H100: Mood 6x #1, AIWFCIY #2, Positions #3, Dákiti #5

Renan90

11 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Looks like Wham is way more international than Miss Brenda:

International #5 Last Christmas

outside T10 Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

I feel like Last Chrismas was bigger than AIWFCIY when I was a kid, Mariah overtook at some point in the 10s

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• fridayteenage

• Green

• slw84

16 hours ago, DemDam92 said:

Next week should be huge for Mariah:

- #1 on Hot 100 (90%)

- Oh Santa debut 

- Either Merry Xmas or Apple album going Top 10, depending which one sells more. Ale the streams will go to the bigger seller 

- #1 on Digital with Oh Santa?

Ugh the final Xmas week will also be huge.

tbh Mariah could've still been a MPG all throughout the 2010s... sis was young as hell still imo, had she pushed #Beautiful and the following singles properly from MIAMTEC I believe she wouldn't be just a Christmas staple but a pop staple :jonny5:

1 hour ago, getinthezone said:

I feel like Last Chrismas was bigger than AIWFCIY when I was a kid, Mariah overtook at some point in the 10s

This. At least in Europe it was.

3 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Surely Billboard will step in and change their recurrency rules to prevent that from happening. There's no way they'll let the same song come back and take number one for 3-4 weeks every single year.

Because billboard is above letting tactics dominate for way too long.

now that it is clear Lil nas was used for political purposes because they wanted to prove a point that anyone can pretend to do a country song and have a hit to piss of real country listeners a one era wonder they need to let Mariah RE-COLLECT her flowers and THEN change the rules. 

don't play with me, Billboard. I ain't messing about

rZQIDPu.gif

10 minutes ago, wolfaire said:

The way Mariah will have more weeks at BBH100 #1 this year than most MPGs

wolfaire

It's the way Cardi, Meg and Mariah will have the most weeks at #1 on the hot 100 for me.

rZQIDPu.gif

8 minutes ago, slw84 said:

It's the way Cardi, Meg and Mariah will have the most weeks at #1 on the hot 100 for me.

rZQIDPu.gif

Queen tingz. The trinity of 2020.

rZQIDPu.gif

4 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Surely Billboard will step in and change their recurrency rules to prevent that from happening. There's no way they'll let the same song come back and take number one for 3-4 weeks every single year.

People are overestimating the song, yes it's a juggernaut but it won't be going #1 every year people need to calm down with that. Trends change and yes Christmas music has risen with popularity but others are gaining traction now and big artists will return to releasing in Q4. All I Want is not a shoe in for #1 every season

Hot 100 this week

#1 Mood (#7 streaming songs; #1 radio songs; #15 digital song sales)

#3 Positions (#10 streaming songs; #7 radio songs; #27 digital song sales)

#5 Dakiti (#2 streaming songs; N/A radio songs; N/A digital song sales)

#6 Laugh Now Cry Later (#35 streaming songs; #6 radio songs; N/A digital song sales)

#7 Holy (N/A streaming songs; #4 radio songs; #11 digital song sales)

#8 I Hope (N/A streaming songs; #2 radio songs; #24 digital song sales)

#10 Dynamite (N/A streaming songs; #10 radio songs; #3 digital song sales)

#11 Blinding Lights (#34 streaming songs; #8 radio songs; #10 digital song sales)

#13 Lemonade (#12 streaming songs; #21 radio songs; N/A digital song sales)

#14 Body (#6 streaming songs; N/A radio songs; #4 digital song sales)

#15 Go Crazy (N/A streaming songs; #5 radio songs; N/A digital song sales)

#17 For The Night (#16 streaming songs; #26 radio songs; N/A digital song sales)

#19 Kings & Queens (N/A streaming songs; #3 radio songs; #14 digital song sales)

#20 Therefore I Am (#25 streaming songs; #25 radio songs; #8 digital song sales)

Disgusting how songs are top 20 only because of radio :coffee2:

BB200

#24(+5) WWAFA, WDWG? 88 weeks

Mess are people buying this for Xmas? :priceless:

It's also the oldest album non-xmas on the top 25 :clap3:

Edit: The ep too lol

#55(+19) dont smile at me 154 weeks

Edited by Kyoto

6 hours ago, getinthezone said:

True! I remember hearing a lot during my radio obsessed days back in 2006/7

Can't say I remember All I Want For Christmas Is You at all

8 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Why not? It's legitimately the most popular song. Deal with it. :eli:

2 hours ago, doonerr said:

True! I remember hearing a lot during my radio obsessed days back in 2006/7

Can't say I remember All I Want For Christmas Is You at all

When I was a kid AIWFCIY was absolutely massive every year since it came out. 

if mariah's song is the most popular song for 3 weeks every year why it shouldn't be number one song on charts?

4 hours ago, Adonis said:

Why not? It's legitimately the most popular song. Deal with it. :eli:

Exactly. The charts are supposed to represent what's popular right now and in this period of the year Mariah's song is the most consumed one.

A song that is not driven by payola tactics and is organically hitting the #1 spot. 

Hope they wont change the rules 

On 12/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, Katy V.! said:

A shame because Dakiti could've been Top3 any other month of the year but still a great result.

#1 on Spotify and AM is more than enough, though. 

I hope Dakiti holds on until January. Maybe it will get a NYE boost.

OK I Hope actually ranked ahead of The Bones on the YE Digital & Streaming Songs Charts & only 2 spots behind at radio. But at least TB is finally a T 10 H 100 hit! 

IH will wind up being the bigger hit in the long run though & should be the 1st Country song to reach 53 weeks/SRC+ since BB added in 25/52 5 years back. IH has outsold TB by > 100k downloads. IH at > 440 k downloads will probably finish above 500 k downloads.

I assume IH will probably go at least 5-6×P in the end, maybe/probably more than that. Meant To Be just reached Diamond but it sold > 1.5 MM downloads. I don't think IH can/will make up that difference in streams. 

I hope BB won't change the rules during this time of year. But also I hope they bring back songs that will fall out due to Christmas songs re-charting. Because it seems like "I Hope" might not survive 25/52 rule then.

Also, queen Kelly is about to have her 16th top 20 hit with a Christmas song. :clap3:

On 12/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, Kyoto said:

#10 Dynamite (N/A streaming songs; #10 radio songs; #3 digital song sales)

#11 Blinding Lights (#34 streaming songs; #8 radio songs; #10 digital song sales)

Disgusting how songs are top 20 only because of radio :coffee2:

And surprisingly BTS of all people benefiting from it :deadbanana4:

On 12/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, Inner Insanity said:

Yes @ Mariah about to have more weeks at #1. Such a ****ing classic. :clap3: It'll be sad when it hits 52 total weeks because I don't think they'll let it chart again after that.

Told y'all BTScam would plummet. Guess we'll see how long it stays on the chart at this point. :giraffe:

Did they not change that rule? If a song was popular enough to chart, they would let it do so, right?

:dancehall3:

On 12/8/2020 at 5:38 AM, ClashAndBurn said:

I don't think they will come up to that. It's legitimately the most popular song right now and the next years to come.

12 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Billie Eilish’s When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (6-4 with 10,000; up 70%) 

We love a pure vinyl seller :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.