H100: Mood 6x #1, AIWFCIY #2, Positions #3, Dákiti #5

Renan90

Not sure why people are hating on Mood, a genuine hit with longevity that's actually a good song.

Perhaps it would be better with less autotune, but that's probably true for half the Hot 100.

59 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who is KC here? Kelly Clarkson?

A quick google for new albums tells me it's Kid Cudi.

Edited by Letemtalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• fridayteenage

• Green

• slw84

The Hot 100 is gonna be crazy next week with Kid Cudi, Taylor and Christmas songs  :jonny5:

Taylor needs to pull Cardigan-esque tricks to get willow to #1.

12 hours ago, Michael196 said:

But Taylor was the reason for her to keep the record for two more years, if it wasn’t for her Mariah would have the third place but now she’s tied for second which is slightly better :fan:

Girl Taylor can take #2 since she's going to be #1 on bb200.

Mariah's the queen of christmas.

2 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Mariah's gonna be #1 the week after anyways

On 12/11/2020 at 6:41 AM, fridayteenage said:

Army better keep up the bulk buys so trollz keeps its record

I- :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Taylor needs to pull Cardigan-esque tricks to get willow to #1.

And what sort of point is Mariah expected to get? 

It's so weird that we're in a thread about current #1. The #1 for next week hasn't even been announced yet, but we're already here, discussing the chart placements for the week after next.

mariah will be also in range of 300-400 so taylor has a chance

Gold Rush needs to pull THRU tho. Solo T20 hits from female #1 albums, 2010+:

Speak Now 7

Red 6

Teenage Dream 6

1989 5

Thank U Next 5

Born this Way 5

Folklore 4

Reputation 4

21 4 

Lemonade 3

Sweetener 3

Femme Fatale 3

Rare 3

25 3 

When We All Fall Asleep 3

Animal 3

Title 3

Prism 3

Lover 2

Revival 2

4 2 

Positions 2

Pink Friday 2

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded 2

Bangerz 2

1000 Forms of Fear 2

Invasion of Privacy 2

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom 2

Joanne 2

Blown Away 2

Anti 2

Unapologetic 2

Truth About Love 2

Artpop 2

8 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Lover 2

justice for IFTYE and The Man :!ohno:

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

Mariah can take the week or two after it! Taylor is already tied with Madonna for most #2's when most of them deserved to be #1's, and she deserves the #1 more than half the trash that hit #1 this year (and last year too:mandown:), but anyway I don't want to jinx anything but just saying that she really deserves it and Mariah is guaranteed for at least one week anyway!

16 hours ago, Letemtalk said:

Not sure why people are hating on Mood, a genuine hit with longevity that's actually a good song.

Perhaps it would be better with less autotune, but that's probably true for half the Hot 100.

A quick google for new albums tells me it's Kid Cudi.

Thanks, but how well have his previous album bombs played out? No offense but I can't remember him charting a bunch of songs before. 

I also posted this in the almost dead ITunes thread. But most Christmas songs are discounted right now. 

OK Charley Pride, the 1st successful Black Country artist has died. He was just awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award 2 wks back at the CMA's.

ITunes hasn't updated yet. The height of his career ended decades ago but I still expect some sort of boost. He is/was a beloved legend at Country. 

the charts for the rest of the month are gonna be interesting :mandown: two huge album bombs + christmas songs battling it out, and then we'll be having those album tracks fall out over the next couple of weeks and the xmas songs out by the first week of jan 

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Speak Now 7

Red 6

Teenage Dream 6

1989 5

Thank U Next 5

Born this Way 5

Folklore 4

Reputation 4

21 4 

Lemonade 3

Sweetener 3

Femme Fatale 3

Rare 3

25 3 

When We All Fall Asleep 3

Animal 3

Title 3

Prism 3

Lover 2

Revival 2

4 2 

Positions 2

Pink Friday 2

Pink Friday Roman Reloaded 2

Bangerz 2

1000 Forms of Fear 2

Invasion of Privacy 2

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom 2

Joanne 2

Blown Away 2

Anti 2

Unapologetic 2

Truth About Love 2

Artpop 2

Speak Now :deadbanana:the DEEP CUTS won

19 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Mariah can take the week or two after it! Taylor is already tied with Madonna for most #2's when most of them deserved to be #1's

Most of them?

You Belong With Me could've been #1, it had longevity overall, but not on top of the charts spending only 3 weeks in top 3. So it wasn't really blocked from #1.

Today Was a Fairytale was basically #2-OUT, spending only one week in top 20. 

IKYWT - same as YBWM, but spending only 2 weeks in top 3. Also wasn't really blocked from being #1.

IDWLF spent 5 weeks in top 3, but only one at #2. 

Less said about Me! and YNTCD the better.

As you can see, they obviously didn't deserve to be #1.

Madonna's #2 are some of her biggest classics (Material Girl, Express Yourself, Cherish, Frozen), they ALL spent multiple weeks at #2. And even those that are forgotten today did pretty well during their time (I'll Remember being #13 on YEC with 4 weeks at #2 and Causing a Commotion spending 3 weeks at #2 being #46 on YEC). Keep in mind that songs had short life back in the day and once they peaked label would pull them from radios and shops.

1 hour ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Most of them?

You Belong With Me could've been #1, it had longevity overall, but not on top of the charts spending only 3 weeks in top 3. So it wasn't really blocked from #1.

Today Was a Fairytale was basically #2-OUT, spending only one week in top 20. 

IKYWT - same as YBWM, but spending only 2 weeks in top 3. Also wasn't really blocked from being #1.

IDWLF spent 5 weeks in top 3, but only one at #2. 

Less said about Me! and YNTCD the better.

As you can see, they obviously didn't deserve to be #1.

Madonna's #2 are some of her biggest classics (Material Girl, Express Yourself, Cherish, Frozen), they ALL spent multiple weeks at #2. And even those that are forgotten today did pretty well during their time (I'll Remember being #13 on YEC with 4 weeks at #2 and Causing a Commotion spending 3 weeks at #2 being #46 on YEC). Keep in mind that songs had short life back in the day and once they peaked label would pull them from radios and shops.

I repeat what I said in the continuation of my quoted post that you avoided to copy...

when MANY songs hit #1 in the past couple of years, when more than half of them don’t deserve to peak there, then Most of Taylor’s 2’s deserve it more.... YBWM/IKYWT/IDWLF are HUGE HITS that had actual longevity and legacy and were up against some of the biggest songs of the decade (SOY/LOOH/IGAF), as for ME! and YNTCD, especially ME! while they peaked in their first week, they had HUGE debuts but got unlucky because one the biggest songs of all time blocked them too (OTR), as for TWAFT then you’re partially right (though it was blocked by THE TIK-TOK), but if we’re gonna say it doesn’t deserve then... all of Travis(sans sicko mode)/Nicki/BTS’s #1’s and Some others that Iforgotthattheyexisted.mp3 are undeserved since they were not only flashes in the pan but also their debuts were SUPER weak and if they were up against any of Tay’s #2’s (except for TWAFT in some of them I’m sure) then Taylor would’ve demolished!

* special mention to Mine which despite leaking and having only 3/4 days of tracking because of the rush release still managed to debut at #3 and being blocked by LTWYL and the actual smash Dynamite :deadbanana4:

I Knew You Were Trouble is the only one of her #2s that wouldve been #1 had she not sabotaged herself. She didnt put it on Spotfiy

That's purely her own fault and not timing like all her other #2s

The most successful songs in SPS on Friday according to Alpha Data/HDD:

01 willow

02 champagne problems

04 gold rush

05 no body,  no crime

06 tis the damn season

08 tolerate it

10 happiness

15 evermore

16 coney island

17 Dorothea

18 ivy

19 long story short

21 cowboy like me

24 Marjorie

27 closure

https://alphadata.fm/charts/hits-song-chart/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.