Obscene 2020│Albums & Songs #6-4

Verge of Obscene

Ok I'm seeing A LOT of taste in here! :jonny6:

In less excellent topics I have seen SLANDER for some of these but not here. Woo!

Smile is a really solid pop album - NO it's not filled with ground-breaking, boundary-pressing, genre-bending SLAMS but it is fun and cute and it's what we love from Katy - cute bops that make us feel good. 

Folklore is cute but I've yet to truly delve into it. 

Cape God is excellence obvi. Allie X queen.

"Rain on Me" completely and truly is the anthem of the year. I was in a club last weekend (I'm in NZ, no community cases of covid so no judging - we're fine lol) and it was my first time dancing to "Rain on Me" and the way everyone jumped in unison for the chorus. Holy shizz.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Verge of Obscene

• khalyan

• Tropical

• Into The Void

Rain On Me :worship:

Smile was a huge dissapointment, even Witness worked better for me tbh

I loved folklore, it has some really beautiful songs, but it bored me fast tho

• ATRL Moderator

Aoa7eOR.png

This album feels instantly timeless. Like a mature Future Nostalgia, with stronger disco roots.

Standouts: Spotlight, What's Your Pleasure, The Kill

The heart of the city: On fire

• ATRL Moderator

5BmfGmV.png

Did not expect an Ellie album to be in my Top 10, especially with a loaded 18 tracks. I see BB like a story of love lost, then love found in oneself, then her new bad bitch EG.0 on disc 2. I'm sure she was obligated to throw the radio hits on the album, so why not tack them on the b-side. It doesn't bring the original album down in quality and the fans get their way :coffee:Tides is pretty bad tho

Standouts: Brightest Blue, Flux, Love I'm Given

Bleach you like: A bone in the brook

• ATRL Moderator

Kw8jnRp.png

Give JoJo her goddamn flowers :angry: This album, and even the deluxe edition (kinda) deliver such a good blend of r&b and pop, reminiscent of Tinashe's Songs for You. If you're reading this, show some respect and give her a stream.

Standouts: So Bad, Don't Talk Me Down, Think About You

I need a: fuckin man, someone to want me like a fan, somebody who can love me like I love me, love me like I can

• ATRL Moderator

What's Your Pleasure :jonny5:

I love BB too but idk how much I feel like it was a better album than WYP? 

• ATRL Moderator

AGqeAFY.png

Any song that sounds like something you'd hear at the end of a coming of age movie in the early 2000's is worthy of being in my top 10.

"Everything I thought I wanted/I changed my mind and/I forgot it all"

• ATRL Moderator

eJMMpBM.png

The amount of times I have played this song and thrown myself around my apartment like I was lip syncing on Drag Race...chile. No song on Future Nostalgia can outperform it, right? :cupid:

"I had a premonition/that we fell into a rhythm/Where the music don't stop for life"

• ATRL Moderator

8ThhJeM.png

I like the album, and I think the production is stellar, but as a whole, he keeps singing about the same shit and it's overhyped :flower: This song however is the best song in The Weeknd's discography. The lyricism, the beat change, the production, all 10/10. 6+ minutes worth of robbed grammys

"Put myself to sleep/Just so I can/Get closer to you/Inside my dreams"

The heart of the city: On fire

I love you for this :heart: 

A little peeved to see Ellie higher than Jessie but, hey, it's your list!

• ATRL Moderator

yesssss, jessie ware snatching more acclaim here than with the shitics.  im glad you enjoyed it.  its such a timeless record.  great choices for best song too.

after hours the song is a liiitle under appreciated, because blinding lights overshadowed it.

wyp?, after hours, levitating, brightest blue, such good stuff here :jonny: 

Omg "Learning in Public"! :jonny5: So good. Ugh love to say Cape God praise here where it rightfully should be. Queen shit.

What's Your Pleasure? :jonny5:

I LOVE Good to Know and Levitating yes taste :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.