bomb)

Heartless was #39 after Christmas week (it was the 5th week on the chart for Heartless and it was already #11 on Radio songs)

willow's second week will be after Christmas week (and it includes December 24th) so the Christmas bomb will be massive and I don't think willow will be that high on airplay)

5 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

This Xmas bomb is fun but it's a bit too much.

wait for next week... two albums bombs + Christmas! it's gonna be a mess!! everything will go recurrent :dies:

3 hours ago, Iamsorare said:

They need to discount it after Christmas.

On 12/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, EnoughSaid said:

I'm sorry but that is too tacky. Rockin Around is a classic, Brenda is 76 years old. If she really cared that much she would just promote the song as is

Traditional Country stalwart Tammy Wynette recorded a Hip-Hop/Rap song in 1991-2 with KLF called "Justified & Ancient," which peaked at #11. Wynette was pushing 60 at that time. So Lee wouldn't be the 1st. J & A is/was actually a song about cows. The bridge "All bound for moo-moo land" kind of gives this away though. 

On 12/14/2020 at 5:18 AM, Iamsorare said:

I don't know. WAP doesn't have any airplay now. Wet Ass Pu$$ys shock value had a lot to do with its success. That has long since worn off. 

On 12/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, EnoughSaid said:

I mentioned Tammy Wynette a few mins ago. Her biggest Country hit was 1969s Stand By Your Man. Stand hit #19 on Hot 100 & Traditional Country to the bone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.