Cardigan, Trollz, Franchise break new record

hausofdave

At least Taylor is still the biggest female artist at the 14th year of career, and her album is the top5 best-selling albums of the year~

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluebirdsforever

• TheObserv3r

• Ribs

• hungrymuffin

Top Posters In This Topic

No one claimed cardigan was a hit. Well at least she still outsold your female favs this year so does it really matter :giraffe:

Edited by hungrymuffin
typo

5 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

nobody wants to stream taylor swift singles in 2020.

only thing she do is selling them x374738483837 versions of her album to the same 5k fans 

take the L and move on cardigan isnt a hit.

Year-End Hot 100 artists:

22. Taylor Swift

56. Lady Gaga

Year-End Streaming Songs Artists:

22. Taylor Swift

Lady Gaga: OUT

L6NDL0k.gif

7 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Now go worry about whoever it is you actually stan

well i don't stan mediocrity, so:cm:

Give it up, this can’t be fun or healthy

:lmao:

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

Year-End Hot 100 artists:

22. Taylor Swift

56. Lady Gaga

Year-End Streaming Songs Artists:

22. Taylor Swift

Lady Gaga: OUT

L6NDL0k.gif

quote me again if cardigan ever able to outstream stupid love , love. until then cardigan isnt a hit.

:ahh:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, AlexStexaul said:

until then cardigan isnt a hit.

No one ever said it was, what’s not clicking? :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, bluebirdsforever said:

No one ever said it was, what’s not clicking? :deadbanana2:

I swear its the OTH who claimed it was a hit they like to put words into someone's mouth

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, TheObserv3r said:

well i don't stan mediocrity, so:cm:

You may not stan it but you’ve spent the last hour of your life making posts about it! A bit strange, if you ask me. You’re putting in the hours like you’re a stan for someone you apparently hate. Your ARTPOP serve.

L6NDL0k.gif

OT: cardigan a smash!

40 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

and folklore still outsold the album with the biggest hit of the year “blinding lights” in it and got nominated for grammy’s :clap3: no quick little singles artists allowed!

What about blinding lights chart run has been “quick”

yall stay proudly stanning mediocrity while waving receipts like grammys around when theyve been widely panned for not including him. Congrats youre an industry bootlicker that thinks theyre above Scooter but has the same mentality lmao

2 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

quote me again if cardigan ever able to outstream stupid love , love. until then cardigan isnt a hit.

Cardigan was released months later and will outstream it. Not like either of them are hits

L6NDL0k.gif

Thankfully Taylor doesn't need hits to sell her albums. Others only managed #50 with their album despite having a ME!-sized Ariana assisted 'hit'

L6NDL0k.gif

littlebodybigheart
1 minute ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

What about blinding lights chart run has been “quick”

yall stay proudly stanning mediocrity while waving receipts like grammys around when theyve been widely panned for not including him. Congrats youre an industry bootlicker that thinks theyre above Scooter but has the same mentality lmao

ok? lol. i still said what i said. argue with yourself.

ot: cardigan sold the album and is nominated for grammy’s :clap3:

The taylor stans her saying different things that had nothing to do with the topic :biblio: 

Cardigan is a massive flop. It still hasn't outstreamed SL, Break My Heart, EIW or other songs that went top 10 on the charts. It sure had a great first week but other than that no one cared. She has at least sold the album but that has NOTHING to do with this thread. 

At least Taylor still has album sales on her side. Sorry to the others. 

45 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

thank you signed albums & vinyls 

D47ADB62-7A86-479E-90BB-35FC57820EA9.thu

Thank u DEMAND!

You may not stan it but you’ve spent the last hour of your life making posts about it! A bit strange, if you ask me. You’re putting in the hours like you’re a stan for someone you apparently hate. Your ARTPOP serve.

L6NDL0k.gif

OT: cardigan a smash!

:rofl::clown:well Queen B f.e. already knows she's a queen, but that shake it off singer and her stans need to be put in place from time to time;=)

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

She has at least sold the album but that has NOTHING to do with this thread. 

Considering the purpose of singles is literally to sell albums (which people always conveniently forget?), it has everything to do with it. The fact folklore sold what it did is extremely relevant to this thread because it means cardigan did its job: help built initial interest in the project because of how different it was and actually move units.

Album sales are always going to be relevant in threads about singles because a single’s performance need to be judged in the context of its parent project. 

Edited by bluebirdsforever

if cardigan was released prior to the album release, it would've charted in the YE charts. cardigan had to compete with 15 other folklore songs and its sound isn't that commercial too

anyways, top female artist of 2020 remains unbothered :ihype:

Edited by TayDine1989

Cardigan is definitely not a fraudulent #1. It did really well considering the type of song it is and it being released alongside all other tracks in the album.

It's a disgrace to compare it to Franchise or Trollz because people actually know Cardigan. Those two songs are totally forgotten.

The main objective of singles is to sell your full body of work... So I don't see how you can drag Cardigan's chart performance per example when the album  attached to it has been smashing around the world. I do agree with the fact that today's industry focuses on singles more BUT, at the end of the day, touring is what brings the most money to the label's pockets and usually artists that don't sell albums end up fading away when the GP moves on from their music, even more tragic is the fact that most of the time they can't even do proper tours without having hundreds of empty seats every date(which definitely doesn't help to establish a great legacy as an artist).

cardigan is the worst song on folklore so I'm not surprised. she should have released august as the lead single, it already has 80M+ on Spotify as an album track buried in the track listing :rip:

Taylor singles are not doing great like it used to be :swan:

Imagine writing all these paragraphs to defend your fave, while being completly wrong:psyduck:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.