2020 AM's most streamed song: 460M ww, Spotfy's: 1.6B ww

Cain

Wow I had no idea how small AM was compared to Spotify ww :skull:

„Roddy Ricch’s breakout, “The Box,” was the year’s biggest and most popular single, accumulating more than 460 million Apple Music streams worldwide to date

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/11/apple-announces-second-annual-apple-music-awards/

Meanwhile Spotify's most streamed song this year was The Weeknd's Blinding Lights with over 1.6B streams gained this year

Edited by Cain

And his album is around 1.5B streams WW according to that link. Interesting tbh. I wish they would give us the numbers till the first 50 songs at least. 

and WAP and Savage together is 300M which is cool. 

From what I know is Apple Music only a factor in the US.

Europe doesn't know and doesn't claim the good sis.

But nice that we finally have some data:clap3:

Yes Spotify has like around 50-55% of the market share in the US market 

Is that why they don’t release daily official numbers? :toofunny3:

I can’t believe they cannot replicate iTunes’ success. But being #2 is not bad at all.

No wonder why they don't show streaming  numbers LMAO. 

AM has 72 milllion users :rip:, Spotify has 320 MILLIONS where 144 million pays for the service. So roughly 60% of users has free version which has quite a few limits forcing its users to listen to Spotify curated playlists, which benefits a couple of artists with TTH exposure :cm:

I- :rip:

I guess it’s only a factor in the US and maybe in the UK. I mean, those are the only countries I’ve seen people using it...

Edited by Enzolorenzo

It’s almost like one of the services has a free tier.

This explains so much about the charts, Hip hop heavily dominates on AM for some reason and the US chart reflects that.

J9jhP70.gif

How bad the numbers must look for the pop girls if their AM runs are so dreadful song on the platform and the biggest song is only 460M worldwide :rip:

I don't think y'all want those numbers either

The Box AM WW is 460M

The Box Spotify charts US is 401M (jan-nov) 

WAP and Savage AM WW is 300M

WAP and Savage Spotify charts  US is 347 (jan-nov)

17 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

This explains so much about the charts, Hip hop heavily dominates on AM for some reason and the US chart reflects that.

J9jhP70.gif

if anything it means people with disposable income (people who aint broke) like hiphop and arihanna more than the big pop hits that people with no money who voluntarily spend time listening to ads for a free 30 minute streaming session.

being big on am = more money.

1 minute ago, MingYouToo said:

if anything it means people with disposable income (people who aint broke) like hiphop and arihanna more than the big pop hits that people with no money who voluntarily spend time listening to ads for a free 30 minute streaming session.

False equivalence.

THCKUwN.gif

Just now, AbeHicks said:

False equivalence.

THCKUwN.gif

clock me. ur right :deadbanana4:

Why would anyone use that inferior service that is Apple Music tho? 

I tried it for a month and the fact that even most used buttons are hidden is absolutely disgusting. Imagine having to click on a sub menu just so I can shuffle my playlist 

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I tried it for a month and the fact that even most used buttons are hidden is absolutely disgusting. Imagine having to click on a sub menu just so I can shuffle my playlist 

This. Spotify with their interface and the personalized playlists >>>

22 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

AM’s audio quality is discernibly better. I agree Spotify remains the better platform overall, though.

1 hour ago, getawaytarte said:

AM has 72 milllion users :rip:, Spotify has 320 MILLIONS where 144 million pays for the service. So roughly 60% of users has free version which has quite a few limits forcing its users to listen to Spotify curated playlists, which benefits a couple of artists with TTH exposure :cm:

Only the mobile app has those limits though. You can still listen to whatever you want on the desktop app / web player with a free account but 30 sec ads will pop up from time to time. But I agree that it's really easy to cheat the system by having a song on TTH and making it one of the few playable songs on the playlist (unless it's random and songs change with every shuffle).

58 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

But... Spotify has more paying users than AM

J9jhP70.gif

I'm wondering about the Amazon Music numbers considering it is fastest growing streaming platform in the USA and Taylor is the most streamed artist there.

J9jhP70.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.