Nick's Best of 2020 [last update: decade cd/worst of 2020]

potent

:chick2: no numerical order... interesting ...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• potent

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Sunderland 4ever

Kings & Queens :psyduck:

Blinding Lights, Physical and Adore You top 10 as they DESERVE :clap3:

I also see lots of classics in the decade list 

the slayage of this top 10

alec making it :eek: adore you, i know alone, lost in yesterday, physical + blinding lights :jonny5: the way these are absolutely standouts of their albums, whew!

in a dream EP :clap3:+ WYP? :alexz:yup, a really god album from start to finish and deserving of the top spot. but yas at The Kill needing more love! one of my favorites :jamming:

Spoiler
On 12/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Remmy said:

Interesting to see Maggie make it with Dog Years, I know people love that song but it hasn't managed to hit me.

I could've put Alaska but I ended up liking Dog Years chorus more. Other than that though I think the songs of hers I've liked the most were Burning and Say It, which are both ineligible because they're album tracks :noparty:

On 12/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, Green said:

Oh wow great too see Rolling in the Deep as your new #1 of the 10's  :jonny5:

It's a great idea to do an update because the song choices and their placements can easily change after a year.

Yeah I think my previous Adele choice was SFTTR and it wasn't even that high, like only top 50 :dies:

On 12/27/2020 at 6:31 PM, Legend E said:

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: 

i mean kings & queens kinda grew on me but somehow i'm aware it's bad? :skull: i have no complains about the worst list

nice to see jessie in the best of 10s decade! i wish you had another choice for kelly :thing: cute #1 but adele had better too :thing: 

Well the only other Kelly songs I considered were the other 2 singles from that album and they're all generic to a degree, but Stronger is more upbeat and inspirational which gave it an edge. I guess it could've been Underneath the Tree or Wrapped in Red too but even though they're great songs I don't feel like listening much outside of holidays.

On 12/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, Ghostlysnaker said:

14OneRepublic - Counting Stars My #1 made it in your Top 20 :clap3: 

Camila + Shawn :biblio: he went down musically

"Everyone's trying to cancel her over racist posts from 10 years ago, but maybe we can just cancel her because her music is bad?" :deadbanana:agreed :eli:  her voice is so average. 

MGK though :noparty:  you're gonna hate my countdown :eli: 

I got really tired of Counting Stars before and I didn't want to listen to it for the longest time, but I picked it back up this year :dies: it was one of the few "older" songs that had a high amount of plays.

I thought your #1 will be Blinding Lights :eli: if that's the case then I'll be happy lol

On 12/27/2020 at 11:11 PM, Sunderland 4ever said:

I wanted to quote your post, but it got too messy. :dies:

Giving Up The Gun was my second favorite track of 2010. :worship2:

Yeah, I realized posting it that way makes it difficult to copy paste, but I do it in excel sheets so that's easier for me :dies:

On 12/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Orfeo said:

:chick2: no numerical order... interesting ...

For the worst? Yeah ranking it would just get too messy lol. They're all equally bad for the moment :eli:

21 hours ago, Moonlightbae said:

Blinding Lights, Physical and Adore You top 10 as they DESERVE :clap3:

I also see lots of classics in the decade list 

It's great to see those songs slaying. Especially BL, I was worried a lot of people might not put that song because technically it came out last year.

9 minutes ago, kiiwii said:

the slayage of this top 10

alec making it :eek: adore you, i know alone, lost in yesterday, physical + blinding lights :jonny5: the way these are absolutely standouts of their albums, whew!

in a dream EP :clap3:+ WYP? :alexz:yup, a really god album from start to finish and deserving of the top spot. but yas at The Kill needing more love! one of my favorites :jamming:

I originally had Mind is a Prison even higher but I shifted it around :dies: it's still a great song though.

The Kill is heavenly :smitten:

Wait I had no idea this was your thread since it's not your sn in the title. Lemme skim through it a bit :duca:

Edited by ReverseWarholian

1 Adele - Rolling in the Deep

4 Fun - We Are Young
5 CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
6 The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face

8 Vampire Weekend - Giving Up the Gun

13 M83 - Midnight City
14 OneRepublic - Counting Stars
15 Foster the People - Houdini
16 Passion Pit - Carried Away

18 Lorde - Team
19 Sam Smith - I'm Not the Only One
20 Tegan & Sara - Closer
21 Panic! At the Disco - Ready to Go

23 Grouplove - Tongue Tied

25 Linkin Park - Waiting for the End

28 Clean Bandit - Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne)

30 Tame Impala - Let It Happen

34 Shaed - Trampoline

40 Katy Perry - Dark Horse (feat. Juicy J)

49 B.o.B - Airplanes (feat. Hayley Williams)

54 Kesha - Your Love is My Drug

57 Glass Animals - Youth

60 Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
61 Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza

67 The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather

73 Birdy - Skinny Love

77 Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work

87 Maggie Rogers - Dog Years

98 Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch)
99 Scouting for Girls - This Ain't a Love Song
100 Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better

OMG The amount of taste! :clap3:

It's rare to find someone that has similar taste here in ATRL. And many of those songs are 2010s classics. My faves are definitely Houdini, Tongue Tied, Sweater Weather and TAALS.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, ReverseWarholian said:

Wait I had no idea this was your thread since it's not your sn in the title. Lemme skim through it a bit :duca:

Yeah I was worried this might happen :dies:

Long story short my username used to be potentbreakupsong which I hated, but I couldn't change it, so I used my real name instead :dies: since then I did manage to change it but I guess Nick just kind of stuck.

23 hours ago, D/X said:

It's rare to find someone that has similar taste here in ATRL. And many of those songs are 2010s classics. My faves are definitely Houdini, Tongue Tied, Sweater Weather and TAALS.

Houdini is their best song! Pumped Up Kicks who :eli:

Edited by potent

I could've put Alaska but I ended up liking Dog Years chorus more. Other than that though I think the songs of hers I've liked the most were Burning and Say It, which are both ineligible because they're album tracks :noparty:

Ahhh Alaska :smitten: That video where she's playing it for Pharrell is so amazing. Say It is still my favorite from the album :smitten:

Happy new year :foxaylove:

Rolling in the deep + Counting stars + Love me like you do + Ride :clap3:

The Vampire Weekend, Chicks, and Ellie Goulding love is nicr.

But girl how you gonna have UNDO IT as Carrie’s best single when Blown Away exists?

6 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

The Vampire Weekend, Chicks, and Ellie Goulding love is nicr.

But girl how you gonna have UNDO IT as Carrie’s best single when Blown Away exists?

I'm honestly not huge on Blown Away... I mean it has a great dramatic sound and lyrics but idk it's just not something I can listen to over and over. Undo It gives me BHC vibes which is probably why I like it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.