BB Year-End Top Female Albums. Lover is at #3. Why?

Ribs

Lover top 3 on her second year, a rep outlaster :clap3:

Cruel Sanctuary really did that :clap3:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ribs

• peterstyles13

• FAME.

• lcylcy

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lcylcy said:

but Billboard chart-wise she has been doing pretty good

like how can she even be below Gaga?

I don't get it either, it has a good chart run, it's still top 50, I thought she would rank higher than that.

Over it is #4???? That’s extrodinary.. so happy for summer 

peterstyles13
2 hours ago, lcylcy said:

but Billboard chart-wise she has been doing pretty good

like how can she even be below Gaga?

The year-end chart is based on total units rather than accumulated weekly positions on the BB200

Because you're creating a made up list and positions by not including male artists

Just now, peterstyles13 said:

The year-end chart is based on total units rather than accumulated weekly positions on the BB200

I guess Gaga was super frontloaded otherwise that can't explain how Dua is below her

peterstyles13
9 minutes ago, FAME. said:

Because you're creating a made up list and positions by not including male artists

The OP literally says it's female albums. No one is claiming it's #3 overall but keep seething I guess :skull:

4 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

The OP literally says it's female albums. No one is claiming it's #3 overall but keep seething I guess :skull:

I know what the OP says... :rip: And in the OP it literally asks "why" that is which is why I answered the question. 

Not 21 actually being right after at #21 on its  TENTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR CHARTING  :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

Album of the century for a reason 

:jonny5:

Edited by Cockney Cupcake

1989 spending its 7th consecutive year on BBYE main chart. 

2014: #1 
2015: #1
2016: #16 
2017: #101 
2018: #82  
2019: #116
2020: #105 

:WAP:

Edited by xfreshkidxx

2 hours ago, FAME. said:

It’s not a made up position, Lover is literally the third most successful female album of this year using Billboards own numbers. The way you think you did something :priceless:

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

It’s not a made up position, Lover is literally the third most successful female album of this year using Billboards own numbers. The way you think you did something :priceless:

But nobody actually cares or seperates the lists by gender irl. So it is a made up position and list. Billboard doesn't even seperate it themselves as they do with genre's, types of sales, etc. If I took this list and picked out every black artist or non american artists and listed them in order it would be the same: a made up list.

26 minutes ago, FAME. said:

But nobody actually cares or seperates the lists by gender irl. So it is a made up position and list. Billboard doesn't even seperate it themselves as they do with genre's, types of sales, etc. If I took this list and picked out every black artist or non american artists and listed them in order it would be the same: a made up list.

And you’re perfectly capable of doing so and making your own thread about it, have fun :cm:

And it’s common to practice to separate the lists by gender, just search Taylor’s name on twitter and a million articles come up about her being Billboards Top Female artist this year.

It also bears repeating that Billbaord themselves separate lists by gender so people can see, stop acting like they don’t.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2020/the-billboard-200-artists-female

Edited by Headlock

8 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

I mean Lover was released in August and the tracking year starts in November so.. not that big of a surprise. Still an amazing result obviously, especially with folklore being #1

This. Same kinda applies to Over It. Kinda wish they'd move their tracking period forward. 

#1 Folklore - Taylor Swift

#3 Lover - Taylor Swift 

#19 1989 - Taylor Swift

Queen :ahh:

1989 after more than 6 years

10 hours ago, Ribs said:

#8 Cuz I Love You - Lizzo

#9 Don't Smile at Me - Billie

#10 Chromatica - Lady Gaga :rip:

:ahh:

Jesus.

1989 and DSAM are the MOST successful non-Adele female albums of the last 10 years, as the numbers clearly illustrate. :clap3:

57 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

1989 and DSAM are the MOST successful non-Adele female albums of the last 10 years, as the numbers clearly illustrate. :clap3:

No me struggling to figure out which album DSAM is :rip: 

Edited by Cockney Cupcake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.